Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:52 pm

Ymmv

Stayed 7 nights on points in December. Earned points for food&beverages. Not for the spa.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by 336
Ymmv

Stayed 7 nights on points in December. Earned points for food&beverages. Not for the spa.
Also received points for an award stay in early April but not until I submitted a claim. Didn’t incur spend at spa. Received more points than I was entitled to...couldn’t figure out how # of points were determined. Identical experience at Le Moana.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Glad to hear they changed their ways after my stay in '16. I also submitted claims and complained and got no where at that time. I did receive 'spending' points on award stays there in prior years. Maybe I brought some needed attention at that time to the problem and someone higher up made the change back to the way it should be. Very glad to hear you both got points on spend (besides spa) on award stays in recent times. They, nor IHG, would budge when I made my claim. That was the only time I had a problem with IHG or the Pacific Beachcomber owned properties in FP.

Now I have to submit a claim for my spending at the Conrad. Grrrr! What's up with these properties? Had no trouble with the Hilton Moorea, which is now owned by a Chinese investment group. They made some great changes there, just some nice added amenities, but notable.

Last edited by Churnman; Aug 6, 2018 at 7:30 am
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Churnman
I've stayed at both properties, been to most of the resorts in BB. Just got back from BB, but stayed at the Conrad. Also hired a private boat and captain to visit most properties to see their condition so I could evaluate for future stays for us and others. .
So apart from point issues, which is the best property in BB? What's the outcome of your evaluation?
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Has anyone stayed here or another points hotel in FP with 3 adults? Looks like reward night only allows 2 adults, even though the room states max occupancy of 3 or 4 people. Any advice?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by DUflyer
So apart from point issues, which is the best property in BB? What's the outcome of your evaluation?
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It depends on what a client wants. If they want that postcard direct view of the mountain, then the Thalasso has it. If they want a daily butler, then St. Regis or Four Seasons. If they want great snorkeling right from their bungalow then the Conrad. However, because of coming renovations to some resorts, that has to be monitored to see when and where. I personally find enjoyment in different views, places and bungalows. We enjoyed in the past a beach bungalow at Le Moana, but some might not care to look out at the overwaters. It also depends on a person's taste in food, service, culture (where they are from and what they expect). I heard many BB residents say the Conrad is now the best due to the multi-million dollar reconstruction, but if a couple is wanting the direct view of the mainland (Mt. Otemanu), then they'll want the other side where the resorts are on sand motus. In that case, many give up the great snorkeling from your bungalow because they're already going on excursions. If we go back to BB, I'd probably stay at the Conrad because I like the new bungalows and the mountain top spa. To me, it's like having the nice bungalows of the Thalasso, but where we can find good snorkeling, plus the food was surprisingly good as well as the service. In the end, it depends on points or great deals where we go and if we were treated right in regards to loyalty. There are some little improvements the Conrad can make that aren't that expensive for them such as making sure simple things like Coke cans are available at the gift shop (didn't see any). Not everyone goes into town to the grocery store to bring back beverages and if you're there a while, even if you do, who can carry a lot back? We did bring waters and such back (we received 2 waters per day in the room, but that's not enough for us). Also, they should place the softer toilet paper in all rooms, not just OW pool rooms. We saw deluxe rooms over a week and they placed cheap rolls in those while our pool room had the better quality. Sounds picky, but makes a difference especially for some people. And, they should place 4 free beverages in your fridge per day like the Hilton Moorea now does. I realize most of the BB properties don't do that, but that was a nice touch by the new owners of the Moorea property, but of course you pay for it in the upgrade costs. If a person has IHG points then of course the Thalasso is fine now that the construction noise if over. The new and very large end of pontoon OW villas at the Thalasso are incredible and have the perfect view of the mountain, but even their other direct view bungalows are nice, but plan on snorkeling on excursions. Although, have seen lots of Eagle rays and other rays there as well as Picassos (small colorful triggerfish). They have a fun ray feeding each day at the beach and the rays know exactly what time to show up. Each resort has it's own charms, but some are in need of refurb due to elements. I've always slept well at IHG properties in FP and that's a huge plus. If a place has brand new construction, yet puts in mushy cheap mattresses I won't go.

Went outside the reef to snorkel a great spot we've never been before, but we had a private boat. Same captain a certain movie star hired the week before us. We knew him from a previous trip and he is excellent with those who've never snorkeled before and those afraid. We had guests with us that needed that kind of attention and care.

Maybe next visit we'll head to the atolls. Would love to see Napoleons before they are fished (hunted) to extinction.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:34 am

Going from Thalasso to Conrad, is this a good way (after reviewing post #3065 ):

1. Free boat to Le Moana (on day of departure)
2. Taxi to Vaitape pier : ~$25
3. Take the cheap Conrad boat : ~$20 pp

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Going from Thalasso to Conrad, is this a good way (after reviewing post #3065 ):

Thanks.
Yes, this is the cheapest route. Just know that there is a fee to transfer to the Moana on your departure. Cost is about $30 pp. I also think the fee to go to the Conrad is about $8 pp.

Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!

Yes, this is the cheapest route. Just know that there is a fee to transfer to the Moana on your departure. Cost is about $30 pp. I also think the fee to go to the Conrad is about $8 pp.

Thalasso charges for the round-trip at check-in- they assume you'll need to get off the Motu eventually.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Thalasso charges for the round-trip at check-in- they assume you'll need to get off the Motu eventually.
We always take the Thalasso directly to the airport due to convienance and how much you will be traveling to get home.

Last edited by Corridor!; Aug 9, 2018 at 6:03 pm
Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:45 am

Thanks.
Quite the circuitous route. I'd hire a private boat.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Do you know what's the cost RT?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:44 pm

See wiki
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:19 pm

See my post from earlier today.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Quite the circuitous route. I'd hire a private boat.
Disagree - we transferred this exact way to Conrad from Thalasso. Not a bad way to save $200 and pick up a few items in town before heading to Conrad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.