Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
How does the IC Moorea compare with Le Moana?

I have nights at Thalasso and I am considering 3 nights at either Le Moana over IC Moorea.
I loved both properties. The inside of the bungalows was similar with Le Moana a bit more spacious. At Moorea, we had a sunset view, dolphins playing every morning and generally more fish action, a 50 cent french bread works wonders for hours of entertainment..
At Moana, we had Bungalow 9 with views to the mountain and the lagoon which was entertaining as well.

We ended up renting a car for the whole stay at Moorea, came in handy for supply runs and sightseeing. In Bora Bora we rented a car for the last 24 hours which saved us paying for shuttles into town and the taxi to the ferry and we drove around the island. A real car for 24 hours was cheaper than 4 hour in one of those scary looking electric thingies.

We didn't eat at IC Moorea. We used the 50% off at breakfast at Le Moana. (BTW, they raised the price on January 5 to 4500 xpf a person) Breakfast was good. We had dinner there one night, but it was a disappointment. The Lucky House is a 5 min walk and has much better food at much better prices.
There are 2 grocery stores close by, one a 5 min walk, the other a bit further. Can't beat that for soft drinks, beer, wine, french bread, cheese and whatever else you might need. And they were open all day til 8 pm.

The staff at both places were extremely friendly, service was impeccable.

We saw all the resorts on the Motus while running around in the dive boat and honestly, I was glad not to be staying there and being dependent on a boat to bring you to the mainland.

If I had to do it again, I would stay at IC Moorea and Le Moana again. I was not impressed with the Hilton Moorea, where Diamond status doesn't mean much unless you take some initiative....
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
How do you get the 50% off breakfast at Le Moana?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I assume it's an AMB benefit. We got it offered in Moorea and Tahiti as well, just didn't take advantage of it in Moorea.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Can anyone confirm if you have to pay taxes on a points booking? I notice on a cash rate, the service charge is quite high. How does this work on a points booking?

It pains me a little to pay the same amount of points for Le Moana vs. Thalasso, but I just put together a consecutive week, during high season, on points, so I can't complain too much!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:10 pm

Can anyone confirm if you have to pay taxes on a points booking? I notice on a cash rate, the service charge is quite high. How does this work on a points booking?

It pains me a little to pay the same amount of points for Le Moana vs. Thalasso, but I just put together a consecutive week, during high season, on points, so I can't complain too much!
City Tax was xpf 400 per day. No other taxes or service charges were were billed.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
We were there for two nights in October 2016 and was offered 50% off breakfast, at check-in, IF you elect to have breakfast each morning you are there. We only have base status with IHG.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:28 am

Thanks all for your help. Somehow I was able to book December 26 - Jan 1 on points at the Le Moana. I will keep my eye on Thalasso for points, but will be happy to end up at Le Moana.

Does anyone have a recent price list of the cost to upgrade from the Beach Bungalow to an OWV at Le Moana? Also, does anyone know if there is a mandatory NYE fee?

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Jan 16, 2017 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:49 am

With AMB, do you still get the BOGO weekend night and the upgraded room on bookings paid with points? I see it stated that you do NOT in the T&C, but it looks like some people have had luck getting upgrades on points reservations?

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; Jan 16, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by michaelr
I have been there a couple of years ago. The key tip is to book the beach bungalow with points and then get Ambassador status in order to get upgraded to an OWB.

It's an awesome place. Have fun!
the T&C state that upgrades are not valid with points stays? Do they still often upgrade you even with points stays?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:35 am

Thanks all for your help. Somehow I was able to book December 26 - Jan 1 on points at the Le Moana. I will keep my eye on Thalasso for points, but will be happy to end up at Le Moana.

Does anyone have a recent price list of the cost to upgrade from the Beach Bungalow to an OWV at Le Moana? Also, does anyone know if there is a mandatory NYE fee?

For my potential dates in mid December, this is what was emailed to me today:
If you want to upgrade to :

- An Overwater Lagon Bungalow at the rate of 22 508 CFP per night taxes included

- An Overwater Horizon Bungalow at the rate of 28 771 CFP per night taxes included

- An Overwater End of Ponton Bungalow at the rate of 44 924 CFP per night taxes include do
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; Jan 17, 2017 at 1:32 am
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
For my potential dates in mid December, this is what was emailed to me today:
If you want to upgrade to :

- An Overwater Lagon Bungalow at the rate of 22 508 CFP per night taxes included

- An Overwater Horizon Bungalow at the rate of 28 771 CFP per night taxes included

- An Overwater End of Ponton Bungalow at the rate of 44 924 CFP per night taxes include do
Thank you! The Horizon will probably be worth the small extra fee over the Lagoon.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
the T&C state that upgrades are not valid with points stays? Do they still often upgrade you even with points stays?
You might get an upgrade on a points stay, but you won't know until you show up, and you also won't have any say when it comes to the location of the owb that you are upgraded to.

For example, we were upgraded a little over a year ago on a strictly points stay, and we were upgraded to an owb on the short pontoon at the far end of the property. The OWB was the second out from land, and at low tide the water was about knee deep. It wasn't an OWB that they were going to easily move at the going rack rate.

Keep in mind that there are far more owb's at Le Moana than there are beach bungalows. When the bb's are overbooked, there's only one other room type that they can put people in. That's when they start granting benefits that otherwise are excluded by the T&C of the amb program. I wouldn't be surprised to see them granting upgrades to spires or even IHG platinums if there happen to not be any AMB's around to upgrade.

Bottom line is this: It's unlikely that you'll get an upgrade on a points stay here, but you might.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Upon belief, it is not status-related. All that is necessary to trigger this offer is to not opt in to any meal plan in advance. On arrival, this will be offered. The offer is conditioned upon your agreeing to purchase breakfast at the discounted rate for every morning of your stay.

Funny thing, I had two stays at Le Moana in fairly short order, which served as the bookends for my Thalasso stay. First stay at Le Moana, I was proactively offered the breakfast deal and accepted. Second stay a week later, it was not proactively offered at check-in. After settling into the room and realizing that the breakfast deal wasn't offered, I walked to the front desk and inquired about it, and was promptly offered it again. Moral of the story: if they don't offer it to you, just ask.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:22 pm

Anyone know what day is the Polynesian dance and dinner buffet on?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
For an award night, does having IHG Spire or AMB Status help? I would pay for the beach bungalow > OWB upgrade in advance, but maybe a better located OWB, the welcome fruit basket, late 4pm check out, etc? Do they offer anything for Spire or AMB status that is worthwhile?

I am deciding to chase Hilton Diamond or IHG Spire this year, and this trip is for Feb 2018 so I'd like to have some status in 2018. I have the IHG Chase card, so if I don't have Spire I would have Platinum and again I am open to buying the AMB IC status.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.