Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by castcore
Is it just me or there are virtually no private transfer companies on Bora Bora?
there are a few

https://www.wasserurlaub.info/forum/...nz-polynesien/
(use google translate, or look for the word "Bootsverleih")

the other option is to ask the boatman of your excursion to do the transfer for you. so for example, you book a half day snorkel tour with him, so he comes pick you up at hotel A in the morning, you then ask him to drop you at hotel B after you finish your trip. they usually go from one hotel to another to pick up passengers before beginning the excursion anyway.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
You seem to mis-perceive things. Being a new mom doesn't change the rules for anything. We all have life responsibilities - we have had 3 kids. You need to understand that by you booking this with points when you did not have firm travel plans, you prevented someone else from booking with points that could have used that night. Speculative booking is horrible! Don't do it unless you intend to travel. Why is it the resort's responsibility to refund your points etc for a speculative booking that you forgot to cancel?
Agree with Carl on this....mostly....

I plan our family Summer a trip about a year in advance to take advantage of the best points flights/hotel options available. So having "firm travel plans" is a work in progress. As I build out the trip I will speculatively book based on what points rooms are available at a given time. Since not all hotels release rooms on the same schedule that becomes a bit of a challenge putting it all together. Case in point, last year we had points rooms booked at Thalasso, Le Moana and the Conrad. Some of the nights overlapped. As more rooms opened up were were able to put together a 9 night vacation.

But here is the difference in my "speculative booking" versus the OP Carl was responding too. Once we no longer needed a reservation we canceled it. Many months in advance, allowing another traveler to grab it.

I get life may have gotten in the way. But being frustrated, and publicly shaming dedicated hotel staff, is no way to approach YOUR error. Of course they may have not been as helpful as YOU wanted. But that does not make it poor customer service. The hotel chain, not the employee is charging you a fair penalty. This is to discourage guests from holding reservations they are not going to use. Based on this experience, my guess is that you will not repeat that error.

I do enjoy this website, but find the amount of entitlement many of the users feel is owed to them masked as "customer service" is amazing. Off soap box....

TD
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lanalovestravel
Update so to not confuse anyone. I don’t know where IHG customer service got the $291 amount for cancellation, but that was the amount multiple reps stated when I asked them about the penalty amount. There was so much misleading information on all ends.

When cancellation got processed, I was charged over $1,000 for the night so basically the full price. Many calls later, Christophe the assistant general manager was willing to work with us and agreed to reinstate the reservation in points, take the points, and refund us money. I surely appreciated that, but would appreciate it more if they would let us keep the points since missing the deadline was not intentional and I couldn’t cancel it on time since I didn’t even remember booking this reservation. First couple months postpartum were a blur. No matter how hard you try to play by the rules, things happen, life happens. There are always exceptions to the rules, and it goes a long way when the hotel works with you on one-off situations like these. Just makes your a more loyal customer. My husband used to work as a hotel manager at a luxury resort and was always willing to work with customers and wave cancellation charges for one-off situations like these. It’s not all about making profit all the time.

So at the end we are losing points, but getting our money back, which of course is much better than losing $1,000. The interesting thing is that the cancelled night never went back into rewards inventory after it was cancelled.

IHG customer service was pretty bad, multiple transfers back and forth, hang ups, incorrect information, etc. Nobody could explain why they said I would be charged $291. But yet every time they would thank me for being a loyal and elite member. We had to deal with them because they had to initiate the reinstatement.

This situation reminded me another situation when two years ago someone accessed my spouse’s account and made a points reservation. Even though it was a fraudulent reservation, it was extremely difficult to deal with IHG customer service to get the points back. So was this experience. We will just use our remaining points and night certificates and end our relationship with IHG.

Now just looking forward to our stay in Bora Bora with St Regis!
If you were not going you should have cancelled, and well up front (not just 48hours or so out) to be fair to other IHGers wanting rooms at this aspirational property. You'd know this well up front , especially if you'd never got around to buying flights etc needed to get to the IC.

The IC was already doing you a very big favour, by not simply charging you the costly daily rate and returning your points. Something not all hotels will consider as IHG pays hotels much less (a pittance even) for such award nights than a paying guest provides.

Remember hotel can't magic up guests at the last minute in such an unreachable hotel and is out of pocket for your room nights being empty if they refund,

You won't get much sympathy over preventing others booking award nights at such an aspirational destination
Rifleman69, wlp07 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:11 am

The whole point of a reservation is that you make a commitment.

Doesn't even matter that you had to take care of a child, or other FTers loose out in using the reward night.

A simple matter of taking responsibility for the commitments you made in all liberty.

Unless you were in a coma between making the booking and the actual cancellation deadline, I can't imagine any scenario for compassion with your case.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:08 am

Point Availability Nights at Thalasso

I'm hoping for some clarity on the process of the release of availability of nights bookable with points (70k) at Thalasso.

Comments here seem to indicate that the Thalasso opens up availability 4 months out, and only 1 room is opened up per day.

Does 4 months mean ~120 days out? In other words, if today is July 6, do they open availability for November 7 tomorrow (Jul 7)? Or is availability loaded for the entire month of November on July 1? Finally, when is availability opened? 12:01 am local time? 8am local time?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:42 am

There is no free lunch.

