Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Carl, do you really don't think that a lot of people make speculative bookings? I'm not saying people book random days they know they can't go, but I do think people hold rooms "just in case". We have lots of people doing that here.
I have no trip planned but like to read this thread becuase one day I willl like to plan a trip and I see that a lot. Some people, in the last month even, have booked just so they have barter nights for when they want. So yes, i agree with you, lots of people do that here.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
In January, we spent 2 nights Thalasso, 1 night Moana, 5 nights Thalasso.

As we approached our stay, the calendar showed blue days for some of the nights that we had booked with points months prior.

So, yes, more than one room can be offered up for points. It may be only one initially, however, but as the year goes by, leading up to that stay, more may open up. In fact, I secured 2 of those Thalasso nights in the month before our stay (1 3-4 weeks, 1 1.5 weeks) Switched nights from Moana to Thalasso.

In fact, I held for a moment 2 rooms at the Thalasso for about an hour about a week prior to arrival. My chase free night was deposited into my account and my wife's account. I booked the free night to replace a points booking. Once complete, canceled my points book to reclaim points. Did that for both my wife an I.

My strategy for 2017 is booking the Moana, and looking for nights at the Thalasso in close. The only problem is, I have 5 nights at the Moana booked at 50k, and if a night opens at the thalasso then it will cost 60k :-(

And for all you people suggesting there be a no refund policy ... that is ridiculous.

You make a false assumption and in return suggest a solution that doesn't address the issue.

You falsely assume there are lots of speculative bookings because you aren't successful in getting a reward night. When they release 1 night and it seems the whole world travel community is trying to book it, then of course, it is going to be difficult to get the night. The Thalasso is opening up extra nights for points that weren't sold in close to booking. That doesn't mean they were available previously.
Carl - You may not believe that, but but whether there are a lot or a few, speculative bookings exists. Just go to other posts in this thread or comments at blogs to see people who say they booked Thalasso but are releasing it after holding it for a long time. To be clear, I was suggesting a no refund policy after certain days, not a strict "no refund the minute you book" policy (though that may make no difference to you). What you did (holding for short time) is completely reasonable and I don't think anyone would think otherwise. That would ensure rooms get released more often, and not only when Thalasso opens up unsold nights for points. Having some sort of no refund policy helps ensure that only people who are very committed to it would book the room and not hold on to it for an extended period of time. I may still not get the rooms competing with other "committed" folks, and that's fine
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:10 pm
Suspended

I know for certain that some people make speculative bookings. How many is uncertain but it is fact that it happens. I see people posting here on the thread about them releasing nights all the dang time so clearly folks are booking a "what if" vacation. The problem here is that those nights go back into the pile, they may be released, they may not. But the ones that are released back into award inventory are released at random and that means some any random, unprepared person can simply be looking at the award chart, see the nights now available, and book. This lucky person is NOT more deserving that someone who woke up at midnight, at the max time out, trying to book a night for a trip they were certain to take.

That's my position. I'm 100% committed to it. And nothing will ever change my POV on this. Of course, in the end, IHG could give a good damn what I think so it matters not.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:36 pm

60k at Thalasso?

When did they raise their points? I'm so bummed to have missed booking ahead of time.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by spellbound2
When did they raise their points?
To make it harder to redeem.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
My chase free night was deposited into my account and my wife's account. I booked the free night to replace a points booking. Once complete, canceled my points book to reclaim points. Did that for both my wife an I.
When you get the free night, can you book Thalasso as long as they have an available night or does it have to be a "reward" night available? My wife and I get our first free nights coming in May and my thought will be to book Thalasso in Oct/Nov and then hope to fill in more nights with our points.

And for all you people suggesting there be a no refund policy ... that is ridiculous.

You make a false assumption and in return suggest a solution that doesn't address the issue.

You falsely assume there are lots of speculative bookings because you aren't successful in getting a reward night. When they release 1 night and it seems the whole world travel community is trying to book it, then of course, it is going to be difficult to get the night. The Thalasso is opening up extra nights for points that weren't sold in close to booking. That doesn't mean they were available previously.
Look no further than this thread to see how many people booked nights and then release them late as they hope to trade with someone. From what I have heard from some, when people release them there is no guarantee they'll go back into the pool and you can't time it perfectly so it hurts everyone trying to book an actual vacation at that time.

Also, I think people are saying you have to release them by a certain point and then no refund if not. Not across the board. A good rule would be somewhere around 60-90 days before check in. There are people who hold until the week before and release. That's bull. Your example is small and you were actually using your points to stay.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
When did they raise their points? I'm so bummed to have missed booking ahead of time.
I think it was Feb 17th when they raised them. I hope it helps me book, I have enough to cover 60k the same way I did 50k.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Sho Nuff
I think it was Feb 17th when they raised them. I hope it helps me book, I have enough to cover 60k the same way I did 50k.
Thanks for your reply. Did they give some type of notice it was going up? Did others go up as well? I'd like to book some awards if there's any type of notice that other properties may increase redemption amounts.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:00 pm

Thanks for your reply. Did they give some type of notice it was going up? Did others go up as well? I'd like to book some awards if there's any type of notice that other properties may increase redemption amounts.
IHG did give notice before the recent changes. There shouldn't me any changes in the near future.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:11 pm

See this thread:

Feb 17 2016 Reward Night Points Changes
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
thanks. i totally missed this so at least I'll get going before more changes roll through.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Any Tips?

