Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Fims
Actually both Crowne Plaza, Moxy, AC and Marriott are managed by the same holding company in Copenhagen. Marriott is more worn out and older than Crowne Plaza. Lounge at Marriott is bigger and with more food options. Breakfast is in the lounge only. But Marriott location is far more convenient as it is more central.
\\\

Thanks for this information, Fims. I am in Copenhagen for 4 nights only. The Marriott is "worn out and older" compared to the Crown Plaza, but has more food options. Marriott is also more $$$.Is the Marriott worth it, given its location and better food options in its lounge? My rate includes lounge access. Thank you!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by PACLipper
\\\

Thanks for this information, Fims. I am in Copenhagen for 4 nights only. The Marriott is "worn out and older" compared to the Crown Plaza, but has more food options. Marriott is also more $$$.Is the Marriott worth it, given its location and better food options in its lounge? My rate includes lounge access. Thank you!
I think it depends what you need to get done in Copenhagen..From Crowne Plaza it is easy to take metro to downtown as well. If you like swimming in the sea/river then behind the Marriott there is public place to plunge in as well, I could see from my windows. I personally am pretty OK staying at Moxy, were as Bonvoy Ambassador I have got free breakfast and welcome drinks in the past as the rest of the day I was out on business meetings or meeting with friends.

If you are 4 nights, you can also stay in more than 1 hotel and do a bit of hotel hopping.

I had a look at current prices for coming month. Marriott has increased their prices, I see compared to last September I was there. Being 2x Crowne Plaza, I would stay at Crowne Plaza. If you have Marriott Bonvoy Plat or above I would also consider Moxy, if you need to be closer, but seeing the Moxy has risen their prices as well and now almost the same as Crowne Plaza - in this situation, I would lean towards Crowne Plaza and with any money saved I could enjoy a nice meal somewhere else in the city, many restaurants have great earlybird offers ( https://www.earlybird.dk/en )
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Crowne Plaza Copenhagen = Not Quite an Airport Hotel

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Ørestads Boulevard 114-118 Copenhagen, DK 2300

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen = Not Quite an Airport Hotel (11 Photos)

I used to stay at Hilton CPH airport but since it was deflagged I have been looking for alternatives.  The AC Hotel is so-so and with the upcoming improvement to the IHG loyalty program I tried Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers for the first time.  My takeaway was that it’s not what Hilton used to be, but it beats AC in my opinion and I would return.  

Crowne Plaza can be considered an airport hotel, sort of.  It’s not that close to the airport, it used to have a shuttle bus (shared with AC Hotel) but it’s been suspended “due to covid” which is a poor excuse with all covid restrictions being lifted by now.  Anyway the manager at CP told me that the shuttle bus probably won’t return until 2023 unfortunately.  In the mean time the hotel is accessible via train; it’s only 2 stops away from the airport and is in a better location than AC Hotel because AC requires a train transfer for one more stop.  

Room

Before arrival I noticed online that CP was sold out so I did not expect any upgrade as Diamond but nonetheless I was upgraded to a premium room which is 33 sqm (versus 28 sqm for the standard rooms), so that’s a hotel where an upgrade means something rather than simply “higher floor”.  Given the circumstances, I appreciated the gesture.  

The room itself was nice and recently redone and it felt a bit higher quality than the AC Hotel nearby.  The bathroom had a stand-alone shower plus a bathtub rather than only one of them which was a plus and the bathroom also had heated floors.  One negative about the room itself was that the toilet did not flush very well but otherwise I did not have any complaints and this was a solid room.  Also I noticed housekeeping missed one mug which was quite dirty.  Regarding the bathroom toiletries, I am resigned to the fact that large dispenser bottles are becoming widespread but at CP they cut it down from 3 bottles to 2 because conditioner was included with the shampoo which is not a positive in my opinion.

1_IMG_2606.jpeg1_IMG_2607.jpeg1_IMG_2604.jpeg1_IMG_2605.jpeg2_IMG_2666.jpeg

Dining

I was granted lounge access as Diamond where happy hour was available 6-9pm.  The lounge had a seating area immediately above the reception area, one closed room, and an outdoors terrace.  

1_IMG_2610.jpeg1_IMG_2616.jpeg1_IMG_2617.jpeg

In anticipation to the new IHG loyalty program benefits which will be live soon, the hotel also gave me free breakfast as a Diamond benefit.  The restaurant was very crowded and I found food to be as expected for a hotel of this caliber.  

IMG_2620.jpeg1_IMG_2621.jpeg

Especially at peak times with people checking out in the morning plus people coming and going to breakfast, the hotel elevator system was unworkable with the hotel full and only 3 out of 4 elevators operating.  We were on a low floor and it was impossible to go down as the elevator was full every time.  Eventually we succeeded by going up first before coming back down but even going up took quite some time because many people were heading up to their room after breakfast.  

Service

It’s been a while that I have seen a hotel which advertises giving points if we elect to skip housekeeping – many hotel chains simply do not provide housekeeping anymore and there is no compensation.  I elected to skip housekeeping, unsurprisingly my bonus points were not credited but thankfully it was quickly fixed after an e-mail to the hotel.

1_IMG_2619.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 40-50 Mbps.