Do your own research, and report back. Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:38 am

just released nov 8 & 9 and they instantly went back in inventory.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by persoid
I'm hoping for some clarity on the process of the release of availability of nights bookable with points (70k) at Thalasso.

Comments here seem to indicate that the Thalasso opens up availability 4 months out, and only 1 room is opened up per day.

Does 4 months mean ~120 days out? In other words, if today is July 6, do they open availability for November 7 tomorrow (Jul 7)? Or is availability loaded for the entire month of November on July 1? Finally, when is availability opened? 12:01 am local time? 8am local time?
Unless you have a Chase IHG card anniversary cert good for any hotel. That was getting a lot more availability than points as of a few months ago.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by italdesign
Unless you have a Chase IHG card anniversary cert good for any hotel. That was getting a lot more availability than points as of a few months ago.
When I was booking (recently) it looked like the free night cert was tied closer to award availability. Is that your experience now as well? Before (like you said) the space was wide open. I'm scared to cancel my reservation at Le Moana to check Thalasso availability as I don't want to lose my current booking if it doesn't go back into inventory
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:46 am

Hi everyone! We have a few nights at Thalasso, followed by a few nights at Conrad. Just want to make sure a few things...

We'll be taking this route: Air Tahiti free boat to Vaitape -> Taxi to Le Moana ($25) -> Boat to IC ($35 RT) ... same way back to Vaitape (another $25 taxi) -> Conrad boat (free). IF I budgeted correctly, should be ~$67 per person. We don't mind the route as it (hopefully) allows us to (re-)stock food and eat a few times on the main island.

a) We're scheduled to arrive BOB at 4:50pm. What time can I expect to arrive Vaitape pier? I'm thinking to have a tasty meal around the pier before going to IC.
b) Does anyone know what time Chin Lee closes on a Tuesday? Would like to stock food upon arrival.
c) After dinner, we'll take taxi to Le Moana to catch the 8:30pm boat to Thalasso. Is it easy to get a taxi from Vaitape pier around 7:30pm? And the other way around (Le Moana taxi to Pier)? I understand taxi fare is $20-25 USD.
d) Can anyone who has been to IC recently confirm the boat schedule in the wiki hasn't changed?
e) The boat: Le Moana -> Thalasso -> Le Moana, is charged just one RT of ~3400 XPF, right?

Thanks everyone.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:21 pm

Hi everyone! We have a few nights at Thalasso, followed by a few nights at Conrad. Just want to make sure a few things...

We'll be taking this route: Air Tahiti free boat to Vaitape -> Taxi to Le Moana ($25) -> Boat to IC ($35 RT) ... same way back to Vaitape (another $25 taxi) -> Conrad boat (free). IF I budgeted correctly, should be ~$67 per person. We don't mind the route as it (hopefully) allows us to (re-)stock food and eat a few times on the main island.

a) We're scheduled to arrive BOB at 4:50pm. What time can I expect to arrive Vaitape pier? I'm thinking to have a tasty meal around the pier before going to IC.
b) Does anyone know what time Chin Lee closes on a Tuesday? Would like to stock food upon arrival.
c) After dinner, we'll take taxi to Le Moana to catch the 8:30pm boat to Thalasso. Is it easy to get a taxi from Vaitape pier around 7:30pm? And the other way around (Le Moana taxi to Pier)? I understand taxi fare is $20-25 USD.
d) Can anyone who has been to IC recently confirm the boat schedule in the wiki hasn't changed?
e) The boat: Le Moana -> Thalasso -> Le Moana, is charged just one RT of ~3400 XPF, right?

Thanks everyone.
We use Taxi Dora when we are there. She is great. You can schedule rides with her ahead of time. The cost to the Moana was 2000xpf. Her email address is [email protected]

You should get to Vaitape at about 5:35pm.

I believe you will be charged 3400 xpf each way. I could be wrong though. We always arrive via the Moana and take the pricey transfer to the airport. We were charged the 3400 for the one way.

italdesign and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I believe you will be charged 3400 xpf each way. I could be wrong though. We always arrive via the Moana and take the pricey transfer to the airport. We were charged the 3400 for the one way.

Has anyone else done this (Moana -> Thalasso -> Moana) and can confirm either way?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:19 pm

Has anyone else done this (Moana -> Thalasso -> Moana) and can confirm either way?
I just did this. And they charge 3400xpf each way for the transfer from le moana. it is pretty clear that the flyers at Le Moana say 3400 round trip. Take a picture of that flyer when you arrive at the Le Moana front desk.

​​​​​​​The argument at the Thalasso is that the round-trip price is only for day trips. If you push, they will waive it I believe.
italdesign likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Just released Sep. 19-21. Cancelled Sep. 18 but didn't go back into inventory, probably because it's pretty booked. Anyways, thank you to this forum for being invaluable resource, especially this past year where there was significantly less gate keeping and users were more willing to share information.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I'm wondering if I should cancel my upcoming trip. There are now also some Dengue cases in Bora Bora and many in Tahiti, the numbers doubled in the past month.
Plus de 200 cas de dengue en Polynésie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.