Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Is IC still releasing points nights jus 4 months out?

TD
It appears so. Roughly 4 months out (I don't belive it's exact). I checked last week (late-Aug) and there was no availability for late-Dec. This week there was. But, I currently don't see anything available for points past Jan 2nd. So, it definitely appears roughly 4 months out is when availability is being released.

-FlyerBeek
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:08 am

Is the 50% breakfast discount here also offered on check in ?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just checked my (rebooked) points reservation for Dec and it looks like I've already been upgraded to a Double Overwater Lagoon Bungalow. Not quite as good as the Horizon Overwater Bungalow upgrade I had previously on my paid reservation for the same dates, but still a very pleasant surprise for an award booking during a peak holiday travel week.

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:56 pm

is there a new thread for Le Moana? this one seems fairly quiet.

Has anyone had luck with the Ambassador upgrades? We're heading there in October but not sure if I should email the hotel directly now asking for an upgrade or if I should press my luck and wait until we actually get there. Unfortunately we didn't have enough points for this stay so they're cash bookings. Thoughts?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by wanderlustjl
Has anyone had luck with the Ambassador upgrades? We're heading there in October but not sure if I should email the hotel directly now asking for an upgrade or if I should press my luck and wait until we actually get there
I emailed the hotel before. Gave us the end room #12 at the left side dock. Had booked a regular over the water bungalow. Evening reception was great too, not sure if it was just ambassadors or anyone. Of course all this was in 2003.

Envious of you going. Truly the best place in the World.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Can anyone who has been to this hotel recently speak to internet speeds?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
We were there in October and internet was pretty decent overall. Each bungalow has their own router so you’re not struggling for wifi in your room. I believe there was one night/morning where we had issues connecting but usually we’re able to view/upload large videos without any issue. My husband did have to do some work for an hour or so one day and didn’t have any issues then either.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I am here now and can post for future reference: about 15MB up and down which is decent for being in the middle of the ocean.

We booked 6 nights on points for a beach villa and that’s what we were given this time, though I didn’t purchase Ambassador until after they confirmed our arrival and need for transport from the airport. Having done both the OW and beach villa previously, we wanted the beach villa so we are ok with no upgrade.

Also because I am a “Diamond Ambassador” as they told me at check in, we were told we get free breakfast for us over the course of the stay, which is a great value and certainly better than 600 points 😂 or two free drinks.

This is our third stay at this property and remains our favorite of the Tahitian IHGs.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Would love to book here, can't get the dates I'm looking for in March yet, fingers crossed.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 5:47 pm

Hello so if I plan going in Feb, that means that I have to look around October correct for using IHG points? Any other tips?
Old Jun 15, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Have any Royal Ambassadors stayed here recently? I am staying in October and as RA, they already told me they can't upgrade my room (but will at least hold the furthest out OWB in the category I reserved). We have a 6pm flight back to PPT and I was planning on the guaranteed 4pm checkout but am now wondering if they will not honor that benefit as well. Or the early check in (our flight gets into Bora Bora at 11am).

Last edited by VaBeachGirl; Jun 15, 2023 at 4:20 am Reason: Clarification
Old Jun 15, 2023, 8:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They can weasel out of the upgrade as the T&CS support that and offer 10k points or was it 50$ for the stay instead which is paltry of course. The late check out on the other hand (4pm) is guaranteed even for AMB and you are RA so that should not be up for discussion.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:39 pm

If you already booked a OWB, what else do you expect?

I visited as a RA about 5y ago, they were very accommodating and generous.

My preference was a beach bungalow, so I could pick the one I liked most.

They also asked me to make a list of what I wanted to see in my (free) minibar.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
Have any Royal Ambassadors stayed here recently? I am staying in October and as RA, they already told me they can't upgrade my room (but will at least hold the furthest out OWB in the category I reserved). We have a 6pm flight back to PPT and I was planning on the guaranteed 4pm checkout but am now wondering if they will not honor that benefit as well. Or the early check in (our flight gets into Bora Bora at 11am).
Data point was 20 years ago so take with a grain of salt, late checkout was honored but they stuck us in a Beach Bungalow for the afternoon. (Next ambassadors getting to stay in the best OWBs want to check in at an appropriate time)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.