Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. ^

My current Gold HHonours status for the year might as well be used since an upgrade is part of my in-hotel benefit package and I may not requalify. This together with the continuing uncertainty as to what benefits Platinum PCR members WILL receive at the CP Copenhagen Towers is somewhat persuasive.

Sorry Allan but I need a more compelling reason than "we try" as regards upgrades etc.

M & M
Dear M&M,

Having been Hilton General Manager for many years, I can assure you that their upgrade policy is no different that ours, as upgrades are always provided subject to availability.

As for the PCR benefits - there is really no uncertainty, We deliver 100% as promised in the PCR terms and conditions.

I am confident that our property, location and service is sufficient to attract business without adding additional incentives and wish you a great stay whereever you end.

Regards
Allan
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by aagerholm
Dear M&M,

Having been Hilton General Manager for many years, I can assure you that their upgrade policy is no different that ours, as upgrades are always provided subject to availability.

As for the PCR benefits - there is really no uncertainty, We deliver 100% as promised in the PCR terms and conditions.

I am confident that our property, location and service is sufficient to attract business without adding additional incentives and wish you a great stay whereever you end.

Regards
Allan

Allan,
i am staying at your hotel 2-5th April this year. I have booked a king executive room, but how about you upgrade me to a suite, just to prove that you do indeed do upgrades? i am sure that this would be good for me and you. How about it?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hi Nicolas,

Seeing that you already had Club Room access with your Club Room, I don't understand what more you expect.
An upgrade to a superior category (in that case: suite)

all of the 4 suites were sold / upgraded.

I am sorry that you comment on our rate structure without understanding how it is put together..
What I perfectly understand is that I paid DKK 1396 for an advance booking made on 16th January, and the best flexible rate for the same day/same room category was only DKK 1345.

Saying that it is not possible is simply wrong (it happened to me 4 times last year in different IHG properties, and an email to the Ambassador Service quickly leaded to the difference paid back)

If you are a [HiltonHonors] Gold VIP, you'll be given access to the Executive Floor lounge when you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor. If an Executive Floor room upgrade is unavailable, you'll still receive daily complimentary Continental breakfast in lieu of lounge access.

Is it the same benefits for Platinum+ members at CP Copenhagen??
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Striving to meet the bare minimum of what is required is not impressive.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 5:06 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
There seems to be something wrong with the website for this hotel.

Try to book through igh site and when clicking on View Room rates - normally a blank page appears. Have tried different browsers, chrome gave rates once but now just blank page. Also tried different machines in different locations.

Suggestions
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db7
There seems to be something wrong with the website for this hotel.

Try to book through igh site and when clicking on View Room rates - normally a blank page appears. Have tried different browsers, chrome gave rates once but now just blank page. Also tried different machines in different locations.

Suggestions
It's working fine for me. Clear your browser cache and clear all ichotelsgroup.com cookies. Start at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com and search via city.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:20 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Thanks - is a cookie problem. But why only this hotel?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db7
Thanks - is a cookie problem. But why only this hotel?
The ichotelsgroup.com website is full of weird bugs.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:53 pm

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by db7
There seems to be something wrong with the website for this hotel.Try to book through igh site and when clicking on View Room rates - normally a blank page appears. Have tried different browsers, chrome gave rates once but now just blank page. Also tried different machines in different locations.

Suggestions
Trying to book a room for late April, but ,also for me , when I want to access the rate page, it does not work. Tried on both PC and Mac , same result. Disappointing.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I find it always refreshing, when the hotel manager (etc) gets involved on threads that concern his/her fief!

I have an overnight stay in CPH - pm arrival early am departure. The options are obviously the Airport Hilton and the CP CPH Towers. I have once stayed at the Hilton, was not much impressed (no status then)

What is the general feeling here - which one is a better option. As HH Gold I do get a free brekkie, but I can also get it at the CPH *A lounge. As it's a one night stay only, with no specific Stay X (or other) promos involved at the time, the earnings are rather insubstantial, so I'm rather open to suggestions.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I find it always refreshing, when the hotel manager (etc) gets involved on threads that concern his/her fief!
I find even more refreshing when a hotel gives club access for Plat+, what CP Copenhagen does not

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
As HH Gold I do get a free brekkie
As it's a one night stay only
Hilton seems the best choice for breakfast and for direct access to the airport (if you do not need/want to visit Copenhagen)
Old Apr 3, 2010, 3:10 pm

typing this from the excellent club lounge. In light of what was said about no recognition for plats, this morning a fruit bowl with a bottle of wine and chocolates was delivered to the room. So, fair play. If you think about it, why would they upgrade the most loyal customers?(i.e. us). - The people most likely to pay for club amenities etc.... If we wouldn't pay for this, who would? Someone has to pay..
Old Apr 4, 2010, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
why would they upgrade the most loyal customers?
That's true, why would hotels upgrade the most loyal customers?
You should write your interesting comments to loyalty programmes
(I would also suggest airlines to stop stupidely offering miles and business lounge access to their Plat customers)
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
That's true, why would hotels upgrade the most loyal customers?
You should write your interesting comments to loyalty programmes
(I would also suggest airlines to stop stupidely offering miles and business lounge access to their Plat customers)
I think you should remember that hotels are run as businesses, in order to make money, not to live in fear of you, in case you throw your toys out of the pram when you don't get your own way.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turner32
I think you should remember that hotels are run as businesses, in order to make money,
Precisely--which is why they upgrade loyal customers: to make and keep them loyal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.