Ambassador Programme Information

Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:43 pm
  #256  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Earth
Programs: whatever it takes
Posts: 689
I called and asked if 5,000 points are awarded upon joining and was told no. The Join page doesn't mention them anywhere. Are people just getting this by emailing? Or does the FAQ need to be updated?
EqualOpp is offline  
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:43 am
  #257  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ (EWR) - USA
Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
I called and asked if 5,000 points are awarded upon joining and was told no. The Join page doesn't mention them anywhere. Are people just getting this by emailing? Or does the FAQ need to be updated?
Technically correct, you aren't awarded 5,000 points for AMB membership, there is a cert code in the packet you get in the mail.

Just go to the IC site and click on the sign-up options, you'll see it all there. My screen shots for AMB renewal on the previous page were taken in the past 2-weeks.
Tony300S is offline  
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:08 pm
  #258  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Earth
Programs: whatever it takes
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Technically correct, you aren't awarded 5,000 points for AMB membership, there is a cert code in the packet you get in the mail.

Just go to the IC site and click on the sign-up options, you'll see it all there. My screen shots for AMB renewal on the previous page were taken in the past 2-weeks.
When I spoke to the rep, she said renewal you get 10,000 or 15,000 depending on how much you wanted to pay. I understand that. But, I don't see anything on the join page about it.

Here:

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...&offerId=WBJIC

So..you are saying even if there nothing listed on that page...there will be a cert code?
EqualOpp is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:35 am
  #259  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AMS
Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
So..you are saying even if there nothing listed on that page...there will be a cert code?
The last 2 times at renewal I received a letter with a code for 10.000 points in the Ambassador Pack.
Carel1 is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:42 am
  #260  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ (EWR) - USA
Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
When I spoke to the rep, she said renewal you get 10,000 or 15,000 depending on how much you wanted to pay.

So..you are saying even if there nothing listed on that page...there will be a cert code?
#1 Rule.... don't speak to ANYONE at IHG It's usually a waste of time, but if anything shoot an email to AMB support to confirm.

So yes, there will be a cert in the welcome packet. I cannot see those initial offers since I have an active AMB membership... it only shows me renewal rates all of which have points offers.
Tony300S is offline  
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:48 pm
  #261  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: MAN
Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 351
I've just joined the Ambassador programme and received my Ambassador pack through the post after 3 weeks or so. However, no sign of the 5,000 reward points voucher anywhere. Are they still offering this for new sign-ups?
Crofton138 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:38 pm
  #262  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Posts: 3,023
Originally Posted by Crofton138
I've just joined the Ambassador programme and received my Ambassador pack through the post after 3 weeks or so. However, no sign of the 5,000 reward points voucher anywhere. Are they still offering this for new sign-ups?
The code is written on the welcome letter.
Tokyoite is offline  
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:09 am
  #263  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sunny Wales
Programs: BA Gold (Oh yeah!)
Posts: 66
I've recently joined the Ambassador programme (received the pack in the post this week) and as others have said, there is no code for 5,000 points included in the welcome pack.

I've dropped them an email and will report back when I get a reply
adieacc is offline  
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:20 am
  #264  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: AMS
Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by adieacc
I've recently joined the Ambassador programme (received the pack in the post this week) and as others have said, there is no code for 5,000 points included in the welcome pack.

I've dropped them an email and will report back when I get a reply
Did you check the letter in the welcome pack?
Carel1 is offline  
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:45 am
  #265  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD/DC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Posts: 1,552
Originally Posted by adieacc
I've recently joined the Ambassador programme (received the pack in the post this week) and as others have said, there is no code for 5,000 points included in the welcome pack.

I've dropped them an email and will report back when I get a reply
The code should be printed on the welcome letter you have received - it is not a separate voucher.
MD/DC Flyer is online now  
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:00 pm
  #266  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sunny Wales
Programs: BA Gold (Oh yeah!)
Posts: 66
I've just had a reply from the ambassor@ email and they confirm that new joiners no longer recieve the 5000 points on joining
adieacc is offline  
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:43 am
  #267  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ (EWR) - USA
Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by adieacc
I've just had a reply from the ambassor@ email and they confirm that new joiners no longer recieve the 5000 points on joining
That doesn't make much sense, but if true, more reason to keep up renewals WITH bonus points.
Tony300S is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:34 am
  #268  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ (EWR) - USA
Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by Tony300S
That doesn't make much sense, but if true, more reason to keep up renewals WITH bonus points.
Just to follow up on this... I renewed my AMB status via points on Oct. 6th and received my packet yesterday Oct. 30th.

Included in the packet was a luggage tag, a new member card and a letter with a points voucher code worth 10,000 IHG points. ^ It is in the second paragraph of the letter printed on white Intercontinental letterhead.
Tony300S is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:40 am
  #269  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Europe
Posts: 3,362
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Just to follow up on this... I renewed my AMB status via points on Oct. 6th and received my packet yesterday Oct. 30th.

Included in the packet was a luggage tag, a new member card and a letter with a points voucher code worth 10,000 IHG points. ^ It is in the second paragraph of the letter printed on white Intercontinental letterhead.
Are they back to the luggage tags? I got a card holder this year instead.
chrism20 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:30 am
  #270  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NJ (EWR) - USA
Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Posts: 396
Originally Posted by chrism20
Are they back to the luggage tags? I got a card holder this year instead.
Actually, you might be right. I just saw that it was leather and I assumed, but didn't pull it out. Either way it's all there and 5K points more than expected. :-:

Total AMB Renewal Cost:
  • 24,000 Points - 10K (Renewal Cert.) - 2,400 (CC Rebate) = 11,600 ^
Tony300S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.