Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
I would say it is highly unlikely someone will release these nights anytime soon. Of course if someone else also has individual nights they might have the same problem as you and then it is a matter of who sits it out longer. That's probably the main reason we see nights released just before the cancelation deadline. But I also noticed that some reward nights don't go back to inventory, even if released long before the deadline. Definitely use Hotel Hustle or some other method to monitor the nights you are missing.

On our recent trip to Bora Bora I noticed that there are quite a lot of cheap looking hotels and BnBs right next to or very close to the Moana. For the nights you cannot get, you could easily move there if hotel hopping is an option for you on your honeymoon. The Sofitel is also a cheaper option that looked nice and is quite close to the Moana.
Seems like you've been a few times. Have you ever had to switch back and forth between Moana and Thalasso? I really want to stay at Thalasso even if just for a night. But shuttling to Thalasso from Moana for one night just to go back to Moana the following afternoon may be a hassle depending on what shuttles are like.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
Seems like you've been a few times. Have you ever had to switch back and forth between Moana and Thalasso? I really want to stay at Thalasso even if just for a night. But shuttling to Thalasso from Moana for one night just to go back to Moana the following afternoon may be a hassle depending on what shuttles are like.
I have never done it between Moana and Thalasso, but as an experienced hotel hopper I think it is no problem at all if you go back to the same hotel. You just leave all your luggage in storage at the Moana and take only one piece of hand luggage to the Thalasso. The main hassle is packing your bags and checking out of the Moana for the night, everything else is easy. I'm sure lots of people do this.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:44 pm

dates with stealth availability

Noticed this property still has stealth availability. Jan 12 - 13, 2018 and April 24-25 all have award availability when you choose those dates specifically, but doesn't show up on the calendar. Starting to wonder if this is intentional...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:35 pm

Yes, I got my nights at Moana by realizing their stealth availability also for late May 2018.

Seems that the calendar is not reliable at all for it.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
For those stealth available nights, for some reason I cannot use my Chase Anniversary Night. How come I cannot find it? Points available but free night isn't an option?

Also, for IC Thalasso, what time and timezone do they release award nights? Can't believe no one has answered this question yet on either forum.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:35 am

I released a few days in early July 2018 for anyone who might be looking for those
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cce5858
For those stealth available nights, for some reason I cannot use my Chase Anniversary Night. How come I cannot find it? Points available but free night isn't an option?

Also, for IC Thalasso, what time and timezone do they release award nights? Can't believe no one has answered this question yet on either forum.
Free Cert Nights / CC Cert Nights, whilst necessarily coming out of the award pool, are not bookable from the complete award night allocation.

So the fact award night is available for a particular night does not mean nightt can be used /booked with a cert
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:34 pm

Does anyone have the email address for this property?

TIA
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Does anyone have the email address for this property?

TIA
See here: http://lemoana.intercontinental.com/contact-us
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:46 pm

Releasing 7/22, 7/30, and 7/31. Have my flights booked(on points) and dates are locked in! Just looking for either Moana or Thalasso for 8/3
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:50 pm

Releasing 7/22, 7/30, and 7/31. Have my flights booked(on points) and dates are locked in! Just looking for either Moana or Thalasso for 8/3
Can you use Thalasso on 7/29?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Can you use Thalasso on 7/29?
No, but thank you for asking. I don't fly out until 8/1. My plan for right now is:

Stay at IC Tahiti 1 night
Take Ferry to Moorea and stay there for 3 days
1 night Moana
3 nights Thalasso
1 night Moana
1 night Tahiti then fly back out

If there is any recommendations based on that you can give I would be interested in hearing them. I do want to check out Moana to see what it is like and I believe thats closer to the airport so it will be good to stay there at the beginning and end of my time on Bora Bora for easy access to the airport.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:14 pm

No, but thank you for asking. I don't fly out until 8/1. My plan for right now is:

1 night Moana
3 nights Thalasso
1 night Moana

If there is any recommendations based on that you can give I would be interested in hearing them. I do want to check out Moana to see what it is like and I believe thats closer to the airport so it will be good to stay there at the beginning and end of my time on Bora Bora for easy access to the airport.
Cool. Can't help you as I've never been there but take a look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...polynesia.html

There's a link to a blog with good info.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:08 am

1 night Moana
3 nights Thalasso
1 night Moana

Ive stayed at all three properties. And I've stayed in Moorea at the Hilton. This looks like a great itinerary. If you have any.specific questions, go ahead and ask.

Here is a link to my photos from that trip
https://bhughes.smugmug.com/Travel/Tahiti-Y-November-2015
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by mercruiser
Ive stayed at all three properties. And I've stayed in Moorea at the Hilton. This looks like a great itinerary. If you have any.specific questions, go ahead and ask.

Here is a link to my photos from that trip
https://bhughes.smugmug.com/Travel/Tahiti-Y-November-2015
Would you recommend getting over to Moorea as early as possible on the 2nd day of the trip or is the IC Tahiti worth spending some time at before we make the trip over to Moorea?

Is it better to take the ferry or a flight from Tahiti to Moorea?

what is the best place to do some excursions?

Do you have ambassador and if so did any of those places give you ambassador benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.