Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Buzzman
I have a friend with a pension in the Tuamotus.. she also lives part time in Papeete... She believes that French Polynesia will not permit any foreigners until the outbreak is controlled worldwide and especially from the USA. I believe that the visit I was going to make in October is jeopardized for that reason...and that's 6 months away....
I think we will see a “lockdown” worldwide until we have a vaccine. Covid-19 is here forever. Being able to vaccinate is the only “cure” unfortunately.

TD
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
I think we will see a “lockdown” worldwide until we have a vaccine. Covid-19 is here forever. Being able to vaccinate is the only “cure” unfortunately.

TD
Yes, we're currently planning to delay our honeymoon to May 2021 and I feel like even that will be a coin flip. (May is the only time of year that works for us and avoids rainy season in Bora Bora.) We have a South Africa trip planned in January as well. I'm mentally preparing for that to get canceled...but canceling two honeymoons would be a real gut punch.

Hope you're somehow able to make your trip in July, TD.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

TD
If the world is locked down for another 18-24 months(best case time line for an untested vaccine) the least of our worries will be getting to Bora Bora...... Let's not forget that they have already determined that there is at least 30 diff strains of Covid.... (are we going to line up and take 30 shots every yr?) Also differing reports on if covid is mutating, which if it is actually mutating would make all current vaccine progress pointless.... The vaccine is not the great white horse that the media is making it out to be.
It will take some time for people to trust getting on an airplane again, but the demand will come back, maybe 1st quarter 2021?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Taxiback
If the world is locked down for another 18-24 months(best case time line for an untested vaccine) the least of our worries will be getting to Bora Bora...... Let's not forget that they have already determined that there is at least 30 diff strains of Covid.... (are we going to line up and take 30 shots every yr?) Also differing reports on if covid is mutating, which if it is actually mutating would make all current vaccine progress pointless.... The vaccine is not the great white horse that the media is making it out to be.
It will take some time for people to trust getting on an airplane again, but the demand will come back, maybe 1st quarter 2021?
The many (30?) different strains are minor differences in the virus' genetic code. There have not been major mutations yet. One single vaccine should be effective against all of those strains. This isn't similar to all the various seasonal flu strains.

My Bora Bora honeymoon was supposed to be just a few weeks ago. Our plan was to hopefully reschedule for August or September. Will probably book everything we can that can be cancelled without a penalty.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by gobears293
The many (30?) different strains are minor differences in the virus' genetic code. There have not been major mutations yet. One single vaccine should be effective against all of those strains. This isn't similar to all the various seasonal flu strains.

My Bora Bora honeymoon was supposed to be just a few weeks ago. Our plan was to hopefully reschedule for August or September. Will probably book everything we can that can be cancelled without a penalty.

We're hoping to go to this hotel in August. Have you heard anything from the hotel if you still plan on going in August? Thanks!
Old May 10, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by spellbound2
We're hoping to go to this hotel in August. Have you heard anything from the hotel if you still plan on going in August? Thanks!
My Polynesian friends have told me that the country will not open to tourists until things are stable in countries where the bulk of the tourists come from and they think that won't be until fall.
Old May 14, 2020, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman
My Polynesian friends have told me that the country will not open to tourists until things are stable in countries where the bulk of the tourists come from and they think that won't be until fall.
Thank you- we noticed United and Air Tahiti Nui will start flying in July so we were hoping August may work. Hope all stay safe!
Old May 14, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Haven't contacted hotels directly, but they sure as heck are still showing room availability in August. IC, Conrad and StR all seem to have their cash prices and points availability shifting every few days.

Thank you- we noticed United and Air Tahiti Nui will start flying in July so we were hoping August may work. Hope all stay safe!
Getting to PPT doesn't matter if you can't get to BOB. Air Tahiti is not selling flights (on their website) before Sept 1st.
Old May 17, 2020, 12:54 am

They may be taking reservations but it sure does not mean they are flying yet. I suggest you keep a close eye on:

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

I go down there a lot and they have been very aggressive about keeping Covid off their islands and I don't see that changing. It is for this reason that I don't think they will allow any foreign flights from destinations that still have significant numbers. I am in Spain and from what I am observing from here, the US may be opening up on a state level, but it looks like it would be a very long time before French Polynesia would allow anyone coming from the USA to their shores, based on the haphazard management of the disease in the US.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:16 am

Anyone know what's happening with Air Tahiti inventory at present? I've searched Google flights PPT - BOB every month well into 2021 but nothing showing.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Anyone know what's happening with Air Tahiti inventory at present? I've searched Google flights PPT - BOB every month well into 2021 but nothing showing.

It's in the notice mentioned above... there are not any inter island flights until further notice from the government.

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:58 pm

Smile update on international tourism as of July 15, 2020

Originally Posted by gobears293
Haven't contacted hotels directly, but they sure as heck are still showing room availability in August. IC, Conrad and StR all seem to have their cash prices and points availability shifting every few days.

Getting to PPT doesn't matter if you can't get to BOB. Air Tahiti is not selling flights (on their website) before Sept 1st.
super exciting!! https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
But is it really?

Compulsory COVID testing 72 hours prior to departure / provide medical certificate for boarding
Wearing a mask while there (recommended)
COVID testing 4 days after arrival
Regular visits from medical staff during stay (whatever that means)
If you end up with symptoms or test positive, mandatory quarantine at your own expense

That may be just fine for some, but I'lll wait for a vaccine before undertaking that trip.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
But is it really?

Compulsory COVID testing 72 hours prior to departure / provide medical certificate for boarding
Wearing a mask while there (recommended)
COVID testing 4 days after arrival
Regular visits from medical staff during stay (whatever that means)
If you end up with symptoms or test positive, mandatory quarantine at your own expense

That may be just fine for some, but I'lll wait for a vaccine before undertaking that trip.
Sounds like the Bucket List trip of a lifetime!

TP
Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:35 am

Yes... surprises me... but they have some rather stringent conditions to fly... a test: Compulsory COVID-19 (RT-PCR) test 72 hours before the departure to French Polynesia, which is ok by me..

I will be there diving on my birthday in October...!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.