Overall

Overall Crowne Plaza was far from perfect but I found the value for the money reasonable.  I would argue that with the improvement to the IHG loyalty program, CP has leapfrogged AC Hotel (Marriott) for elites of both loyalty programs.  Personally upon returning to CPH I would probably pick CP before AC.  

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen = Not Quite an Airport Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers?

No, thank you.
Yes
tom tulpe and ernestnywang like this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent updates?
Do Diamonds still generally receive Lounge access?
Is there a town (in addition to the mall) near the area and Any restaurant recommendations in the area?
Any additional info appreciated. Considering a stay last September/early October.
Does the machine (or purchase with person) for the metro to town currently accept credit cards issued in USA?
Is there currently a shuttle between hotel and airport? website says no but others have said yes. Please confirm.
thanks in advance.

Last edited by fmkgb; Aug 27, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent updates?
Do Diamonds still generally receive Lounge access?
Diamond status does not give lounge access: you have to select it as your 40 and/or 70 night milestone rewards

Is there currently a shuttle between hotel and airport?
There is a train from CPH to Ørestad Station (4 minutes walk to the hotel).

Is there a town (in addition to the mall) near the area and Any restaurant recommendations in the area?
The town is named Copenhagen. 😅

I am not quite sure you may find any good restaurant in the immediate vicinity.
But remember that metro is station is 4 minutes walk from the hotel, an excellent occasion to discover the new
Danish culinary scene:

Norrlyst

Theo

Marv & Ben

Aamanns 1921

Høst

Selma

Koefoed
IAMORGAN likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Aug 27, 2023 at 3:06 pm
Old Aug 27, 2023, 3:06 pm

I stayed here a few years ago and will be staying here again in December. I just remember it was an easy walk to the train station and there was a mall next to the train station too. Hotel was clean but kinda middle of nowhere. The mall was pretty much it. I'll post a review after.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 5:03 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

CP or the Full service Marriott?
the breakfast is solid at the Marriott
The way the Radisson Royal used to be
Radisson still has amazing soft plush beds but no program I am willing to support 🫣😩
The photos make the CP look real good
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Diamond status does not give lounge access: you have to select it as your 40 and/or 70 night milestone rewards
Actually several previous report are that they were upgraded to premium room with lounge access.

My stay starts tomorrow and today ing app indicates same: I have been upgraded to
premium room
high floor
lounge access.

So we shall see tomorrow. Looking forward to spending several days in Copenhagen.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
Actually several previous report are that they were upgraded to premium room with lounge access.

My stay starts tomorrow and today ing app indicates same: I have been upgraded to
premium room
high floor
lounge access.
Usually upgrades to Room with Lounge Access do not give you lounge access in IHG. Hope that's not the case for you
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by rickesh
Usually upgrades to Room with Lounge Access do not give you lounge access in IHG. Hope that's not the case for you
confirming my upgrade did include lounge access. Lounge has very minimal offerings. At night wine, champagne, olives, meat, tasteless Parmesan cheese in a wheel, flatbread, fruit/nut munchies. Hardly worth it. They don’t serve breakfast in lounge but allow access to breakfast in restaurant without choosing that for your amenity. Doesn’t matter much as other amenity choices are only 600 points or a drink for the stay. during day water, beer, tea, fruit/nut snacks and 3-5pm there is a cake.

Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:33 pm

Just spoke with a guest in the lounge who said that she was given complimentary access to the Lounge as IHG PLATINUM (earned from credit card) but WITHOUT breakfast benefit.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:03 pm

Just spoke with a guest in the lounge who said that she was given complimentary access to the Lounge as IHG PLATINUM (earned from credit card) but WITHOUT breakfast benefit.
Hard pass
Location UGH
No Plat elite benefit UGH
High pricing
No Ubers so all high priced taxis (one will need them)
All roads sadly lead back to the Radisson great beds hot location and fair pricing.World class iconic design
Saw non refundable rates for 159 dollars!Def worth it
The only Radisson I will stay in since the program detonated and imploded
Marriott out too even a LT Titanium poor upgrades and run down/dated reports of a better lounge than C Plaza
and superior location
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I'm not sure where these reports of the Marriott being run-down or dated are coming from. I've been staying there for many, many years and they keep refreshing the hard product well before I could consider it negatively at all. The lounge is fantastic, and the staff are almost Ritz-Carlton-like in their passion for guest service. The location works for me, and I'd have a hard time picking anyplace else in Copenhagen to stay.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'm not sure where these reports of the Marriott being run-down or dated are coming from. I've been staying there for many, many years and they keep refreshing the hard product well before I could consider it negatively at all. The lounge is fantastic, and the staff are almost Ritz-Carlton-like in their passion for guest service. The location works for me, and I'd have a hard time picking anyplace else in Copenhagen to stay.
The Iceman cometh
Prob best to PM you as this thread is supposed to stay focused on Crowne Plaza.
But in a nut shell my understanding is some rooms got renovated and some didn't and quite a few have said
otherwise regarding hotel condition seeming dated
At the end of the day nothing wrong with old if its well maintained.You may be getting the better condition renovated rooms
The Marriott CPH lounge seems to score way higher than Crowne Plaza and I do know for fact they have a good team
but that dates back to 2019
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Does anyone have experience in claiming Lounge access earned through milestone rewards in this hotel? I have upcoming stay and app says "not available in this hotel" although hotel obviously has lounge:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.