Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
How often does the free shuttle leave from hotel to the airport in the AM? What is the first shuttle out? Is it walkable distance to the airport with just a carry on? Early flight at 6:45 A.M
When we were there the shuttle did not operate on a schedule, but as needed. Talk to reception when you get there.

It is not far from the airport, but not walking distance.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Emirates Skywards, Lufthansa, Accor A Club, S
Originally Posted by metoo
How often does the free shuttle leave from hotel to the airport in the AM? What is the first shuttle out? Is it walkable distance to the airport with just a carry on? Early flight at 6:45 A.M
Stayed at CP last week and it was absolutely brilliant. Shuttle frequency is every 30 mins but if you need greater frequency, Orestad Metro is literally across the road from the CP and goes straight to airport. Kastrup Airport, while nice and modern, is difficult to comprehend, with an exceptionally weird system of passport control near the arrival/departure gates, which invariably results in queues. Bad logistics.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Chris Gilmour
Kastrup Airport, while nice and modern, is difficult to comprehend, with an exceptionally weird system of passport control near the arrival/departure gates, which invariably results in queues. Bad logistics.
+1
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:14 am
Suspended

Stayed at CP last week and it was absolutely brilliant. Shuttle frequency is every 30 mins but if you need greater frequency, Orestad Metro is literally across the road from the CP and goes straight to airport. Kastrup Airport, while nice and modern, is difficult to comprehend, with an exceptionally weird system of passport control near the arrival/departure gates, which invariably results in queues. Bad logistics.
AMS Schipol does this, as well, and it is weird.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The Metro DOESN'T go to the airport, but the regional train does. Make sure you go down to the train station, not the metro station.

Passport controls at CPH - do you mean the police check-point or just ID checks at security?

I think the main reason for the long queues is that there are so few counters open at a time. I think the worst about CPH is that after security you are forced to walk through all the shops in order to get to the gates.

I don't like CPH - it's my hub unfortunately. I don't like it any better just because Mr. Nacho works there.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:56 am
KRS

Originally Posted by nacho
The Metro DOESN'T go to the airport, but the regional train does. Make sure you go down to the train station, not the metro station.

Passport controls at CPH - do you mean the police check-point or just ID checks at security?

I think the main reason for the long queues is that there are so few counters open at a time. I think the worst about CPH is that after security you are forced to walk through all the shops in order to get to the gates.

I don't like CPH - it's my hub unfortunately. I don't like it any better just because Mr. Nacho works there.
To clarify: the metro also takes you to the airport, but not without changing lines at Christianshavn or Kongens Nytorv (if departing from Ørestad). However, the train is definitely the better option!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by KRS
To clarify: the metro also takes you to the airport, but not without changing lines at Christianshavn or Kongens Nytorv (if departing from Ørestad). However, the train is definitely the better option!
If you take the Metro, you need to take it back to the city centre and change train there.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:14 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I am not usually an IHG guy, but I stayed at Crowne Plaza CPH for a night recently due to a good rate and favorable reviews.

It was a very positive stay, such that I wanted to reach out to add a few notes to what is above.

First, as to transportation from the airport to the hotel. I emailed the hotel in advance. They wrote back promptly and their instructions were very clear:

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers offers complimentary shuttle service transport between Copenhagen Airport and the hotel. It operates daily from 06:00 in the morning until 23:00 in the evening.
Upon arrival at Copenhagen Airport, please collect your luggage and go through customs. Right outside, after customs, you will see the Information Desk, where you can register on our shuttle service iPad. We will then pick you up in front of Terminal 2 as soon as possible.

We will also be delighted to take you back to the airport; just let us know what time you will need to leave in advance. This you can do at the concierge desk, once you are at the hotel.
You can also contact our shuttle bus directly through our direct line to get a pick up, please call 0045 8877 6669.

Please note that our Shuttle bus has a maximum capacity of 8 persons. In case the bus is full, Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers will not cover any other transportation expenses.

