Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
In my case, in China, I called them and they expressed it to me. Came to my door in 2 days. But you need to go through the right rep. Tried several times.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, VS Silver, Le Club Gold,
Hi

Sorry to hijack this thread but I didn't want to start a new thread.

My husband has been on the phone to PC today as we are waiting to see if we are flying on Saturday from the UK to Florida but we have until 11pm tonight to cancel our reward reservation with the HI Clearwater Beach.

Anyway, whilst on the phone he was asked if he was happy with PC and he said generally yes but he had a wee moan about the general difficulty in getting upgrades despite his platinum status and 90+ stays per year.

He was told that when we arrive at the HI Clearwater we should enquire about joining Ambassador as they may treat us favourably as the property would get the $150 fee.

He also said that as we are in the HI Santa Monica later this year if we had ambassador status the hotel might collect us at the airport.

From being a long time lurker and occasional poster on this site, I was of the opinion that Ambassador is purely beneficial for IC properties.

My first thoughts were that the bloke at PC was talking rubbish, whats your thoughts?

JB
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite, HiltonHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by MXM135
It could take 3 or more weeks for the membership kit to arrive. In addition, the new weekend certificates are only valid with the "Ambassador Certificate" rate (same as best flexible rate) bookable through a special link and rooms using the certificate are subject to availability (new policy). You must also present the original certificate to get the free room night.

If your trip is in the next few weeks, you may be cutting it close.

mxm135
actually not till the first week of June, so we'll see.
How exactly do I see the "Ambassador Certificate" rate?
I just pulled the trigger on joining, but not sure if the hotel I want will have "availability" for the weekend I need
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JockBoyle
...My first thoughts were that the bloke at PC was talking rubbish, whats your thoughts?

JB
Generally speaking, hotels outside of ICs don't acknowledge Ambassador status. Some however do, as people have reported here. I've not heard of anyone signing up for Ambassador at a non-IC hotel. I suspect your first thoughts were correct.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by DWNewman
actually not till the first week of June, so we'll see.
How exactly do I see the "Ambassador Certificate" rate?
I just pulled the trigger on joining, but not sure if the hotel I want will have "availability" for the weekend I need
With the new cert, you need to book the Ambassador Cert rate. You can use this link or enter rate code IBAMB
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...rateCode=IBAMB

You can also make a reservation right now, as you don't have to input the cert number at the time you make the reservation, but only hand it to the hotel when checking-in. More info here in this Masterthread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Welcome to the Ambassador World
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite, HiltonHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
With the new cert, you need to book the Ambassador Cert rate. You can use this link or enter rate code IBAMB
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...rateCode=IBAMB

You can also make a reservation right now, as you don't have to input the cert number at the time you make the reservation, but only hand it to the hotel when checking-in. More info here in this Masterthread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

Welcome to the Ambassador World
Thanks for all the great info - followed the link, and it looks like the certificate rate is 100 euros more than the "best available", but still much better than full price. one last question, while I know I need to have the certificate at check-in, can I use the link to reserve, the weekend before I actually receive it?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Thanks for all the great info - followed the link, and it looks like the certificate rate is 100 euros more than the "best available", but still much better than full price. one last question, while I know I need to have the certificate at check-in, can I use the link to reserve, the weekend before I actually receive it?
Yes you can reserve before you have the certificate in hand. Keep in mind that you will need to present an original certificate at check-in.

I am surprised that the room rate is that much higher than the Best Flexible Rate (BFR). At most North American IC's, the rate is the same as the BFR. Keep in mind that you can not book a suite using the Certificate. This is one of the conditions of use for the certificate.

mxm135
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:27 pm

10 days

I bought my membership 2 weeks ago. Stayed at the IC in Tampa last weekend, got upgraded to a nice 2 room suite. When I got home, my welcome package was here waiting for me. Very impressed with the overall experience and will definitely look forward to other IC's.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by MXM135
Yes you can reserve before you have the certificate in hand. Keep in mind that you will need to present an original certificate at check-in.

I am surprised that the room rate is that much higher than the Best Flexible Rate (BFR). At most North American IC's, the rate is the same as the BFR. Keep in mind that you can not book a suite using the Certificate. This is one of the conditions of use for the certificate.

mxm135
It's in Paris, so I figured it may cost more - I'm just going to book the lowest category room that has the right size bed for us, and hope for an upgrade. Then add a three night points stay - hopefully they will keep me in the same room, and allow the late checkout on the reward stay.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
It's in Paris, so I figured it may cost more - I'm just going to book the lowest category room that has the right size bed for us, and hope for an upgrade. Then add a three night points stay - hopefully they will keep me in the same room, and allow the late checkout on the reward stay.
It should be the same rate as best flex (not as advance purchase) - at least when I quickly checked some weekends it was the case Would you mind telling what dates the rates vary? It would be interesting, since the "IBAMB" rate is a quite new "invention"... Thanks

IC Marceau will definately let you keep the room on points, from my experience,
IC Le Grand could be a bit more stingy.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
It should be the same rate as best flex (not as advance purchase) - at least when I quickly checked some weekends it was the case Would you mind telling what dates the rates vary? It would be interesting, since the "IBAMB" rate is a quite new "invention"... Thanks

IC Marceau will definately let you keep the room on points, from my experience,
IC Le Grand could be a bit more stingy.
The price seems to change every time I look at it Today it's the same as the best flex (which is 180 euro less than when I looked last night)

Looking at a weekend in June at Le Grand (and then the rest of the week on separate reservation)
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
For Paris, you may want to forget Ambassador and book via a Virtuoso agent instead. This is because they have a special package (at standard rates) with free club access. The club is EXCELLENT at LeGrand - you could live off the free food in there without any problems and drink enough free champagne to cause serious medical problems!

http://www.virtuoso.com/bestofeurope...lparislegrand/

Note also that Classic rooms are very small and Superior rooms are still fairly small - for a long stay, consider a higher room category than Classic.
Old May 6, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
For Paris, you may want to forget Ambassador and book via a Virtuoso agent instead. This is because they have a special package (at standard rates) with free club access. The club is EXCELLENT at LeGrand - you could live off the free food in there without any problems and drink enough free champagne to cause serious medical problems!

http://www.virtuoso.com/bestofeurope...lparislegrand/

Note also that Classic rooms are very small and Superior rooms are still fairly small - for a long stay, consider a higher room category than Classic.
Thanks for the hint - is there an option to book this online? I searched through the virtuoso site but couldn't find that option.
Old May 17, 2010, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by hunkster
Thanks for the hint - is there an option to book this online? I searched through the virtuoso site but couldn't find that option.
Only 1 Virtuoso agent has the facility to allow you to book online...PM me and I will give you the link.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Can a Virtuoso agent book the IBAMB rate?

If not- would booking a flexible rate through Virtuoso allow for use of the BOGO?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.