Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Here is the link for Ambassador Program T&Cs and benefits, which addresses your questions:

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...nd-certificate
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Here are some pics of a renovated room - in this case an Opera Deluxe.

My opinion - beautiful, but I miss the gold pillows.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:35 pm

355F1, ARR72 and Lewis42 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Classy AF!!!!! ^^
DonPedro likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:00 am

Were there supposed to be more pictures? Or are we just looking at a vanity and a lounge chair?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Were there supposed to be more pictures? Or are we just looking at a vanity and a lounge chair?
It seems that pics are not uploading properly on FT at the moment. There should be five images in total.

Different photos show for me depending on the device I use.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:24 pm

Low resolution images - renovated room and corridor.

Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:40 pm

Hopefully these images are now visible to everyone, and that the differences are clear. If anything the images look a bit dark - in reality the rooms are so much lighter than before.

Some other key points:
- Room layout has not changed, furniture is identical other than armchair. I stayed in an un-renovated room last week that had an identical layout.
- The radio/alarm clock has been updated, it now has Bluetooth and 2 x USB ports - a welcome update
- Mini bar is still the "bar tech" automatic version - this is a shame. No space for personal items.
- Inside of cupboards/wardrobes has been updated - no more odd interiors.
- Corridors MUCH brighter with new carpet and brighter paint. Will make a big difference when finished - this place is like a maze after all.
- New art in the hallways, mostly the same art in rooms. I still have the drawing of the minstrel. New room art still Opera/music themed.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DonPedro
- Mini bar is still the "bar tech" automatic version - this is a shame. No space for personal items.
The first time I stayed there, I complained at check out about the lack of space in the minibar and was told they would have been happy to empty it for me. So when I returned, I requested at check-in that the minibar be emptied. It took a little while, but they sent someone up to remove the items and turn off the sensor and I had all the space for my own things. I actually found it amusing that I was in this lovely, expensive hotel - on points - and was filling their minibar with my Monoprix take-out. ;-)
DonPedro and paolo64 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
In the bigger junior suites I always felt the heavy colour scheme worked really well (admittedly claustraphobic in smaller rooms) .....
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Usually my bookings (standard rooms) at the IC PLG have been ungraded to Prestige or Jun Suite or a room with great view of the opera (RA).
My next booking for 2 nights (1 points, 1 cash) is upgraded to "superior room with view to the Eiffel tower".
Is this a good deal or should I ask for another room? I don't find a room or upgrade list for the PLG, also this room category seems to be not bookable (maybe I don't find it because of the new booking mask).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by hannes08
Usually my bookings (standard rooms) at the IC PLG have been ungraded to Prestige or Jun Suite or a room with great view of the opera (RA).
My next booking for 2 nights (1 points, 1 cash) is upgraded to "superior room with view to the Eiffel tower".
Is this a good deal or should I ask for another room? I don't find a room or upgrade list for the PLG, also this room category seems to be not bookable (maybe I don't find it because of the new booking mask).
Two comments. First, things can always change on the day of check in as far as your upgrade. Second is that the hotel is renovating floor by floor and the inventory is of course reduced during this period.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: *G at A3,TK;M&M,LM; IHG RA, AB Plat.
Finally it was a Deluxe Room with opera view, 3rd floor.
New for me was the card reader to open the door to the Club Lounge. It didn't work properly, most guests had to knock and wait...
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: IHG, Delta
Construction is a problem at Le Grand now and for 3 years

I am literally typing this sitting on the bed in the tiny "Classic" room at Le Grand. I'm Spire Ambassador and booked on points. Never before have I not been upgraded at least one level (even at this hotel before). We came from the Carlton Intercontinental in Cannes, where we also stayed on points, but were upgraded to a very nice full ocean front room. So, this is a huge let-down here (and it cost more points per night!).

But now with inventory down due to the construction at Le Grand, there were no upgrades available, even when I offered to pay.

And even if you book a better room, consider that the construction may be intrusive - perhaps very intrusive. The hotel entrance is hidden behind scaffolding, which extends out into the street. I'm in the Capucines row, and right out my window is a big crane in the middle of the street, which is closed to vehicular traffic. It's noisy during the day in the room. It's ugly day or night. Construction is expected to last 3 years. Construction is NOT being done floor by floor - it's by section of the hotel. Right now much of the hotel facing the Opera is covered with scaffolding and plywood with pictures on it - from first floor up to the top.

The staff is doing their best under bad circumstances. We were offered free breakfast (not club access), and it looks like we'll be able to move into an executive room starting tomorrow night - which of course means repacking for the move.

But, bottom line, if you're thinking about booking here before 2022, consider the other IC or the nearby Hotel Indigo instead.

Last edited by Smorgasbord42; Apr 28, 2018 at 3:11 pm Reason: clarify construction details
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: IHG, Delta
So just under an hour ago - 8am local time on a Sunday - construction started. The diesel crane is running and metal beams are clanging against one another and the ground. Construction workers are shouting instructions to one another.

Lovely View, eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.