We look forward to welcoming you!
The instructions were very easy to follow and all went smoothly. Actually, I don’t think that my iPad signup ended up being relevant, as the van pulled into its slot just moments after I arrived there. The return trip was smooth as well. As on the inbound, I was the only pax on the van. Prebooking upon arrival worked as designed.

The hotel overall is very clean and fresh. I had a standard room and it was spacious, comfortable, clean and well designed.

My rate did not include breakfast and I did not eat at the hotel. I did not have lounge access.

The metro station is just a stone’s throw away and an easy hop to the city center. As long as you are ok with your hotel not being right in the center of the action, do not let the location put you off. The metro makes it very easy, fast and convenient and be in the center quickly and cheaply. The front desk sells return metro tickets for 30kr (~30% discount). Just be sure to stamp in upon entry, as they use the honor system with steep fines if you are caught cheating.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful from start to finish, including the shuttle drivers, concierges, and front desk staff. They provided a map as well as activity suggestions. On checkout day, they were happy to check me out (with a credit card held) but wait for payment until I headed to the airport at night. (This enabled me to use the last of my currency on the bill.) Bag storage was easy and smooth.

There were two amenities at the hotel worth noting that I didn’t see in a quick review earlier. I only learned of each when I saw notes on the hotel channel on the tv:
  • Guests are afforded use of the DK Fitness center a few minutes away (on foot). Ask the front desk for a day pass. The facilities are comprehensive and modern. There is a sauna and swimming pool. And the facility is filled with very pretty people! Just remember to bring your own towel(s) from the hotel, or you will need to rent from the gym at a cost of 10kr per towel.

• The hotel rents “hybrid bikes” for 100kr per day. What a deal! I’ve never used such a bike before, but a quick tutorial was all I needed, and I spent the entire day on a bike just like a local. It was an easy ride into town, and very simple to navigate sites within the city all day long. I recommend a ride that includes Nyhaven, Christiania, and Norrebord (especially the adjacent cemetery --- you can ride right through it). The roads are beautifully designed for bicycles. They hybrid feature makes things a bit less strenuous. Just be mindful of the remaining battery. I rode ~50km and used the power judiciously, but had managed it down to <10% by end of day. They’ll give you a simple built-in system to lock the bike, and if you use it correctly (and take the computer each time you leave the bike), you are off the hook in case of theft. However, the city seems extremely safe in this sense – many people didn’t lock their bikes at all! I strongly urge visitors to spend a day on the bike. It is a great way to experience CPH! (And at a very fair price for this uber-expensive city)

I normally don’t review IHG hotels, but this was a real winner. Enjoy!
Old May 28, 2014, 8:14 am
Suspended

