Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
January to March is wide open.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

I have 5 award nights from Oct 23 to Oct 28th at Le Moana in a Beach bungalow. As a Spire Ambassador, when should I approach the hotel regarding an upgrade to an OWB? I'd love it complimentary, but I am happy to purchase. On a related topic, does anyone know what is going on with ATN award availability?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by hendrixnk75
I have 5 award nights from Oct 23 to Oct 28th at Le Moana in a Beach bungalow. As a Spire Ambassador, when should I approach the hotel regarding an upgrade to an OWB? I'd love it complimentary, but I am happy to purchase. On a related topic, does anyone know what is going on with ATN award availability?
If you want it complimentary, you will have to wait to check in. If you want it now, you will have to pay.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:13 am

The hotel still tries to lure people in on their airport transfer:

Regarding the transfers, may I take this opportunity to inform you that the Bora Bora airport and our resort are located on different islets.

A boat transfer is therefore required to reach the InterContinental® Bora Bora Resort Le Moana Resort from the airport.
Note that the hotel is on the main island. It is the airport which is on an islet, and connected to the main island by a free ferry.

The round trip fare is 13 560 CFP (taxes inclusive) per person and will be charged to your room account once at the resort.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I just noticed a good deal:
January 8 only the End of Pontoon OWB is available for cash, but the night can be booked with points.
January 5-10 is available for points. Currently 43 nights available for points (December to March).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:27 pm

The fare of the boat transfer is exactly the same price as for the InterContinental Thalasso.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I will be releasing December 30 - January 1st (Prime time!!) in the next few days. If there are any FT'ers who need this, just let me know and we can arrange a time. No charge or anything. I strung together 3 nights at Thalasso so don't need Moana.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 336
The hotel still tries to lure people in on their airport transfer:

Note that the hotel is on the main island. It is the airport which is on an islet, and connected to the main island by a free ferry.
Some guests may find it more relaxing (yes at a higher cost) to go from the airport directly to the hotel via boat.

Kind of like Venice .... pay EUR100+ to travel by boat from VCE straight to your hotel's dock OR go the long way via bus/taxi/walk
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
We will be staying here over New Year's. Does Le Moana do one of those mandatory NYE buffet things that everyone must pay for, does anyone know?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
We will be staying here over New Year's. Does Le Moana do one of those mandatory NYE buffet things that everyone must pay for, does anyone know?
They do not. It is optional.

Sunday 31st December 2017

7:15pm GM Cocktail
7:30pm Fashion Show
8pm Buffet opening
9:30pm Tahitian Dance Show
10:30pm DJ Party
Midnight Midnight countdown

& Fireworks (weather permitted)

27 355 XPF ALL TAX INCL. PER PERSON
18 517 XPF AL ATX INCL. EXTRA PER PERSON ON MAP
BEVERAGES INCL.: 1/2 BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE PER PERSON, 1 BOTTLE OF WATER FOR 2
PEOPLE, COFFEE OR HERBAL TEA; OTHER BEVERAGES ARE EXTRA.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Another question for those who have stayed recently. Can you speak to the quality of the wifi? I'm going to need to work while I'm there which means consistent VPN connection to do so. Is the wifi reasonable enough for this? I can't recall whether I needed to use VPN the last time we stayed a few years ago...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:19 am

Inside the bungalow, the WiFi works, without issues, but don’t expect high speeds. Streaming surely won’t work. Outside the bungalow, even only 2m on the terrace, WiFi is unstable.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
How "fancy" is the resort? Are khakis or shoes needed at any restaurants/meals? Coming to Bora Bora after some time in NZ where things are fairly casual, so wondering if I need to pack anything in particular? I believe this resort is closer to some other options within taxi distance - is it worth leaving the resort? We arrive on a Tues afternoon and leave Friday so about 3 full days at the resort.

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
The resort is pretty casual - you will be OK even in shorts and t-shirts.

Yes leave the resort for other dining options (like Bloody Marys, Bora Bora Yacht Club) or hire an electric Renault Twizzy and drive around the island.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
The resort is pretty casual - you will be OK even in shorts and t-shirts.

Yes leave the resort for other dining options (like Bloody Marys, Bora Bora Yacht Club) or hire an electric Renault Twizzy and drive around the island.
thanks - any reservations needed for the restaurants outside the hotel? and same thing - shorts/tshirt are ok at other restaurants?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.