Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by E14 26C
The Sixt desk will call the hotel for the pick up, but you're very cold
I DID have the Sixt desk call, but when I exited the door they told me to use, I had trouble figuring out where to wait (had to ask a bus driver), and then finding the concierge who was the driver and who was using a normal car without signage.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 6:46 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by rfrost
I DID have the Sixt desk call, but when I exited the door they told me to use, I had trouble figuring out where to wait (had to ask a bus driver), and then finding the concierge who was the driver and who was using a normal car without signage.
Airport Shuttle works fine. You have to use the 3rd exit at Terminal 2 and there is the pickup point (bus station).
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
CP vs. Marriott at Copenhagen

Going to CPH in a few weeks (Thanks to the Delta employee with the fat fingers!) with a friend.

Here are our choices:
Marriott DKK879 (we'd share this room) for standard Deluxe room with Breakfast included. Marriott seems to not have free WiFi, but it's closer to the city. We'd probably be going out at night. Has anyone returned at night to the CP from the city center? How late do buses/trains run?
Crowne Plaza DKK535 (we'd get our own rooms) for standard, 749 for Club (which we'd share).
As a PC Plat in separate rooms, I'd get Upgraded to lounge access but since we'd be in different rooms, I don't think my friend would.
CP has free internet, and I think Marriott's is expensive.
So, it seems like Marriott wins in terms of being walking distance to most stuff in the city; if we want our own rooms, CP isn't much more but we wouldn't get a full-on breakfast buffet.
How would rooms compare at the 2 properties?
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: IHG
Smile

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Going to CPH in a few weeks (Thanks to the Delta employee with the fat fingers!) with a friend.

Here are our choices:
Marriott DKK879 (we'd share this room) for standard Deluxe room with Breakfast included. Marriott seems to not have free WiFi, but it's closer to the city. We'd probably be going out at night. Has anyone returned at night to the CP from the city center? How late do buses/trains run?
Crowne Plaza DKK535 (we'd get our own rooms) for standard, 749 for Club (which we'd share).
As a PC Plat in separate rooms, I'd get Upgraded to lounge access but since we'd be in different rooms, I don't think my friend would.
CP has free internet, and I think Marriott's is expensive.
So, it seems like Marriott wins in terms of being walking distance to most stuff in the city; if we want our own rooms, CP isn't much more but we wouldn't get a full-on breakfast buffet.
How would rooms compare at the 2 properties?
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
I stayed here a couple of months ago with six friends. Only I had any (platinum) status. At check in, the guy on the desk said "and of course, you can take your friends into the lounge". So, go for it!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
About lounge access for your friend: You can ask for two key-cards or he can simply go in with you. The two times I have been at this hotel the lounge was unstaffed, but you need to swipe the key-card to get in. Unfortunately I can not tell you how frequent the train is and I don't know about the Marriott, but I can tell you I liked CP Copenhagen.

Xxx.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I stayed at the CP last week for two nights and was very impressed. I was upgraded to a club room on the 24th floor as a Platinum member (though the lounge is actually on the 2nd floor on top of the reception). They also left a bottle of wine and a fruit platter in the room on the second day.

I don't think it is an issue to take friends into the lounge - they allowed us to take non Platinum friends in and even gave them a card pass to open the gate (as unfortunately there are no toilets in or around the lounge and you have to go wandering off around the hotel to find one).

The metro (which stops about 2 mins walk away) runs all night at about 20 minute intervals after midnight though we used taxis at night as they were plentiful and reasonably cheap (100 DKK from the centre from memory).

I can't compare to the Marriott as I haven't stayed there but the CP is certainly worth staying at as the staff and facilities are excellent.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I have just booked in for March 17th. If anyone else is planning to stay that night, let me know.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Staying in-house now!

Only peeve is that the 'upgraded executive room' is merely a teensy weensy larger than the regular room and it's at the corners of each floor.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: IHG
I don't think it is an issue to take friends into the lounge - they allowed us to take non Platinum friends in and even gave them a card pass to open the gate (as unfortunately there are no toilets in or around the lounge and you have to go wandering off around the hotel to find one).

Toilets are in the mini-gym along the walkway next to the club.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
I seem to remewmber reading that the hotel has a shuttle service to and from the airport, we have a stay booked on SD for the end of May. I have emailed the hotel to ask but they have not replied. Any help on where it it and how to use it will be appriciated.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I seem to remewmber reading that the hotel has a shuttle service to and from the airport, we have a stay booked on SD for the end of May. I have emailed the hotel to ask but they have not replied. Any help on where it it and how to use it will be appriciated.
At the airport, go the SIXT car rental desk (round to the left as you come into the main arrivals hall after baggage reclaim). They will call the hotel for you and arrange to be collected.

On returning to the airport from the hotel, you just need to ask at reception and they will arrange a car for you.

If you don't have much luggage, you can also get the train directly from the airport and get off after two stops at Ørestad and the CP is directly over the road. It costs about 30 DKK each way from memory
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by travellingblade
At the airport, go the SIXT car rental desk (round to the left as you come into the main arrivals hall after baggage reclaim). They will call the hotel for you and arrange to be collected.

On returning to the airport from the hotel, you just need to ask at reception and they will arrange a car for you.

If you don't have much luggage, you can also get the train directly from the airport and get off after two stops at Ørestad and the CP is directly over the road. It costs about 30 DKK each way from memory
Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by travellingblade

Do you know how much the car back to the airport would be that the hotel would arrange?
Same goes if we take train back to the airport?

Thinking of staying here 3/25-3/27 as opposed to the Mariott for the following reason:
1)I can take the metro into the city-center and walk around; How far is the night-life area from the city-center??
2)i want to check out that mall they have across the hotel as apparently it will be open on the sunday we depart.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:36 pm

I just did a bit more homework,
http://www.cpcopenhagen.dk/en/location/airport-shuttle

shows the free airport shuttle
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Amyrlin
I just did a bit more homework,
http://www.cpcopenhagen.dk/en/location/airport-shuttle

shows the free airport shuttle
Thanks!

Now to figure out the metro regarding city center and nightlife.

Any thoughts on the mall across the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.