Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
It hasn't been free for check in/out for years. I guaranteee that you will be charged. The cost is about $25 per person. It's only free in the morning and early afternoon. The free shuttle is NOT for check in/out regardless of time. If you are unsure of the answer you are given here, just email the hotel and ask them.
Ditto. They know people need to get on the Motu somehow and off - they tell you upfront your charged a roundtrip if coming from Le Moana - and the in-between trips are free (if before 2pm).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:04 am

Has anyone done the full board at Thalasso? Is it a good deal, for anyone just planing on staying at the muto? Or will it be a better deal doing the breakfast at 50% off, and then just take lunch and dinner as it comes?.
Having 2 days at LeMoana before Thalasso, we plan on just having a full relaxation at Thalasso, with no transfer over to main island, as we do BB during those LeMoana days.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:01 pm

Thanks for the answers. For me it's just nonsense to charge this ferry since u have no other way to get there, if I was paying full rate and not in points I would never stay in a hotel like this.
If a family is going there, lets supose a couple and 3 kids, the total on transfer would be almost a half of a night, considering you are taking the le moana ferry. I heard that airport direct ferry to the thalasso is away expensive.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by tomrabelo
Thanks for the answers. For me it's just nonsense to charge this ferry since u have no other way to get there, if I was paying full rate and not in points I would never stay in a hotel like this.
If a family is going there, lets supose a couple and 3 kids, the total on transfer would be almost a half of a night, considering you are taking the le moana ferry. I heard that airport direct ferry to the thalasso is away expensive.
The Thalasso cost is the cheapest of all the resorts when using the Le Moanna shuttle. I you are staying at Meridien, Four Seasons, or St Regis - you're probably paying $500 roundtrip easily from the airport to the hotel.

Also you're not in Hawaii - there's a reason they can charge these prices and why people continue to pay them.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by tomrabelo
If you are complaining about this, wait till you see the food and drink prices. $30 for a burger and fries. $8 for a beer, etc.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Ditto. They know people need to get on the Motu somehow and off - they tell you upfront your charged a roundtrip if coming from Le Moana - and the in-between trips are free (if before 2pm).
I do believe you get free transfer back and forth from LeMoana if you purchase a spa service at Thalasso. Not real relevant on the Thalasso thread, but might explain the confusion as to why some say it is free.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!

If you are complaining about this, wait till you see the food and drink prices. $30 for a burger and fries. $8 for a beer, etc.
We recently went out to an expensive dinner (or so I thought) - and I looked the bill and then remembered how much our tabs were at Thalasso lol.
cuthroat and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Roxman
Has anyone done the full board at Thalasso? Is it a good deal, for anyone just planing on staying at the muto? Or will it be a better deal doing the breakfast at 50% off, and then just take lunch and dinner as it comes?.
Having 2 days at LeMoana before Thalasso, we plan on just having a full relaxation at Thalasso, with no transfer over to main island, as we do BB during those LeMoana days.
Really depends on how much you eat.

We would never get the full board or 1/2 board, at the rates they charge, to make financial sense for our family. We do the 50% breakfast. We typically eat near the end of the breakfast time (not early risers on vacation) and grab a few snacks (yogurt, fruit, muffins) at the buffert to eat later in the day. Then just pay for dinner. Or we eat a late lunch and no dinner. But if you are a family that needs three full meals a day it may make sense.

This next piece of information I provide to the group with a request, PLEASE DO NOT DEMAND THIS if your results are not the same as mine.

The RULE to the 50% breakfast is you need to commit to paying every day of your stay. In PRACTICE I have not found this to be the case. We occasionally miss a day here or there on IHG stays. When we check out they usually have the breakfast charges, for the days we did eat, already reduced by 50%. If they don’t I just remind them of the 50% deal and they appologize they did not catch it any make the adjustment. I have never had them deny me the discount because of a missed day. I am Ambassador Spire, so that may play in to my success with this?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:30 pm

not sure, seems like there lots of phantom dates in december
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:31 pm

.....na..

