Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC San Francisco Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Nosmo King
My bad. Missed the key work "Suite". Fixed it in the quote above.

Originally booked a King Exec. Received a 1 Br King Suite upgrade and confirmation on "my reservations" on the PC web page. Then last Friday I received the 'downgrade' phone call...

Remember that upgrades may or may not be confirmed on your res in advance, but are always subject to change and room availability at time of check in. That some properties do assign a room in advance is not a consistent procedure and is still subject to change if they can sell the larger suite. Which appears to have been the case here. The only thing you can hold them to is the category of room you actually booked. If they can not provide you with the two category upgrade, or in this case for Ambassadors Club lounge access and RAs a Jr Suite, then the hotel should reduce your rate accordingly.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
What, are we in China now? I find it insulting that they would block FT access.

If we return, I'll make apoint of tying up some IT guy's time with my computer "problem" in the lounge. Maybe then they'll fess up to what they've done!

I had too many issues to add this one to those I asked the lounge staff to fix up. I would like another FTer staying there to enquire, though. It should be interesting to get their explanation. I tried both PCs and was able to get onto every other web site. And I know FT was not down last weekend, as it was available on the wifi network as another FTer I met for drinks was able to sign on from his laptop.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Remember that upgrades may or may not be confirmed on your res in advance, but are always subject to change and room availability at time of check in. That some properties do assign a room in advance is not a consistent procedure and is still subject to change if they can sell the larger suite. Which appears to have been the case here. The only thing you can hold them to is the category of room you actually booked. If they can not provide you with the two category upgrade, or in this case for Ambassadors Club lounge access and RAs a Jr Suite, then the hotel should reduce your rate accordingly.
A pleasant e-mail exchange successfully resolved this situation. ^
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Just got a reply to an email from the property confirming that there are no suites with 2 beds. FYI.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Savage25
Just got a reply to an email from the property confirming that there are no suites with 2 beds. FYI.
Ouch, even junior suites?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Ouch, even junior suites?
I guess not. They upgraded my reservation for 2 weeks from now to a King 1 Bedroom suite. Said extra bed is available if needed. Can't complain.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Gold, AF Gold, AA; Marriott Silver, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Result!

I am just an Ambassador, have an upcoming stay in IC San Francisco, where we booked a Standard Room. Emailed them to see what upgrade and/or club access they can give us. And got the following reply:

Thank you so much for choosing our property. We are delighted to inform you that we have upgrade you to a nice deluxe king room with nice view. Also we have arranged complimentary club access for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.

I am quite happy with the result. This is a 2-level upgrade. And even better, I checked the reservation online and found that it actually said "King Executive" which is 1 level higher even. ^
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Bar 888 in the lobby has a stunning collection of grappa which is the key feature of the bar. Even if you don't care to drink grappa, the bar is worth visiting to look at the beautiful bottles on display. The artsy grappa bottles are displayed prominently in glass cases above the seating area and are worth checking out.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:32 am

New Ambassador

Hi everyone,
I was recently invited and purchased Ambassador status. I figured the 2nd night weekend certificate was worth it alone. Before all this, I booked 3 nights with a superior double. I emailed the hotel through their website a few days ago in regards to an upgrade/club access but never heard anything back, does anyone have an email address for these inquiries? My stay is next week.

Last edited by soccerboi25; Apr 10, 2008 at 5:37 pm
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
Best flexible rate for this coming weekend is now $139 down from $169 a couple of days ago.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by soccerboi25
does anyone have an email address for these inquiries?
When I emailed [email protected]

I got a response from

Shehani De Marseille
Guest Relation Manager

[email protected]
Direct Line: +1 415-616-6587
Fax: +1 415-616-6581
IHG
Intercontinental San Francisco
888 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA, 94103
U.S.A
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:12 pm

Thanks martyYYZ ^
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
US$129 at IC San Francesco

This came through today...

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/california-hotels/394638

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...erences=ILXS5&

$129 -- Intro Special at Luxurious San Francisco Hotel* new

San Francisco, CA

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!

Travel dates: Select dates through September

By Travelzoo Staff
Be among the first to stay at the brand-new Intercontinental San Francisco with this $129 per night introductory special. You'll save 40% OFF regular rates at this 4-star hotel.

This incredible rate is valid over the following dates:

* April 18-20, 25-29
* May 2-4, 9-12, 17, 18, 22-27, 30, 31
* June 1, 12, 13, 19-22, 27-29
* July 2-6, 11-13, 18-20, 24, 25
* Aug. 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 30, 31
* Sept. 1

The 32-story InterContinental San Francisco is located in San Francisco's trendy South of Market (SoMa) neighborhood and is near the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround.

To reserve a room, click here to book directly with InterContinental San Francisco, or call 1-866-781-2364 and mention rate code Travelzoo
Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
thanks !!! ^
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Unfortunately I'm not there until 6th September...Although at the current rate I'm sure some good deals will come along!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.