Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Asiana Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
My parents were in the same hotel just a week ago, also on PB. Being Platinum Ambassador he was denied any upgrade whatsoever... , but was also offered 70USD extra for Club access, without getting a club room.

I was also there myself in springtime. While it was nice hotel to use weekend voucher, I could also enjoy a nice hotel in the same city for mere 30USD incl brekkie.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I stayed there last weekend with PB promotion for 4 nights, and got upgraded to a deluxe suite
Thanks GordonGordon for your extensive report and great tips!!

I Booked the hotel on PB next week
My reservation now shows deluxe corner suite ^^
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Thanks GordonGordon for your extensive report and great tips!!

I Booked the hotel on PB next week
My reservation now shows deluxe corner suite ^^
Nicolas, I'm sure you will have great time there in HCM City! Envy you that you are already pre-upgraded to the deluxe corner suite. I remember the deluxe corner suites are much bigger than the deluxe suite in the middle (where my suite was, room # XX07) as I could see it from the floor evacuation map at the back of the room door. The first 2 nights the hotel was full house, otherwise I could have given the delxue corner suite. Please report back here your stay as well! Happy travel!

Fims, you are right. I could see there are a lot of nice hotels in HCM City, and they merely cost more than $50, so $70 + 14.5% tax & service charge for club access is a rip off. The breakfast at the restaurant downstairs costs US$22/person, but we did not try. We ate like a king when we had our brunch at the nice restaurants outside for less than $25 for 2 persons.

More info to add:
If you need visa to enter Vietnam, make sure you have a passport size photo, the website says two (2 x 2 inches) photos, but they actually only need 1, and they do not care the size of the photo at all, so it can be a bit smaller or bigger.

The early morning we checked out the hotel, the taxi fare cost us only 82,000VD (US$4.20) from the hotel to the airport (without traffic). I gave the taxi driver another 10,000VD (US$0.5) tips and he was so happy and kept thanking me.

Many restaurants accept US dollars. When we went to Hai Lua Restaurant on the last night of my trip, I asked the waiter if they accepted US dollars since I did not exchange enough VD. He said no problem, they even accept Euro, other currencies and credit card as well. The exchange rate was same as the money changer at the airport (1USD=19,500VD).
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Great report Gordon. Many Thanks for all the extremely useful info. I am there
for 6 nights in early December. Would I be right in thinking that [email protected] would be the correct email for the hotel?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by boar
Great report Gordon. Many Thanks for all the extremely useful info. I am there
for 6 nights in early December. Would I be right in thinking that [email protected] would be the correct email for the hotel?
boar, I've just sent you a PM with the email addresses of couple of the staff that you might want to talk to.

cheers!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Currently staying 10 days (6+4) on PB rate at the IC Saigon as Gold AMB. Got an upgrade with view of the Post Office/City. Received fruit plate + chocolates. Will travel to beach cities of Nha Trang and Phu Quoc in-between stays. Really nice hotel and centrally located (I would definitely stay again). Also very secure due to French and US consulate around the block. Everything in the room looks pretty new. Walkable to many sights and good restaurants. Food is not expensive at all. Love the French bakeries that make excellent Baguettes and my favorite Banh Mi (Vn sandwich made w/baguette). Some foods not to be missed are Pho, Banh Cuon, Bahn Xeo, Cha Gio, Bun Cha.

Internet @ Hotel is expensive, so try to get a SIM card with internet from the many telecom shops across the Hotel. I am using one and tethering it to my Laptop. In-room wifi signal is not good, so wired access is only way. Broadband speed @ 50Mb/s is not great, rather slow. I also noticed that the pic quality of all the TV channels was not clear/sharp only to discover that it was "streamed".
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
I stayed there last weekend with PB promotion for 4 nights, and got upgraded to a deluxe suite without club access (no complaints!). Before arrival, I emailed the hotel to see if I could get both room upgrade and club access (I’m greedy and it didn't cost any to ask), but here was the reply from the hotel "we are pleased to offer you an upgrade to a Suite room at the best location for your first stay, as also our appreciation for your choosing to stay with us. Should you need to have Club access, a charge of $70USD++ per night will be added to your account." If I had to choose either club access or suite again, I would definitely go for suite upgrade since the food in vietnam is relatively inexpensive, and there are a lot of nice french/vietnamese restaurants out there. For $70USD++, you can eat and drink like a king at most of the places in Ho Chi Minh City.
I'm a RA. I called and talked with GRO. But they said that they can NOT give me any upgrade or club access or free-minibar for reward nights. So I hung up.
How absurd staff. What should I do? I have a 10 nights with PB from next week. T_T
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
my report + video
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15096456-post3813.html
Old Nov 8, 2010, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

see my report + video
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15096456-post3813.html
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scienm
I'm a RA. I called and talked with GRO. But they said that they can NOT give me any upgrade or club access or free-minibar for reward nights. So I hung up.
How absurd staff. What should I do?
read again the Terms and conditions of Priority Club Ambassador programme...
When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...tml#ambassador

Upgrade is not an official benefit for stays on points. But you might be lucky as I was.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Could you let me know?

boar, I've just sent you a PM with the email addresses of couple of the staff that you might want to talk to.

cheers!
I need to send an email. Could you let me know the addresses?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
I need to send an email. Could you let me know the addresses?
Done. Thanks again Gordon.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
read again the Terms and conditions of Priority Club Ambassador programme...
When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...tml#ambassador

Upgrade is not an official benefit for stays on points. But you might be lucky as I was.
That means I should get complimentary mini bar beverages. But she said they won't give me complimentary mini bar beverages. I think she should be trained more but I felt uncomfortable about it.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That means I should get complimentary mini bar beverages. But she said they won't give me complimentary mini bar beverages.

Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by boar
Done. Thanks again Gordon.
Thank you so much.
I'll update my situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.