Hi All,

We're fortunate enough to be heading to The IC BB in April for what we're hoping will be a dream vacation (I travel a lot and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a trip!) so I just wanted to find out if you guys had any specific tips to help the vacation go as smoothly as possible. Here are a few thoughts/questions I've have but, if anyone can think of anything we should do or see please chime in as all advice is super welcome:

1) The stay was booked with points and I'm considering purchasing Ambassador status to see if that can help with an upgrade to a Sapphire suite - I've seen some people mention that you stand a better chance of an upgrade if you purchase status at the resort, does this still hold true?

2) We're probably going to pre-purchase the Breakfast option as mentioned in the wiki - we're unlikely to be taking breakfast away from the resort so may as well save...right? Any reason not to?

3) For those who've visited the IC BB: how often did you find yourselves eating out? We're more than happy to venture out in the evenings but are equally aware how lazy one can get when in such an idyllic location. Is there a risk of finding yourselves eating in a lot more than expected...which would tun make something like the half-board map plan a good idea?

4) Any suggestions for "must see" activities/sights. We're happy to do a bit of walking, we're reasonably fit (although I could do with losing a few lbs!) and we love the water and seeing local life.

5) At the risk of sounding like Donald Rumsfeld, theres a definite case of "we don't know what we don't know so, if anyone who's visited has any suggestions they think would be useful, please let me know

Thanks!

Stripy
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Stripy
Hi All,

We're fortunate enough to be heading to The IC BB in April for what we're hoping will be a dream vacation (I travel a lot and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a trip!) so I just wanted to find out if you guys had any specific tips to help the vacation go as smoothly as possible. Here are a few thoughts/questions I've have but, if anyone can think of anything we should do or see please chime in as all advice is super welcome:

1) The stay was booked with points and I'm considering purchasing Ambassador status to see if that can help with an upgrade to a Sapphire suite - I've seen some people mention that you stand a better chance of an upgrade if you purchase status at the resort, does this still hold true?

2) We're probably going to pre-purchase the Breakfast option as mentioned in the wiki - we're unlikely to be taking breakfast away from the resort so may as well save...right? Any reason not to?

3) For those who've visited the IC BB: how often did you find yourselves eating out? We're more than happy to venture out in the evenings but are equally aware how lazy one can get when in such an idyllic location. Is there a risk of finding yourselves eating in a lot more than expected...which would tun make something like the half-board map plan a good idea?

4) Any suggestions for "must see" activities/sights. We're happy to do a bit of walking, we're reasonably fit (although I could do with losing a few lbs!) and we love the water and seeing local life.

5) At the risk of sounding like Donald Rumsfeld, theres a definite case of "we don't know what we don't know so, if anyone who's visited has any suggestions they think would be useful, please let me know

Thanks!

Stripy
1. I don't think it'll make a difference, but it might depend on capacity at the hotel. Maybe others can chime in.

2. Do not pre-purchase the breakfast. IC gives you a 50% off rate at check in.

3. We never left the resort for food. You're more likely to step out for lunch rather than dinner. The only reason to step out if you were having dinner a specific restaurant and they were picking you up. Otherwise it's really not worth the hassle of taking the shuttle, but that's up to you. If you're doing activities they can drop you off on the main island but that'll be lunch. Not sure if half board makes sense.

4. Pure Snorkeling with Reef Discovery or ray and shark feeding and motu lunch with moana tours (they have a private motu where the view is ridiculous). Rent a scooter and hike up to all the cell tower/canon locations or do a 4x4 tour. Grab some wine and chill on the deck with you SO. You can look into hiking as well if interested. Stay up late (if you can) to the moonlight changing the color of the lagoon. It is surreal.

5. Be prepared to spend an hour for dinner if you leave the hotel. Food in general takes a long time to come to the table. Don't worry about little things or small lapses in service (I saw this primarily with Americans who are used to a very different level of service and got very frustrated at the slower pace of things). Obviously, I'm not saying accept sub par service, but don't let little things ruin your vacation.

Lastly, enjoy your time in Paradise and cry over the fact that every other beach vacation you take from now on will suck in comparison.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
[deleted]

Last edited by Mileometer; Feb 26, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sunshine213
1. I don't think it'll make a difference, but it might depend on capacity at the hotel. Maybe others can chime in.

2. Do not pre-purchase the breakfast. IC gives you a 50% off rate at check in.

3. We never left the resort for food. You're more likely to step out for lunch rather than dinner. The only reason to step out if you were having dinner a specific restaurant and they were picking you up. Otherwise it's really not worth the hassle of taking the shuttle, but that's up to you. If you're doing activities they can drop you off on the main island but that'll be lunch. Not sure if half board makes sense.

4. Pure Snorkeling with Reef Discovery or ray and shark feeding and motu lunch with moana tours (they have a private motu where the view is ridiculous). Rent a scooter and hike up to all the cell tower/canon locations or do a 4x4 tour. Grab some wine and chill on the deck with you SO. You can look into hiking as well if interested. Stay up late (if you can) to the moonlight changing the color of the lagoon. It is surreal.

5. Be prepared to spend an hour for dinner if you leave the hotel. Food in general takes a long time to come to the table. Don't worry about little things or small lapses in service (I saw this primarily with Americans who are used to a very different level of service and got very frustrated at the slower pace of things). Obviously, I'm not saying accept sub par service, but don't let little things ruin your vacation.

Lastly, enjoy your time in Paradise and cry over the fact that every other beach vacation you take from now on will suck in comparison.
Thanks so much for the answers, very helpful indeed. The snorkelling, hiking and chilling on the deck sound like great ideas...and we're definitely not going to sweat the small stuff, if things are slow then they're slow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.