Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:32 am

I got mine today,
No point voucher at all
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: UA
Bulk hotel reservations

Hi,
I tried searching for this but could not find it.

Does anyone know if the Ambassador program benefits apply to bulk hotel purchases? My company is booking a block of reservations for two 2 night stays at an Intercontinental Hotel for conferences I will attending. Was thinking about applying now and attaching it to my reservations to get the room upgrade and water etc.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Is anyone else experiencing a long delay in receiving the sign up materials, I signed up on the 23 Nov and nothing yet?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by strickers
Is anyone else experiencing a long delay in receiving the sign up materials, I signed up on the 23 Nov and nothing yet?
I signed up at the end of October and had my pack by the beginning of December - I am in NZ.

There is a whole thread on this subject, which might help. Otherwise I would advise to call them.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ght=ambassador
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by technochino
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Ambassador program benefits apply to bulk hotel purchases? My company is booking a block of reservations for two 2 night stays at an Intercontinental Hotel for conferences I will attending. Was thinking about applying now and attaching it to my reservations to get the room upgrade and water etc.

Thanks!
I think it very much depends on what rate IHG are offering your company.

Recently I booked 15 people into the IC San Francisco at a specially negotiated group rate. One of the guests is Spire Elite and initially IHG said that because it is a group rate the normal perks for a Spire Elite would not apply. However, she said she would try to get some perks and to do so separated his booking from the others. The group hasn't traveled yet, so I don't know yet what the outcome was.

Bottom line is you need to check with IHG to see whether AMB perks will apply so you don't end up with disappointment if they do not.
technochino likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by technochino
Hi,

Thanks!
Probably will not apply, as a 'bulk buy specially negotiated one-off rate' for multiple rooms will probably be discounted enough on ADR ( > 30%) that bulk rate will mean nights are "non qualifying stays" , or even if not that high, company may want to give up Elite Benefits/Elite-Points/Ellite-stay-credit for two good (fair) reasons i)not fair to some employes if only subet of employees have IHG status nd get room upgrades ii)hotel gives lower roomrate

Further IHG t+c is that negotiated rates are non-qualifying anyway, something to remember if you negotiate and sign agreement for your very own rate for a lengthy (2-3 month) stay. Being aware you could then negotiate that you want stay-credit/points/bennies for that stay, but many are not aware, and hotels never volunteer that info upfron and guest finds out after 2-3months when no point/night post after checkout and on acct posts as non-qual

nb's
Companies can even negotiate standard company corporate rates to be cheaper than normal by excluding points for nights (some companies don't allow staff to benefit on hotel nights or flights paid by the company). IHG t+c rule is heavily discounted corp rates are non-qual (ie >= 30% off) unless in Asia (when no 30% rule applies)

Same can apply to conference room rates, where conference organisers rate , can be nefgotiated to exclude points/night credit/elite-bennies (eg upgrades, foc breakfast at MR/HH hotels etc )
technochino likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I finally gave up renewing, thats it for me. If I need a Club Room I'll just book it.
ARR72 and yurtripper like this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:15 pm

Have an Ambassador BOGO certificate that expires at the end of this month. Was planning on using it for Vegas but that's no longer happening... free to first FT member with 50+ posts that PMs me.

=======

Given Away

Last edited by FlyingChuck; Feb 6, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:28 pm

Is the upgrade only possible/available if you make the reservation through IHG. Found a rate that is much lower than IHG´s own for the same room category so tempted to book this if you get the upgrade regardless of the booking site. Not concerned about the points.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by _ann_
Is the upgrade only possible/available if you make the reservation through IHG. Found a rate that is much lower than IHG´s own for the same room category so tempted to book this if you get the upgrade regardless of the booking site. Not concerned about the points.
According to IHG, benefits will only be given when booked directly through IHG.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
According to IHG, benefits will only be given when booked directly through IHG.
Agree, those are the terms but you could get lucky.

I booked the IC Palazzo in Vegas in 2015 through Priceline, showed up and they recognized my Platinum status (wasn't a AMB at the time) and they still gave me a Strip View Room upgrade on an upper floor.

It's hit or miss I would say.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
This may be a naive question, but as long as you know you have at least one yearly stay at an IC that includes a weekend night, it's pretty much a no-brainer to get Ambassador, correct? Since most room rates are gonna be more expensive than the 200USD anyway. And that's even ignoring all the other benefits.

One other question - The Wiki mentions that the certificates can't be used for Suites, but when using the Ambassador cert rate tool on the IC website, I can most certainly select Suites with the certificate rate. Is that new or is the website just mistakenly allowing me to do so?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
This may be a naive question, but as long as you know you have at least one yearly stay at an IC that includes a weekend night, it's pretty much a no-brainer to get Ambassador, correct? Since most room rates are gonna be more expensive than the 200USD anyway. And that's even ignoring all the other benefits.

One other question - The Wiki mentions that the certificates can't be used for Suites, but when using the Ambassador cert rate tool on the IC website, I can most certainly select Suites with the certificate rate. Is that new or is the website just mistakenly allowing me to do so?
Many IC's allow you to book suites with the cert. I have always had bookings honoured with no questions asked.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:02 am

Hi there, trying to book using the AMB, but finding no date at IHG Moorea for this rate. Keep getting:

"The Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night rate is not available. However, you may still book a room for the selected date(s)."

I'm trying to go 04/19 - 04/21 - next week! But I looked at other dates late out, and this rate is NEVER available. I can ONLY book on AMB rate to get this?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The cert is only good at IC’s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.