Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by Liquidus
It does seem that the Chase free night and points share the same availability. I have been checking every day and managed to book one night at Thalasso yesterday. It was available with either the Chase free night or 70,000 points.
Congrats on this. I was only able to book Moana but I've been checking every day as well. I doubt it will become available, but good to know someone was able to actually book thalasso with their chase night.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by bbqbt

When does Thalasso release award night availability and how far out it is released? I have been checking frequently these days but havent seen any available. Thank you!
Sorry, I have no idea. I booked a night in June 2019.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:14 pm

Sorry, I have no idea. I booked a night in June 2019.
thanks! i will keep on looking. congrats on finding an award!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:58 pm

It does seem that the Chase free night and points share the same availability. I have been checking every day and managed to book one night at Thalasso yesterday. It was available with either the Chase free night or 70,000 points.
unless they changed it recently, but when I looked into this last month, I saw a pretty good availability in May 2019 for cert, yet nothing for points.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by slusser08
We stayed in December and used one of my father's certificates. It caused some confusion when checking in because they did not seem to have anything with additional guests info. As I also had put in my wife's name as an additional guest. But they allowed it with his name as the reservation.
I am facing the same issue. Did your father stay with you? I am afraid that if family member relative call to add me as guest and let me checkin, if they do not show up at check out, the hotel may say Chase FN is not transferrable and ask me to pay for it.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
It seems to me that currently reward nights don't go back to inventory. Did anyone notice the same?

I have six consecutive nights in the first half of June and it looks like we might not be able to go. It would be a real shame if they can't be used.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
It seems to me that currently reward nights don't go back to inventory. Did anyone notice the same?

I have six consecutive nights in the first half of June and it looks like we might not be able to go. It would be a real shame if they can't be used.
Hit or miss - have experienced both going to inventory and not going back right away. Very odd how they are able to hold certain dates you cancel and not others.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Hit or miss - have experienced both going to inventory and not going back right away. Very odd how they are able to hold certain dates you cancel and not others.
At the moment they don't seem to release any nights. Or when was the last time you saw an available reward night?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:55 am

At the moment they don't seem to release any nights. Or when was the last time you saw an available reward night?
Last time I saw nights was in March.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:48 am

There's availability now for May 4,5, and 6.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:53 pm
h2d

Update here for those with unrestricted free night awards as I was nervous based on prior comments - I confirm that availability is still based on a separate calendar to points nights. I was able to book a night in December using the award which was showing no point availability.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by h2d
Update here for those with unrestricted free night awards as I was nervous based on prior comments - I confirm that availability is still based on a separate calendar to points nights. I was able to book a night in December using the award which was showing no point availability.
I have seen a few points redemption dates come and go, usually on short notice a week or two out. Nothing much further and I understand they are only available up to about 4 months in advance.

My unrestricted free night was awarded about a month ago but I have not seen a single night available and I have been checking quite regularly. Did you just see an available date appear in December? Was there only one, or more? I am wondering if I am missing something but it's encouraging to see some award(s) were available that far out as I am looking for February 2020 availability.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by h2d
Can you point me to a date that shows certificate availability but not points availability? I would like to believe this but it does not comport with anything I have seen.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by mharlan100

I have seen a few points redemption dates come and go, usually on short notice a week or two out. Nothing much further and I understand they are only available up to about 4 months in advance.

My unrestricted free night was awarded about a month ago but I have not seen a single night available and I have been checking quite regularly. Did you just see an available date appear in December? Was there only one, or more? I am wondering if I am missing something but it's encouraging to see some award(s) were available that far out as I am looking for February 2020 availability.
You can try emailing the hotel and ask how far out they open availability, or if any award nights in February 2020 have been booked yet.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:56 am
h2d

My booking was for December 2019 - completed last week using a cert and no points availability was showing. As I no longer have the cert I can't share a screenshot unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.