Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:08 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
for rewards nights at the IC Thalasso
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Calchas
What a successful promotion.
It is the 3rd promotion they have messed up for me that if anything I am LESS inclined to stay at the IHG hotels in the future than encouraging me to do so.

None of SPG's or Hilton's promotions have gone wrong like this. With SPG's recent improvements in their online booking pages, my love for SPG is growing... and I'm speaking as a >100 nights/year at IHG customer. At least 50 of them can be moved to SPG (particularly as I'm an SPG Platinum heading close to Lifetime Platinum as well). I really think IHG need to review the reliability of their "personalised" promotions because they don't seem to be able to run them without things going rather wrong.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
for rewards nights at the IC Thalasso
sure, did it myself a few times. Have you checked the availability lately?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:27 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
And be honest - are you really staying at Holiday Inn hotels. They suck.
They stink. Why would you even do it, to get 2 more nights at the same crap?
Amazing.
Thank you for warning me of staying at LAX HIs. I'll avoid them. I can recommend HIs in China, however. They are usually better than CPs in the US.

HTB.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
mystery solved (sort of) on mwhy points were deducted from my account after posting.

One of my tasks was "Stay Smart" - stay at 3 HIX hotels. I booked three stays, 2 at same hotel 1 week apart. Well it turns out that IHG's interpretation of a stay for this promotion is that you must stay at 3 distinct properties, not 3 distinct stays. I argued that the terms do not say that specifically regarding distinct properties but was told that was the definition of a stay.

Pretty lame excuse in my book. I would caution anyone looking to do a mattress run that they be careful and not "stay" at the same property regardless of time elapsed between check in and check out.

What say you IHG concierge?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN
So hoping that tonight's dashboard update shows for me:

3 tasks complete
1 task 7/9ths complete

And setting me up for 2 free nights after next week's stays. One can hope, right?
Not a chance, nothing changed overnight, missing 4 nights from the "Stay X nights" task, 2 nights from the "Use IHG app 3 times" and 1 night from the "Stay at X HIE" task. Beyond frustrating....
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tom_MN
Not a chance, nothing changed overnight, missing 4 nights from the "Stay X nights" task, 2 nights from the "Use IHG app" and 1 night from the "Stay at X HIE" task.
Was there even an update? I have stuff from >1 week ago that hasn't been posted.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Was there even an update? I have stuff from >1 week ago that hasn't been posted.
Well, maybe that is good news, then. I have never had IHG tech issues before this promo, things have always worked normally (with an occassional burp giving me double points).

Anyone else have these issues when trying to enter the dashboard page?

1. Try to use IE and can't read the page.

2. Use Firefox and I have to check a "agree to terms of offer" box.

3. Use Chrome and there is no "agree to terms of offer" box?

Last edited by tom_MN; Oct 28, 2014 at 7:00 am
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by wlp07
I have the stay twice and get a free night or 25k points, and stay twice again and get another free night or 25 k points offer. I have already stayed twice with base points earned but zero updates on the ITN site. Pretty much standard from what I'm reading. Well just tonight I googled for the ITN page to login and noticed there are two different pages, at least per google. The site with my original offer as stated above is www.ihg.com/freenights. My offer via that login link remains the same. However there is also www.ihg.com/2freenights, displayed second in the google results. Logging in via this link showed me a slightly different offer, with the additional and burdensome specification that one of the two stays for each offer must be at an Intercontinental hotel, whereas the other offer to me strongly implies the two stays can be at any ihg hotel.
I see this also. "Stay twice" becomes "IC + one additional". Looks like the mid-term enhancements are still in progress.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
My offer was revised back to "Book 1 stays via the IHG App" after I sent an email to IHGCare.
Everything else seems to be updated as well.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:23 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ncgator
One of my tasks was "Stay Smart" - stay at 3 HIX hotels. I booked three stays, 2 at same hotel 1 week apart. Well it turns out that IHG's interpretation of a stay for this promotion is that you must stay at 3 distinct properties, not 3 distinct stays.
For me the meaning is clear. "Stay at 3 HIX hotels" is three hotels. "Stay 3 times at HIX hotels" is three stays.

HTB.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by htb
For me the meaning is clear. "Stay at 3 HIX hotels" is three hotels. "Stay 3 times at HIX hotels" is three stays.

HTB.
I agree. The same logic was applied to previous Big Win promotions.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:45 am
Suspended

I completed the screwed up promo and chose the 2 free nights. My account was credited with the 2 free nights. It shows up like the Chase free night. Has anyone actually tried to book using these free nights? The reason I'm asking is that when one books, on the confirmation page it says,

Rate Rules:
COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED

But there is no coupon or voucher (to the best of my knowledge). The free nights are simply added into one's account. I booked my 2 free nights at an Intercontinental and the confirmation email doesn't mention coupon or voucher required. I'm wondering if I will have problems when I go to check in.

?????????????????

Another IHG-IT Festivus miracle?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
sure, did it myself a few times. Have you checked the availability lately?
Got myself a 4 night stay next September!

You can use the new 'app' to book 1 week ahead of general availability (if you know how!), so if you know well in advanced (1 year) you can pretty much guarantee availability
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:32 am

I thought you gave up, or is this another BillyBaloney..

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I completed the screwed up promo and chose the 2 free nights. My account was credited with the 2 free nights. It shows up like the Chase free night. Has anyone actually tried to book using these free nights? The reason I'm asking is that when one books, on the confirmation page it says,

Rate Rules:
COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED

But there is no coupon or voucher (to the best of my knowledge). The free nights are simply added into one's account. I booked my 2 free nights at an Intercontinental and the confirmation email doesn't mention coupon or voucher required. I'm wondering if I will have problems when I go to check in.

?????????????????

Another IHG-IT Festivus miracle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.