That Company Rate work in the CP CPH:
Code:
IP0MV
IPLE0
ILN1Z
IPGEC
IPN60
IPCAE
IP7BJ
IPCSC
IP8RG
IPCIS
IPSEW
IEASJ
IPCHV
IE2D5
IPADB
IL11A
IPFA7
IPHXX
IPIBM
IPIMZ
IP3IJ
IP9UR
ILSZ1
IEQQV
IP2AH
IP2UK
IPKDA
IPO1K
ILJO1
IL76E
ILQ0H
IPMBS
IPALZ
IPEDW
IPGRZ
IPGVX
IPG0I
IPG3B
ILAJ7
ILEOE
ILEZQ
ILE7A
ILHQI
ILIT6
IL082
ILPOG
ILROM
IEF0M
IESPN
IE6CN
IE9G0
IPMMM
IL8DI
IPEFA
ILR0S
ILWXX
ILJEC
ILVBJ
IETVF
ILL4B
ILZBU
ILMYR
IPYT6
IPF5A
ILF6S
ILI0M
IPLOF
IPTGV
IPDXC
IPEG5
ILNDF
ILS6B
IEFDS
IPNKW
IPNOK
IESEG
IPNPI
IPNVT
IPABC
IPHBA
IPHTS
IPIAP
IPIBT
IPJTB
IPLAP
IPTHR
IPTRB
IPTSA
IPTT1
IPTVE
IPWTT
IP2VW
IP7B6
IPAMX
IPERC
IPFCI
IPGBT
IPBCD
IPBSI
IPCCR
IPCTS
IPCUC
IPCWT
IPDER
ILRBI
ILWNI
ILXPA
ILATP
ILBVJ
ILETM
ILLEX
IL0OA
IEFI2
IE5VR
IP2UO
ILA19
IPHIT
IP4BF
IPACC
ILJHO
ILMDQ
IL0PX
IPFMN
IP6ZW
ILSP8
IL2VC
IE1AK
IPLTT
IPM40
IPBYR
ILAGR
ILDP8
ILQRI
IL5GT
IEMK1
IE4BW
ILJIL
IPTEE
ILP6P
ILZRL
IL719
IEHL6
IENH7
IPJAJ
IPXBX
IPYCT
IP1DK
IP3SK
IPAJJ
IPAZE
IPETX
ILLPA
ILPH9
ILT88
IL87I
IENIE
IEXBB
IPNP5
IPSAP
IPTEP
IP0H9
IP7S1
IPBNS
IPERI
ILGE2
ILZSA
IEAKY
IEDH9
ILXK7
ILEOO
ILMKE
IL7SK
IPSUB
IPXT5
IPZD4
IPFVF
ILKSG
ILLEV
ILR4Z
ILVJH
IL2NS
IE9TS
IL4NL
IPSGK
IP2MX
ILQU4
IPELL
IP2FO
IE79T
IPNST
IPDCL
ILLBX
ILVQF
IE8SK
IPBOE
IL42D
IL7UG
IPBMY
IPB39
IPGPB
IP5VI
ILABL
ILF97
ILNJK
IL24J
IL4LV
IL8SN
IE3C8
IPTNT
IP7FH
IPG39
IEKFR
IPLKM
IPRAY
IEA5J
IEA7U
IPENI
IPRFG
ILUP9
IPAB2
IL3VX
i book the cheapest and nobody say anything to me.
and i never would pay for the lounge the breakfast is nice but the dinner is very poor.
Old May 29, 2014, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by ToGo
That Company Rate work in the CP CPH:
Code:
IP0MV
IPLE0
ILN1Z
IPGEC
IPN60
IPCAE
IP7BJ
IPCSC
IP8RG
IPCIS
IPSEW
IEASJ
IPCHV
IE2D5i
IPADB
IL11A
IPFA7
IPHXX
IPIBM
IPIMZ
IP3IJ
IP9UR
ILSZ1
IEQQV
IP2AH
IP2UK
IPKDA
IPO1K
ILJO1
IL76E
ILQ0H
IPMBS
IPALZ
IPEDW
IPGRZ
IPGVX
IPG0I
IPG3B
ILAJ7
ILEOE
ILEZQ
ILE7A
ILHQI
ILIT6
IL082
ILPOG
ILROM
IEF0M
IESPN
IE6CN
IE9G0
IPMMM
IL8DI
IPEFA
ILR0S
ILWXX
ILJEC
ILVBJ
IETVF
ILL4B
ILZBU
ILMYR
IPYT6
IPF5A
ILF6S
ILI0M
IPLOF
IPTGV
IPDXC
IPEG5
ILNDF
ILS6B
IEFDS
IPNKW
IPNOK
IESEG
IPNPI
IPNVT
IPABC
IPHBA
IPHTS
IPIAP
IPIBT
IPJTB
IPLAP
IPTHR
IPTRB
IPTSA
IPTT1
IPTVE
IPWTT
IP2VW
IP7B6
IPAMX
IPERC
IPFCI
IPGBT
IPBCD
IPBSI
IPCCR
IPCTS
IPCUC
IPCWT
IPDER
ILRBI
ILWNI
ILXPA
ILATP
ILBVJ
ILETM
ILLEX
IL0OA
IEFI2
IE5VR
IP2UO
ILA19
IPHIT
IP4BF
IPACC
ILJHO
ILMDQ
IL0PX
IPFMN
IP6ZW
ILSP8
IL2VC
IE1AK
IPLTT
IPM40
IPBYR
ILAGR
ILDP8
ILQRI
IL5GT
IEMK1
IE4BW
ILJIL
IPTEE
ILP6P
ILZRL
IL719
IEHL6
IENH7
IPJAJ
IPXBX
IPYCT
IP1DK
IP3SK
IPAJJ
IPAZE
IPETX
ILLPA
ILPH9
ILT88
IL87I
IENIE
IEXBB
IPNP5
IPSAP
IPTEP
IP0H9
IP7S1
IPBNS
IPERI
ILGE2
ILZSA
IEAKY
IEDH9
ILXK7
ILEOO
ILMKE
IL7SK
IPSUB
IPXT5
IPZD4
IPFVF
ILKSG
ILLEV
ILR4Z
ILVJH
IL2NS
IE9TS
IL4NL
IPSGK
IP2MX
ILQU4
IPELL
IP2FO
IE79T
IPNST
IPDCL
ILLBX
ILVQF
IE8SK
IPBOE
IL42D
IL7UG
IPBMY
IPB39
IPGPB
IP5VI
ILABL
ILF97
ILNJK
IL24J
IL4LV
IL8SN
IE3C8
IPTNT
IP7FH
IPG39
IEKFR
IPLKM
IPRAY
IEA5J
IEA7U
IPENI
IPRFG
ILUP9
IPAB2
IL3VX
i book the cheapest and nobody say anything to me.
and i never would pay for the lounge the breakfast is nice but the dinner is very poor.
What are these codes for ????
Old May 29, 2014, 8:58 pm
Suspended

