Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nas6034
1)I can take the metro into the city-center and walk around; How far is the night-life area from the city-center??
The Copenhagen Metro has two lines. It takes only 23 minutes to travel through the entire system.

Ørestad station, which is 150 meters far from CP Copenhagen, is only 5-7 stations from city centre (less than 15 minutes ride).

Since 16/3 2009 the Metro runs all night all week.

timetable of the metro

2)i want to check out that mall they have across the hotel as apparently it will be open on the sunday we depart.
Fields shopping centre is 5 minutes walk from the CP Copenhagen.

Fields is Scandinavia´s largest shopping centre with more than 140 retailers, 20 restaurants and cafes and a fitness centre.

Among stores found in Fields, are H&M, North Face, Nike, Foot Locker and a Magasin outlet.

Opening hours
Monday-Friday: 10am - 8pm
Saturdays: 10am - 5pm
Shopping Sundays: 10am – 5pm (Only the first Sunday in each month)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The Copenhagen Metro has two lines. It takes only 23 minutes to travel through the entire system.

Ørestad station, which is 150 meters far from CP Copenhagen, is only 5-7 stations from city centre (less than 15 minutes ride).

Since 16/3 2009 the Metro runs all night all week.

timetable of the metro

Fields shopping centre is 5 minutes walk from the CP Copenhagen.

Fields is Scandinavia´s largest shopping centre with more than 140 retailers, 20 restaurants and cafes and a fitness centre.

Among stores found in Fields, are H&M, North Face, Nike, Foot Locker and a Magasin outlet.

Opening hours
Monday-Friday: 10am - 8pm
Saturdays: 10am - 5pm
Shopping Sundays: 10am – 5pm (Only the first Sunday in each month)
According to page 7 on this link http://www.e-pages.dk/fieldsdk/5/
It says open first and LAST sunday of every month. Can you provide your source that says only open first Sunday of every month?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
According to page 7 on this link http://www.e-pages.dk/fieldsdk/5/
It says open first and LAST sunday of every month. Can you provide your source that says only open first Sunday of every month?
There might be some recent change. Most shops in Copenhagen are open the first Sunday of each month.

As the information you get is from Fields official site, there is no reason to believe it is not accurate.

By the way, I am not quite sure that Fields is anything but the kind of boring mall you can find anywhere in the world.

If you are looking for something more interesting, you should go to the boutique of the Danish Museum of Art & Design, which is open Tuesday to Sunday, from 11 am to 5 pm.

Illums Bolighus (great department store), Designer Zoo (design shop) and Royal Copenhagen are to be visited too.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG
By the way, I am not quite sure that Fields is anything but the kind of boring mall you can find anywhere in the world.

+ 1. Fields is rubbish.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by turner32

+ 1. Fields is rubbish.
Field's is 95% chain stores, yes. However, 20 metres to the left hand side from the main entrance you will find two small specialty shops: Kjærstrup Chocolate (artisanal chocolate products incl. a microbrewed beer based on chocolate) and Oil&Vinegar (spices, oils, vinegars, gift packs and one very rare but very good microbrewed beer from a farm brewery and vinyard in Jutland: Ugelris).

Those two shops stand out from the uninspiring mass of chain stores dominating the rest of the shopping centre.

Also, KREA and Panduro Hobby a bit further into the centre on the same side may be worthwhile even if they're part of small Danish chains (of 3 and 16 shops respectively). The former offers intelligent, challenging and rustic toys for children made mostly of wood and fabric while the latter features materiales, tools and accessories for creative endeavours like patchwork, quilting, sewing, making collages and so forth.

Last edited by sploff; Mar 2, 2011 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:49 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by sploff
Field's is 95% chain stores, yes. However, 20 metres to the left hand side from the main entrance you will find two small specialty shops: Kjærstrup Chocolate (artisanal chocolate products incl. a microbrewed beer based on chocolate) and Oil&Vinegar (spices, oils, vinegars, gift packs and one very rare but very good microbrewed beer from a farm brewery and vinyard in Jutland: Ugelris).

Those two shops stand out from the uninspiring mass of chain stores dominating the rest of the shopping centre.

Also, KREA and Panduro Hobby a bit further into the centre on the same side may be worthwhile even if they're part of small Danish chains (of 3 and 16 shops respectively). The former offers intelligent, challenging and rustic toys for children made mostly of wood and fabric while the latter features materiales, tools and accessories for creative endeavours like patchwork, quilting, sewing, making collages and so forth.
Welcome on FT, sploff !! ^
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by sploff
However, 20 metres to the left hand side from the main entrance you will find two small specialty shops: Kjærstrup Chocolate (artisanal chocolate products incl. a microbrewed beer based on chocolate) and Oil&Vinegar (spices, oils, vinegars, gift packs and one very rare but very good microbrewed beer from a farm brewery and vinyard in Jutland: Ugelris).

Thanks very much for his heads up, these sound great, we will be at CP in May
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

selection of shopping addresses in Copenhagen
Old Mar 4, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
I am stayiing here in two weeks. I read thru this thread and as a platinim I should expect the following things...A room upgrade...free shuttle service to and from airport...free wi fi....lounge access...welcome amenity. Am I correct on this? Also is there any free breakfast, either in the louge or dining areas? Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by stinkycop
I am stayiing here in two weeks. I read thru this thread and as a platinim I should expect the following things...A room upgrade...free shuttle service to and from airport...free wi fi....lounge access...welcome amenity. Am I correct on this? Also is there any free breakfast, either in the louge or dining areas? Thanks
Correct.

Breakfast is in the lounge. Not as great as downstairs but decent.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Writing to you from my corner room on 22nd floor. Very impressed - bed is comfy, shower is hot, free WiFi and the complimentary bottle of wine is absolutely LOVELY!

I just wish I was here for the weekend.........
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kilted_barbarian
Very impressed - shower is hot
Some seem to be easily impressed
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Any idea if they may upgrade on a SD for a plat
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
Any idea if they may upgrade on a SD for a plat
I was......
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Some seem to be easily impressed

- perhaps you have not experienced some of the IHG properties in the UK.

Everything is cold - from the welcome to the food, with the shower in between

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.