Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I can see that the admin for this card has been a bit of a pigs breakfast, but being a pointslut felt the 60k signup points a bargain too good to miss!

So far, it's been smooth. Applied, granted, received card within 10 days and my status was updated to Plat within 10 days thereafter. Now I await my first statement and the 60k signup, which I'm aware depends on using the card (which I did within a few days of receiving it) and so don't expect to see in my account until probably mid next month.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I must admit I was quite worried about the horror stories on here about the card and it's administration. However I applied earlier this year, have got all the points I was supposed to - I like the website for it and have spoken to some really friendly customer service staff.

Maybe this is not as bad as it was made out to be or they have upped their game considerably - whatever the reason - I am really glad I took it out!

Regards

aks120
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by aks120
I must admit I was quite worried about the horror stories on here about the card and it's administration. However I applied earlier this year, have got all the points I was supposed to - I like the website for it and have spoken to some really friendly customer service staff.

Maybe this is not as bad as it was made out to be or they have upped their game considerably - whatever the reason - I am really glad I took it out!

Regards

aks120
Over the last five months or so things have improved. Keep an eye on your points though, in particular the ones from staying at hotels if it is not one you have stayed at before.

The day to day management of it though is definitely better.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:23 am

Points missing again

I'm just checking my statement from last month and not one of the hotel stays has attracted the double points, has anyone else noticed a problem?

Interestingly three of the four hotels on the statement I have stayed at several times and there has not been an issue with points at these hotels.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by chrism20
Keep an eye on your points though, in particular the ones from staying at hotels if it is not one you have stayed at before.
How do you get the breakdown of the points - I can only see the total and I cant figure out what makes up that total to see if I am missing any!

aks120
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by aks120
How do you get the breakdown of the points - I can only see the total and I cant figure out what makes up that total to see if I am missing any!

aks120
I get paper statements which usually arrive about three days after its produced online and about a week before the points are added. On the statement there is a breakdown of how many regular, hotel and international points are being added rather than just the job lot total we see online.

Unfortunately you then have to work out how many points should be in each category in order to double check. I noticed there was a problem with mine straight away as last month I only stayed in an IHG hotel four times and there were no hotel points pending on the statement even though I had stayed at all of them previously.

I'm glad you posted that today actually as I had forgot to drop Barclaycard a message about that - thanks!

You can switch to paper statements online and they don't charge for it either. Personally I find it is laid out better on paper than online.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Just moved house and tried to change address online. Doesn't like the address somehow so we have to phone.

This resulted in a 15 minute conversation from what should have been a very simple request.

Our new address is in the following format:

123 The Street
Town
County
Post Code

The Indian gentleman took down the address and then asked for our City. Told him there was no city. He then asked again for the City? We kept telling him we don't live in a City so he asked for our nearest City??? He then read back our address:

123 The Street
Town
County
Post Code
Town???

This went on and on and despite numerous attempts to tell him how our address should be he kept on wanting to put in the town at the end as well as the second line.

Why can their systems not use the post code and then house number to get the correct postal address as per Royal Mail??
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by c2lass
Just moved house and tried to change address online. Doesn't like the address somehow so we have to phone.

This resulted in a 15 minute conversation from what should have been a very simple request.

Our new address is in the following format:

123 The Street
Town
County
Post Code

The Indian gentleman took down the address and then asked for our City. Told him there was no city. He then asked again for the City? We kept telling him we don't live in a City so he asked for our nearest City??? He then read back our address:

123 The Street
Town
County
Post Code
Town???

This went on and on and despite numerous attempts to tell him how our address should be he kept on wanting to put in the town at the end as well as the second line.

Why can their systems not use the post code and then house number to get the correct postal address as per Royal Mail??
I posted a phone number on post #626, that one will get you through to someone in Kirby or Teesside during normal working hours where you might have a little more luck.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I posted a phone number on post #626, that one will get you through to someone in Kirby or Teesside during normal working hours where you might have a little more luck.
Thanks chrism. Think I will need to call as just checked our details online and they have the address as :

House Number - Number
Street - Street and Town
Village/District - County
Post Code - Post Code
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Post Office deliver purely on basis of house number and post code. The rest of it is only there to give you more confidence it arrives!

All sorting is done by a computer reading the post code on the letter.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
No more North of England call center staff unfortunately as they were outsourced from first source.
Now the card is managed in house... So it will be the Noida call centre just out side New Delhi from now on... maybe the odd person from Northampton if you are lucky!!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by stanontour
No more North of England call center staff unfortunately as they were outsourced from first source.
Now the card is managed in house... So it will be the Noida call centre just out side New Delhi from now on... maybe the odd person from Northampton if you are lucky!!
Kirby and Teesside are Barclaycards own staff, in Teesside they are based in Barclaycard House. If you call the general number you will get New Delhi. If you call the number I posted it will take you through to Kirby or Teesside, I've spoke to them this morning, they are still there.

The Customer Relationship Department isn't first level customer services and is a support department rather than a call centre. If you make a formal complaint it's these guys who deal with it. But if you phone up and make enough noise they will deal with you
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Raffles
Post Office deliver purely on basis of house number and post code. The rest of it is only there to give you more confidence it arrives!
Makes a nonsense of those operations requiring a County as part of the address. Living in an outer London borough, we have no county other than the former Hertfordshire. In such cases, I repeat the Town.

Mrs Roger's Iberia+ card arrived addressed to her at
Title/Name
Number/Street
Town
Postcode - NOT APPLICABLE - (for County presumably)
Reino Unido

Oh, BTW, it's Royal Mail.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
As of next year, County will become redundant on UK addresses. Posttown becomes the mandatory field on every address. Each posttown could have multiple delivery offices.

Every business operating in multiple countries should tailor their address capture to each country.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I foolishly got rid of this card about 5 months ago. Any idea how long to wait to be eligible for a points sign up bonus? I'm really after Plat when I drop down in May but points willbe a bonus if the sign up improves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.