Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrism20
Unfortunately not. HIX wasn't in the list of participating hotels in the T&Cs IIRC.
Nor, do HIX properties come up when you limit your search to just Holiday Inn properties -- however, Holiday Inn Select properties (still some of them left -- see Montreal) do come up and thus, would be eligible, it would seem.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I got the following for 2 nights or 50k points:

Stay 4 nights at any IHG worldwide
Stay 2 Saturday nights at any IHG worldwide
Complete the survey

I'm wondering if a Saturday night stay fulfills both stay requirements or if it's six nights total? I've already completed two nights; one Friday night and one Saturday night on different occasions at the same HIX. I have another Saturday night at the same hotel coming up.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by sleuth

Complete the survey

I'm wondering if a Saturday night stay fulfills both stay requirements or if it's six nights total?
Those nights requirements are not mutually exclusive. The 2 Saturday nights you stay count towards the 4 nights you need overall.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sleuth

Complete the survey

I'm wondering if a Saturday night stay fulfills both stay requirements or if it's six nights total? I've already completed two nights; one Friday night and one Saturday night on different occasions at the same HIX. I have another Saturday night at the same hotel coming up.
Yes nights count against multiple targets eg one HI night could count for all of
o Book on App
o Stay at HI brand
o Book on breakfast rate
o Stay Saturday night
o Stay weekend (if part of 2-day fri+sat or sat+sun booking)
o international stay
o Stay nn nights

So total of 4nights of which two are Saturdays is you minimum.

Last edited by scubaccr; Sep 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thank you darth and scuba. That helps a lot.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
I still have nothing posted to my dashboard (all zeroes), though the stays (from the first weeks of the promotion) have posted the normal points to my account. The Big Win stuff was one week delayed to post to the dashboard, but this is ridiculous.

IHG really needs a better IT department.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I just had my first night post to Into The Nights. Stay was on 5th of September, points posted as usual about a week later.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
midway into my challenge they changed the terms of my challenge....i had already completed 2 out of the 3 nights i needed & i logged on today to check my progress & i now have 7 completely different challenges....this completely sucks....i can complete all 7 if i go out of my way but this sort of sneaky behavior is not appreciated....i'm done with this promo....
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:08 am
Suspended

Now that we are starting to see credits post to the "Dashboard" could someone advise if their stay was credited even though they used a Cashback portal, and if so, which one?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Anyone luck with getting credit for extend your weekend?
2 night stay including sunday or friday night is required.
Stayed from sunday till tuesday but stay showed not up in extend your weekend...really strange
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by martinp13
I still have nothing posted to my dashboard (all zeroes), though the stays (from the first weeks of the promotion) have posted the normal points to my account. The Big Win stuff was one week delayed to post to the dashboard, but this is ridiculous.

IHG really needs a better IT department.
I believe the initial gap before anything started posting at first was a bit longer, and then the weekly sweeps after that (up to seven days after posting to one's account).
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I believe the initial gap before anything started posting at first was a bit longer, and then the weekly sweeps after that (up to seven days after posting to one's account).
No. Then I think I should have several postings by now. I clocked 4 separate stays already within the first week from day one, and only one has posted on ITN dashboard, which does not even tell me which of the nights has posted so that I cannot complaing to IHG which nights I am missing.
I will wait until I have completed all 7 stays and if not then posted, I will rumble them to humble (I chose those properties only for the promo, otherwise I would have stayed elsewhere).
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
My stays were 7-10 and 12-15 sept nothing has posted at all
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: IHG Plat,*A Gold, US CP
hopefully it will all update next week. I am also waiting for a few stays to post.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
So I emailed about the download and book a stay on the app showing the wheel only partially filled in and received quite possibly the most vague email response imaginable:

Thank you for contacting IHG Rewards Club regarding your Platinum Elite account. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We have received your request and we are working on it at this time. You have our assurance that we will contact you as soon as your inquiry has been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact the IHG Rewards Club Service Center again.

So I assume it's a known issue, but who knows...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.