the are rate codes
Old May 30, 2014, 10:34 am

Anybody have a recent stay as a Platinum? I'm hoping for Club Lounge access upgrade on my upcoming stay in late June. I'm staying Friday - Monday so I'm assuming the likelihood is higher since I'm staying over the weekend with presumably lower occupancy levels. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by tringer2103
Anybody have a recent stay as a Platinum? I'm hoping for Club Lounge access upgrade on my upcoming stay in late June. I'm staying Friday - Monday so I'm assuming the likelihood is higher since I'm staying over the weekend with presumably lower occupancy levels. Thanks!
Stayed 2 weeks ago for 4 nights "free" on rewards (25,000 points/night).

On check-in was advised of upgrade to executive room plus as a platinum member either 600 points or club room access. No-brainier... opted for the club room. (Exact same happened last October on previous 4 night rewards nights stay.)

Club Room: breakfast 6am to 10am (very good choice of hot & cold buffet); 6pm to 10pm Italian-type snacks plus wines & spirits; all other times free coffee, snacks (nuts & crisps) & 2 fridges full of soft drinks, water & more importantly beers (Stella, tuborg & carlsberg)

Having club room access saved us a small fortune.... Easily several hundred £GBP

We stayed thurs. to mon. & hotel was very busy indeed.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by ToGo
the are rate codes
Where do you put the codes when booking ?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:42 pm
Suspended

oh nobody give me that option on checkin...
In the morning there are small potatoes and omlette on request!!!
i miss some salmon in on the breakfast in the restaurant...

in the evening the food is very poor. the bread/ roll is hot and fresh but that italian style thatever is not that what i want to eat in an lounge...
Where do you put the codes when booking ?
when you looking for an hotel you see that URL:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/de/de/rese...qWch=0&srb_u=1i cant descripe all setings but search for "6CBARC" and replace it with some other rate code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.