Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Stripy
Thanks so much for the answers, very helpful indeed. The snorkelling, hiking and chilling on the deck sound like great ideas...and we're definitely not going to sweat the small stuff, if things are slow then they're slow
I have found the Jet ski tour around the lagoon to be totally out of this world if jet skis are your thing. Again with Moana tours.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:27 am

5) At the risk of sounding like Donald Rumsfeld, theres a definite case of "we don't know what we don't know so, if anyone who's visited has any suggestions they think would be useful, please let me know
You can bring in two liters of duty-free alcohol per person. If you plan to drink, use it.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Hi All,

We're fortunate enough to be heading to The IC BB in April for what we're hoping will be a dream vacation (I travel a lot and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a trip!) so I just wanted to find out if you guys had any specific tips to help the vacation go as smoothly as possible. Here are a few thoughts/questions I've have but, if anyone can think of anything we should do or see please chime in as all advice is super welcome:

1) The stay was booked with points and I'm considering purchasing Ambassador status to see if that can help with an upgrade to a Sapphire suite - I've seen some people mention that you stand a better chance of an upgrade if you purchase status at the resort, does this still hold true?

2) We're probably going to pre-purchase the Breakfast option as mentioned in the wiki - we're unlikely to be taking breakfast away from the resort so may as well save...right? Any reason not to?

3) For those who've visited the IC BB: how often did you find yourselves eating out? We're more than happy to venture out in the evenings but are equally aware how lazy one can get when in such an idyllic location. Is there a risk of finding yourselves eating in a lot more than expected...which would tun make something like the half-board map plan a good idea?

4) Any suggestions for "must see" activities/sights. We're happy to do a bit of walking, we're reasonably fit (although I could do with losing a few lbs!) and we love the water and seeing local life.

5) At the risk of sounding like Donald Rumsfeld, theres a definite case of "we don't know what we don't know so, if anyone who's visited has any suggestions they think would be useful, please let me know

Thanks!

Stripy
Some info: we stayed 2 nights thalasso, 1 night moana, 5 nights thalasso in January.

1) YES, purchase ambassador status. It helped in many slight ways. The first 2 nights we were not upgraded but the last 5 nights we were upgraded to the furthest out Sapphire level room. When we showed up, they had the 2 night+5 nights all together in a portfolio to review with us (I had pre communicated that were going to Moana). We purchased the breakfast on checkin at the promotional 50% off rate and it was so worth it. Additionally, there was a separate seating area/checkin area for the ambassador members (We were the only ones of 5-6 couples) and were serviced first with extra attention and juices etc.

2) see #1
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:47 am

I've been searching through the thread, what has people's experience been that were not granted a late check out?

We'll be there in June, so I'm not hopeful, but I did read a recent post, so that's positive. Regardless, I'm sort of leaning towards not chancing it and just taking the earlier flight back to PPT.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:54 pm
Suspended

late check out for whom? If you're an ambassador, I believe they're obligated to give you the 4pm checkout. I received a list of benefits direct from IC for ambassadors and the 4pm checkout was listed without mention of "dependent on availability."

On another matter, I've got a private lagoon tour booked for one of my days. My concern is whether it rains that day. I'll get a refund but I'd be concerned that at that point I wouldn't be able to see the rays or dive with sharks. Any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking about booking a jetski tour with moana on another day to try and make sure I get 1 private tour for certain though I guess nothing is certain except for death and taxes.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix
I've been searching through the thread, what has people's experience been that were not granted a late check out?

We'll be there in June, so I'm not hopeful, but I did read a recent post, so that's positive. Regardless, I'm sort of leaning towards not chancing it and just taking the earlier flight back to PPT.
I was there last June and was granted 4pm checkout. Didn't even have to ask. I'm Plat AMB.
If I were you, I wouldn't do an early flight just because you're worried about not getting late checkout. Worst case, you have front desk hold luggage while you lounge around.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:21 pm

Absolutely, don't fly to PPT early, that's pretty stupid.
BTW, book your domestic flight early, there is only a few direct
BOB-PPT flight and they do sell out.

We always book the last flight of the day before the overnight
PPT-LAX flight and still have enough time for a nice dinner
at Interconti Tahiti.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Absolutely, don't fly to PPT early, that's pretty stupid.
BTW, book your domestic flight early, there is only a few direct
BOB-PPT flight and they do sell out.

We always book the last flight of the day before the overnight
PPT-LAX flight and still have enough time for a nice dinner
at Interconti Tahiti.
Agreed on all counts!! Got the direct 6:55pm flight from BOB-PPT, stay at the IC tahiti for a night before the morning AF flight out.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Agreed on all counts!! Got the direct 6:55pm flight from BOB-PPT, stay at the IC tahiti for a night before the morning AF flight out.
Any cheap way to book these flights?
Priced around €320,- rt each ....
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marco159
Any cheap way to book these flights?
Priced around €320,- rt each ....
No the best you could do is: 1) Get a Barclay Arrival card and buy these tickets with your bonus or 2) get a Citi Prestige and use your $250 annual airfare credit to book them. If you get the Prestige in November, you could buy one ticket this year and then in Jan 2017 buy the other ticket.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix

We were there last Oct and did not get late checkout. They give you the use of their day rooms so you can just stick all your luggage in there and chill out at the hotel until it is time to leave (at least that's what we did). You can confirm this with them when you get there. We just have the cc and Plat. No AMB.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982

On another matter, I've got a private lagoon tour booked for one of my days. My concern is whether it rains that day. I'll get a refund but I'd be concerned that at that point I wouldn't be able to see the rays or dive with sharks. Any thoughts on this?

I'm thinking about booking a jetski tour with moana on another day to try and make sure I get 1 private tour for certain though I guess nothing is certain except for death and taxes.
I would recommend rebooking over a refund. Most operators are usually pretty good about rebooking- same thing happened to us (rainy cloudy day) and were able to rebook to the next day over email. That being said we rebooked for the 4x4 and the motu lunch not the lagoon tour but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to fit you in.

And I HIGHLY recommend rebooking if the day looks cloudy/rainy. The lagoon has no color on these days and looks depressingly gray.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunshine213
I would recommend rebooking over a refund. Most operators are usually pretty good about rebooking- same thing happened to us (rainy cloudy day) and were able to rebook to the next day over email. That being said we rebooked for the 4x4 and the motu lunch not the lagoon tour but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to fit you in.

And I HIGHLY recommend rebooking if the day looks cloudy/rainy. The lagoon has no color on these days and looks depressingly gray.
Oh ya I'd rebook for sure. The only issue is if they'd be available on my remaining days, hopefully so.

On another matter, can I remove the ability to charge to the room? My GF has a spending habit and I need to make sure she doesn't charge $2,000 worth of massages.

Last edited by TMM1982; Mar 1, 2016 at 7:05 am
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:13 pm

Award nights?

These used to always come available at 330 days out
I see nothing that far out now ...
Anyone have ideas or awards they wanna dump for nov/dec/jan ?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF
Anyone have ideas or awards they wanna dump for nov/dec/jan ?
This is really the worse time to be in Bora Bora unless you are into dark grey colours and wet weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.