Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 9:57 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by Troopers
My free night from the Select hits my account in early to mid January. I'm waiting until next Jan to apply for the Premier so that the two free nights hit the account about the same time annually. I'm in no rush to get the 80k bonus points or use the 4th night free benefit.
That's a good plan, I'll hop on that boat in September. ^
Old May 12, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tony300S
About a $191 in points value annually (40K X $0.006 = $240 - $49 AF) + the 10% reward points rebate. Still worth it in my book.
I can't find the letter they mailed me but the Platinum Status benefit on the old card is still there, right?

Will they let us "pay the difference" with points if we want a higher level hotel? The problem with the 40,000 point limit is nice hotels in major cities like NYC and SF are more than that.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:40 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by username
I can't find the letter they mailed me but the Platinum Status benefit on the old card is still there, right?

Will they let us "pay the difference" with points if we want a higher level hotel? The problem with the 40,000 point limit is nice hotels in major cities like NYC and SF are more than that.
Yes, Platinum status is still there.

And No, to the upgrades. That's kinda the deal with the devalued "Free Night" just like other hotel chains, keeping the free night at the lower tier hotels.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I found the letter. So, I guess the only change is the lower tier hotel. I guess still OK as it still gets me Platinum Status, 10% rebate and 40,000 point hotel night.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:19 am

7 days. still no link for online booking.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
7 days. still no link for online booking.
Sorry, I'm not following. What online booking link are you looking for?
Old May 14, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
Sorry, I'm not following. What online booking link are you looking for?
Sorry, I was following up a post from a couple days ago. I was approved 7 days ago for the premier card and still can not book the 4th night free with points.
Old May 14, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I didn't think there was a special link.

I was also approved 7 days ago, and AFAIK I can't get a 4th night free yet either (tested simply by making a 4-night award reservation and having it price normally).
Old May 14, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
I didn't think there was a special link.

I was also approved 7 days ago, and AFAIK I can't get a 4th night free yet either (tested simply by making a 4-night award reservation and having it price normally).
I meant internally linking the chase card to the IHG account so you have a seamless booking.

thanks for the data point.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:33 pm

We have verified with Chase that your IHG Rewards Club account is linked to your IHG Premier Credit Card. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your IHG Premier Credit Card to reflect on your IHG Rewards Club account.

2 weeks? seriously?
Old May 14, 2018, 5:57 pm

Well I will give praise where it's due. Got a PC supervisor to go in to the system and set up a reservation before the credit card is linked to the IHG profile. So now I at least have the first reservation I needed which was running out of time.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
DoC is reporting that upgrade offers are going out. Not interested at the 5k point level. I'll have to wait the two years since I received the signup bonus from the first card and then apply for the new one.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
DoC is reporting that upgrade offers are going out. Not interested at the 5k point level. I'll have to wait the two years since I received the signup bonus from the first card and then apply for the new one.
If you are concerned about Chase’s 24 month rule on the bonus, this should count as a different card product from the Chase IHG Select card, so it shouldn’t apply here.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Not only that, but you're paying $40 extra annually without any significant new benefits (IMHO). Annual night certificate is the same, either way.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by nall
Not only that, but you're paying $40 extra annually without any significant new benefits (IMHO). Annual night certificate is the same, either way.
4th night free on award stays is a significant benefit (if one can use it) - but you would loose the 10% points back if you PC
And the change date would reset the annual cert issue date i.e. normally 11/01 (so you would receive another unlimited one in November but you PC now so the new anniversary date is 5/15 and the cert cert will be at 5/15/19 and limited to 40k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.