Last edited by beagleflyer1977; Aug 23, 2018 at 9:40 pm Reason: ..
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:32 am

Not questioning your experience Traveler Dave, but at least at Thalasso they do take the effort to have you confirm in writing, by signing for the 50% breakfast offer when taken all days.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by 336
Not questioning your experience Traveler Dave, but at least at Thalasso they do take the effort to have you confirm in writing, by signing for the 50% breakfast offer when taken all days.
....I also sign the offer at check-in.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but we engage with every person we interact with when we stay. Ask how they are doing. Compliment them in some way. We are American, so we tip. In short, create a connection. Not specific to the breakfast deal, we have found that gets us many “perks” others do not. We also get to hear interesting things about that person, the area we are staying and the hotel. That also helps to enhance our vacation experience.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Aug 24, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Not sure if it makes any difference, but we engage with every person we interact with when we stay. Ask how they are doing. Compliment them in some way. We are American, so we tip. In short, create a connection. Not specific to the breakfast deal, we have found that gets us many “perks” others do not. We also get to hear interesting things about that person, the area we are staying and the hotel. That also helps to enhance our vacation experience.
This, every time every place. My friends refer to it as my charm, lol.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:48 pm

Some thoughts on Conrad vs. Thalasso

A fellow TA member emailed me about my last trip for a report. Thought I would share it here....

Now that we have been home a bit I have time to digest this years trip VS. last year.

Last year we did (don't recall the exact day count at each) :
IHG Tahiti
IHG Moorea
IHG Thalasso

This year we did:
IHG Tahiti - Overnight stay
Hilton Moorea - 1 day
Catamaran Charter - 6 days
IHG Le Moana - 4 days
Conrad BB - 5 days
IHG Tahiti - Overnight stay

Quick thing to get out of the way, we would never book Hilton Moorea again. We tried it for something different. But we like the IHG Moorea SO MUCH more.

I think we would do Thalasso for 4 days and Conrad for 5 next trip. The main reason would be to take advantage of the free night awards booking for each.

My wife really liked the smaller feel of Thalasso, and the Spa is hands down better at Thalasso. We enjoyed the massages the same, but the overall experience of the Spa at Thalasso can't be beat. I know people talk about the views from the rooms a lot. I do like a great view, but that is not huge on our list. But our Royal Conrad room (Room 107) hands down killed it over our Premium Overwater Villa at Thalasso. We did pay more for the upgrade at Conrad, but it was well worth it. We would pay for that upgrade again. When we go back to Thalasso we will only upgrade to the "basic" overwater Pool Villa.

One huge advantage Thalasso has over Conrad is all their rooms are OW as you know. So every reward night is OW. Conrad has many "hotel" rooms they use first. The space of the Thalasso rooms is also a big plus for us. We travelled there with our 8 year old at the time. Having a separate living space (AKA her bedroom) and our bedroom is very nice! Our daughter loved the glass-bottom coffee table. We left the light on at night. Best "nightlight" ever. You can only get that extra space at Conrad if you upgrade to the Royal or Presidential. Worth is to us, but the cost might not thrill others.

Free breakfast at Conrad over 50% off at IHG is nice. But not a deciding factor for us on where would stay. Especially since our daughter wanted pancakes every day for an add-on charge of $12.00 at the Conrad. Not extra at IHG.

We love to snorkel. Conrad hands down wins here. If/when we go back to Thalasso I would not even bother taking my snorkel gear out of my bag. But we snorkeled every day from Conrad.

So both places have plus and "minus" features. Nothing is really a minus though at either place.

Anything else you want my thoughts on please let me know.
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Aug 24, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:02 pm

Surprised on your take on Hilton Moorea. We really enjoyed the Hilton Moorea - especially that outdoor crepe restaurant! We didn't try the IHG Moorea though - so can't compare. How did you like the Catamaran Charter? What company?

Next trip I want to stop at an atoll - Fakarava for a day or two. And some day do the Marqueseas 2 week cruise - that would be an expedition!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.