Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Did you have a set of individual one-day bookings?

What is the difference in goodies you get as an ambassador over a platinum?
Are the pareos and t-shirts ambassador benefits?

When we stayed we received both as well (only once). We are Spire Ambassador. I assume we received those items as part of the Ambassador status....but not 100% on that.

Dave

Last edited by Traveler Dave; May 13, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
Did you have a set of individual one-day bookings?

What is the difference in goodies you get as an ambassador over a platinum?
Are the pareos and t-shirts ambassador benefits?
Nope, one reservation. Not sure if the goodies were due to Amb or Platinum.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:52 am

What is the 50% breakfast rate?

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
We have been there 2 times over 3 years and did the prepay for breakfast both times. Very good breakfast.
Last that few times we stayed the breakfast was included in the room cost. This time we are going on points and not included. We were just quoted 4720xpf per person for breakfast via email.

We will eat breakfast each day. What are people getting quoted on check in? I am sssuming 4720xpf is full price?

Thanks
Dave
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Last that few times we stayed the breakfast was included in the room cost. This time we are going on points and not included. We were just quoted 4720xpf per person for breakfast via email.

We will eat breakfast each day. What are people getting quoted on check in? I am sssuming 4720xpf is full price?

Thanks
Dave
I was there at the end of March this year. 4720xpf is a full price. They charge the full price first and deduct 50% at the check out.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Headed to the IC Moana for my honeymoon in September.

Am curious for those of you who've been there... what's the take on topless sunbathing on the property? I've done a few google searches on the general attitude in French Polynesia and the consensus seems to be that it's resort to resort. Anyone have first hand experience?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by christenlabelle

Am curious for those of you who've been there... what's the take on topless sunbathing on the property? I've done a few google searches on the general attitude in French Polynesia and the consensus seems to be that it's resort to resort. Anyone have first hand experience?
We were at the Moana in February and we stayed in a beach bungalow. There was a lady topless two doors down. No one said anything to her. I have also seen women sunbathing topless on their balconies of the OWB.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by christenlabelle

Did not stay there last year, but during our day trip we had to make a quick stop there. Saw a woman on the beach toplesss with her man, also topless. Not sure what the hotel policy is. We were staying at Thalasso for a week and did not see any topless there.

Dave
happychic likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by lincoln boy

I was there at the end of March this year. 4720xpf is a full price. They charge the full price first and deduct 50% at the check out.
Anyone had been there recently? Is it still the case that if you have breakfast every morning, you can get 50% off ?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Anyone had been there recently? Is it still the case that if you have breakfast every morning, you can get 50% off ?
Yes, still 50% off at check in.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador
Reward Nights moana

I am trying to book the night 28th August since days on points because it shows up at as available in the reward night calendar. However as soon as I try to book it it says there are no reward nights available. This happens now for the exact date since many days. Can someone please help why that always accures?
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:28 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
No upgrade on award night.

Staying here one night using my Chase free night before going to Thalasso. As a Platinum Ambassador, I did get free fruits, champagne, macaroons, a t-shirt, and a pareo. I didn’t ask for an upgrade, since I know award stays are not entitled to it. There were 10 overwater bungalows available when I checked after I got to my room.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:23 am

Anyone have any scuba diving experience? Currently I have 4 nights booked at IC Thalasso and we have around a 8-9 days so trying to figure out the rest of the stays to where we can do some diving. ie should we spend more time around Tahiti & Moorea. We are open water certified with about 20 dives. Thanks.

Last edited by blind1985; Nov 15, 2018 at 4:35 am Reason: clarification
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by blind1985
Anyone have any scuba diving experience? Currently I have 4 nights booked at IC Thalasso and we have around a 8-9 days so trying to figure out the rest of the stays to where we can do some diving. ie should we spend more time around Tahiti & Moorea. We are open water certified with about 20 dives. Thanks.
I do... many times with TOPDIVE Tahiti... good operation.. can have some good dives in both locations probably better in Bora... we just got back last night from a two week trip to the Tuamotus where we now go exclusively rather than Bora or Moorea... about twice a year... also, probably a bit cheaper on Bora, I have a friend who is a guide at Eleuthera Diving.. Fun guide... ask for David... TopDive is great though and they have a dive center right on the Thalasso property
blind1985 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Any recent datapoints on paid upgrades from point bookings. Have already booked Conrad on points but want to open the possibility of booking LeMoana instead.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
We rode past the Conrad on jetskis and the property appeared way way nicer at the Conrad than at the Le Moana. Le Moana is small without much amenity to it, and is located on the part of the island with the worst wind. I think the Conrad gets a lot of wind too as it faces outward to sea, but they seemed to have 3-4 times the size and I'd imagine 3-4 times the offerings of Le Moana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.