Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:57 am

Staying at the hotel now. A little disapointed in the service. As a PLT, received club access, and bottle of wine only as welcome. Staff is cold and not helpful, room lacked spoons for coffee, soap for bath, just little things. Breakfast in lounge was fairly good spread, but as other as commented, not replenished quickly. Evening had drinks, wine, and some hard liquor, but food was 2 bowls of nuts, salmon, beef, and peppers. That was it. Overall, not bad, not good.
I did PM the manager 2 weeks before arrival, and it was completely ignored.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tinnub
Staff is cold and not helpful
I was more lucky. The staff during my stay was really friendly, smiling and helpful.

Last edited by nicolas75; Sep 3, 2010 at 1:15 am
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Had a great stay here

Just finished a three night stay (241 and 1reward night) here and we where very satisfied.
Prior to arrival I had asked regarding the ambassador benefits which do or do not apply. We where told that we have been upgraded to a deluxe room with club lounge access. good news!
we came by train from HAM and it only takes 2 stops from the city center to get to the hotel.
it seems that it is right in the middle of a new city development with a shopping mall right across from it.
we had a bottle of red wine waiting in the room, but went to the club lounge where we had nice snacks and a glass of wine.
the lounge is not very big, but has a terrace which must be great in the summer. lounge has one big tv and across the corner is a biz center which is also exclusive to club members, it seemed.
on the second evening there was some flight crew which was being a bit lound and noisy playing drinking games. it seems to be frequented by airline crews regularly.
staff was helpful and efficient. overall a very good experience.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG
Booked this hotel on 2-4-1 rate, but since i booked, the room rate has increased when i check my reservations and the rooms i booked have been jumbled up. tried to resolve things with the hotel but they insist i have booked through a third party when i actually booked through PC. Sent several e-mails to the hotel enquiring as to what had happened, and no response. Follow up e-mails and no response. Called Ambassador services who contacted the hotel and requested confirmation of booked rates, and was told that these would be forwarded to me by the hotel. Still nothing from the hotel. E-mailed Ambassador services 2 days ago who said they had forwarded the details of my complaint to the hotel, and guess what? NOTHING.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
Booked this hotel on 2-4-1 rate, but since i booked, the room rate has increased when i check my reservations and the rooms i booked have been jumbled up. tried to resolve things with the hotel but they insist i have booked through a third party when i actually booked through PC. Sent several e-mails to the hotel enquiring as to what had happened, and no response. Follow up e-mails and no response. Called Ambassador services who contacted the hotel and requested confirmation of booked rates, and was told that these would be forwarded to me by the hotel. Still nothing from the hotel. E-mailed Ambassador services 2 days ago who said they had forwarded the details of my complaint to the hotel, and guess what? NOTHING.
Thats' bad
But you must have received a confirmation email just after your booking with the correct rate
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Thats' bad
But you must have received a confirmation email just after your booking with the correct rate
I have, but i wanted to avoid all the nonsense and hassle before i arrived.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
One poster mentioned airline crews staying there. When I was there I had TG crew in the lounge, but behaving rather modestly.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
We just got back from a stay here. As a plat, was upgraded to an executive room with club access.

Hotel itself seemed very quiet and well below capacity, but was impressed by the design and cleanliness. Outside is less impressive - still seems to be building works going on infront of the hotel.

The club room exceeded my expectations - decent breakfast and drinks were put on, and adequately replenished. The room was never that busy, and if it was the staff would need to be replenishing very frequently.

No crew in the club lounge during our stay, but I did overhear a conversation about Flyer Talk! ^
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:34 pm

I was there this weekend too! Had a bit of an impromptu all-dayer in the lounge on Saturday, and drank nearly everything in there. Ill on the plane back though.....
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Cool

Our paths may well have crossed then

There certainly were a lot of empties on one table in the club room about 11pm Saturday night!! ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Can someone advise the contact email address for the hotel?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I was there recently, too and was similarly upgraded and given Club access, which unfortunately I could barely use as I had to leave very early in the morning and did not get back to the hotel from town until 1030 pm--although the lounge was closed (I could have sworn they said it was open until 11, but when I walked in the attendant told me 10, but he was kind enough to give me a glass of wine).
I thought the staff was lovely. My only complaint was the difficulty of finding the van driver (the concierge himself in my case) at the airport, as it was EXTREMELY cold.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rfrost
My only complaint was the difficulty of finding the van driver (the concierge himself in my case) at the airport, as it was EXTREMELY cold.
The hotel is very close from tge airport by metro, so maybe it is useless to take the van when check in (but pretty convenient when check out)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by rfrost
I was there recently, too and was similarly upgraded and given Club access, which unfortunately I could barely use as I had to leave very early in the morning and did not get back to the hotel from town until 1030 pm--although the lounge was closed (I could have sworn they said it was open until 11, but when I walked in the attendant told me 10, but he was kind enough to give me a glass of wine).
I thought the staff was lovely. My only complaint was the difficulty of finding the van driver (the concierge himself in my case) at the airport, as it was EXTREMELY cold.

The Sixt desk will call the hotel for the pick up, but you're very cold

I'm there now, have an Exec room, but no club access, will ask again tomorrow morning when I'm not so cold
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nicolas75
The hotel is very close from tge airport by metro, so maybe it is useless to take the van when check in (but pretty convenient when check out)
As visitors to CPH may know, there are two kinds of trains that come to CPH:

1. The Copenhagen Metro trains require going "upstairs"/up the elevator from the check-in/baggage claim level at CPH airport after exiting the baggage claim hall/customs.

2. The trains below the station's ground/street level is: in one direction, for travel to Copenhagen's main train station and other Danish towns beyond Copenhagen; and, in the other direction, for travel to Sweden.

Visitors to CPH should make sure to choose the system that makes sense for their visit, with the Metro train system being far more generally useful to get to hotels in Copenhagen unless having a hotel within walking distance of Copenhagen's main rail station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.