Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
No worries Buzzman. Let me give you an example to convince you:

Over in the Thalasso thread, people seem to be hording reward nights they don't need so they can swap them with others for the nights they want.
Without commenting on what I think of this practice, this is only possible because canceled reward nights become available again instantly. If the other person knows when you cancel them, they can grab them before anyone else can.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by DUflyer
...canceled reward nights become available again instantly. If the other person knows when you cancel them, they can grab them before anyone else can.
This is true.

ETA: Something is certainly squirrelly with Le Moana. I was just able to secure award nights at Thalasso but unable at Le Moana for the same nights.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 16, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
This is true.

ETA: Something is certainly squirrelly with Le Moana. I was just able to secure award nights at Thalasso but unable at Le Moana for the same nights.
How were you able to book the reward nights at Thalasso? I haven't seen any lately
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Dolphins1
How were you able to book the reward nights at Thalasso? I haven't seen any lately
I'd like to know this too!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Dolphins1
Originally Posted by FSUNoles420
I'd like to know this too!
See the Thalasso specific thread...there's lots of advice there.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
It seems the Moana now has "stealth reward nights" available.
You don't see them in the calendar, but only if you select the actual dates. Strange.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:10 am

It seems the Moana now has "stealth reward nights" available.
You don't see them in the calendar, but only if you select the actual dates. Strange.
how do you search for that? just search one day at a time?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:24 pm

Looking to trade April 5 and 6 at Thalasso

for

Mar 30 and 31 at Le Moana.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Is this hotel playing by the rules?

I have been closely monitoring reward nights in Bora Bora for the last 6 weeks and have seen at least 20-30 nights pop up at the Thalasso, but not a single night at the Moana.

They say that 3 rooms per night are available for reward booking (5% of their inventory), but it is hard to believe that.
If that were the case, wouldn't some reward nights become available in March next year when booking opens? Or when someone cancels?
I thought they only released 1 room per night not 3?
I was easily able to book some rooms in Feb 2018 (3 nights) then I needed to go back and add a 4th and now not one room is showing all year. Who knows. But if anyone has Feb 19th and is looking to ditch it I'd be forever appreciative!
Old May 6, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG gold
Upgrade prices

Another data point - June 2017 upgrade costs on a points stay at Le Moana:

Overwater horizon bungalow: 30,400 CFP

Overwater end of pontoon bungalow: 48,000 CFP
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Flyfish81
Another data point - June 2017 upgrade costs on a points stay at Le Moana:

Overwater horizon bungalow: 30,400 CFP

Overwater end of pontoon bungalow: 48,000 CFP
Thanks. Did you have any status?

I have IHG Spire status, and booked Le Moana on the chase free nights in their beach-bungalow.

Wondering if IHG Spire will give any leverage in discounted OverWater bungalow pricing than 30k CFP?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by nomii
Thanks. Did you have any status?

I have IHG Spire status, and booked Le Moana on the chase free nights in their beach-bungalow.

Wondering if IHG Spire will give any leverage in discounted OverWater bungalow pricing than 30k CFP?
YES. I pointed to the manager the price difference (shown on their own booking engine) between OWB and beach bungalow is only 16k CFP, not the 30k CFP quoted. He gave me some 'blah blah blah' answer and then okayed me to the double horizon OWB for 16k CFP price. I was staying at the property when I check for the empty room and then politely inquired about it. That OWB was available during my stay anyhow, so the manager figured it was better to upgrade me for half price than get nothing for an otherwise empty room.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Really frustrated that rewards nights disappeared from this place as of March 30th. I miss when it was always available.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Really frustrated that rewards nights disappeared from this place as of March 30th. I miss when it was always available.
Reward nights remain available. They are "stealth". Must search day by day, not by calendar. May 7 is available but doesn't show up on the calendar.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Troopers
Reward nights remain available. They are "stealth". Must search day by day, not by calendar. May 7 is available but doesn't show up on the calendar.
But prior to March 30th, reward nights were available on every single day. Then they disappeared. I've been trying for Dec 29th eve since and it has never come available. Maybe now the ODD day is available, but barely anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.