Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Contact BBB and your state attorney general. IHG's "strongest best rate guarantee in the industry" is deceptive advertizing at best. The "no currency conversion" clause in the fine print is not imposed by any of IHG's competitors, which in an important aspect makes IHG's guarantee the worst in the industry.
Thanks for alternative avenues to explore. And you are absolutely correct, I checked numerous other hotel chain T&Cs for their BRG and none of them have this clause that the 3rd party site needs to display in the same currency as the booked IC stay. Everyone from Marriott to Accor Hotels states currency differences are resolved by using the hotel's exchange rate at the time of the claim.

I am awaiting a review from a senior case manager and hope that they come to some reasonable resolution.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The same currency thing has made a lot of site not compariable. It'll be nice if IHG change that back to possible to compare sites with different currencies.

Please post any update.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Hey guys,
Just wondering if Skoosh is usable for BRG?
I searched but only found one result in this thread with no indication if it's usable?

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by d4k8eu9
So, can german or other people officially use the international claim form (after a reservation done with the international site)?
I think you should call the BRG people directly to get their approval/confirmation on the phone. I made my claim using the form twice just for sure but somehow the BRG couldn't find them at all. I decided to call them after reading this thread so I did get what I wanted.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by TravelTalker101

I figured this must fall under the Best Price Guarantee they offer and read through the T&Cs before calling.
Although I have some sympathy with you situation, I'm not sure why you bothered to even put in a claim. The T&C which you read BEFORE calling clearly states that the competing website must state and charge its rate in the same currency as the IHG website.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
The same currency thing has made a lot of site not compariable. It'll be nice if IHG change that back to possible to compare sites with different currencies.

Please post any update.
Why not change the currency on the priorityclub website ? You can make it display any currency you like. It does work!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by lsed
Hey guys,
Just wondering if Skoosh is usable for BRG?
I searched but only found one result in this thread with no indication if it's usable?

Thanks!
Anyone have an answer for this?
Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:14 am

Me - I have nightmares about waking up each day and finding a new thread on BRG problems that covers no new issue from all the issues raised in the Master thread. It causes me cold sweats . Perhaps I should start a thread on it @:-)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:17 am

Anyone have an answer for this?
Thanks
Just try it. Book a refundable rate on IHG and phone up the desk and they will tell you if Skoosh is ok or not.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:56 am

Thumbs down

(Apologies I did not post this under the master BRG thread - the anger of the moment. Sometimes even nightmares come true @3544quebec)

So after getting a response from a senior case manager, who ultimately appears to have no more authority than the regular agent who handles BRG claims - my claim was denied again.

This time, I did not bother to pursue it further b/c honestly at this point if they don't understand that this is a matter of upholding what they advertise (trust me, I realize it is a marketing scheme now above all else) to customers and PC loyalty members, then it's better I'm just completely done with the IC chain of hotels.

Yes, it did state clearly in T&Cs that it was required that currency be readily available. However, when that rate is publicly available to anyone who books and is not just a few dollars different because of currency exchange rate fluctuations AND is from a reliable 3rd party site like Orbitz.com, it should be validated. The additional clause in their T&C is merely included as a loophole for them from honoring T&Cs. It becomes the consumers fault that IC can't view the rate in another currency on a 3rd party website when in reality it really makes no difference if all other aspects of the claim are accurate what currency it shows.

At this point, I have done what I should have done from the very beginning and called up the hotel in HKG and cancelled my reservation directly with the reservation department. I explained to them my situation and they were understanding enough to cancel it without charge. It was the first time in this whole ordeal that I received decent customer service, too bad it will be the last time I plan to interact with IC chain.

There are enough hotel chains out there who understand what customer service is that I sincerely doubt I will ever miss IC hotels or feel compelled to stay in one.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:00 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've managed to score a BRG with an IC in Tokyo.

Now, has anyone managed to have their partner make another claim for the next night -- and stay without the hotel getting upset? The IC in Tokyo is rather small and I remember that they recognized me each time I entered or left...

HTB.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by htb
I've managed to score a BRG with an IC in Tokyo.

Now, has anyone managed to have their partner make another claim for the next night -- and stay without the hotel getting upset? The IC in Tokyo is rather small and I remember that they recognized me each time I entered or left...

HTB.
I haven't tried this (yet) but what do you mean by the hotel getting upset. You're not doing anything against their terms and conditions, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? Technically you have to check-out of the room and won't have a room for a couple of hours, but otherwise it should be fine, right?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the earlier reply.
When the rate changes to just best flex and its still cheaper I'll give it a shot.

Originally Posted by mabramovich
I haven't tried this (yet) but what do you mean by the hotel getting upset. You're not doing anything against their terms and conditions, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? Technically you have to check-out of the room and won't have a room for a couple of hours, but otherwise it should be fine, right?

Hotel getting upset because the hotel is the one that pays for the stay when the claim is granted. So doing it twice is 'abusing' the system, especially if the hotel treats you like a special guest
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:48 pm

Thanks for the earlier reply.
When the rate changes to just best flex and its still cheaper I'll give it a shot.
You don't have to wait. They'll verify your claim and just tell you to change it to the AP rate while on the phone.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:48 pm

best place to look.

What in everyones opinion is the best site to compare rates now that you can't select hotels by chain on kayak or hotelscombined. Looking for an easy way. (I'm sure everyone is)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.