Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
I don't understand why anyone staying at this resort would want to go over to Thalasso if they aren't gong for a spa treatment. I've been at both resorts and noticed in 2014 there were a lot of people coming over to the Thalasso and taking up space around the pool with their kids. So I don't blame them for stopping the free service for Moana guests to Thalasso unless they have spa appointments. The beach at Moana is better than Thalasso anyhow, but of course the Thalasso has that direct view in front of the mountain which is great for a photo. Maybe people just like a change of scenery?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
I don't understand why anyone staying at this resort would want to go over to Thalasso if they aren't gong for a spa treatment. I've been at both resorts and noticed in 2014 there were a lot of people coming over to the Thalasso and taking up space around the pool with their kids. So I don't blame them for stopping the free service for Moana guests to Thalasso unless they have spa appointments. The beach at Moana is better than Thalasso anyhow, but of course the Thalasso has that direct view in front of the mountain which is great for a photo. Maybe people just like a change of scenery?
I stayed at both a little over a month ago.

Thalasso has better views, a bar that's more open-air (or at least feels that way), and has a nicer pool.

But yeah, if lounging at the beach is what you want, stay at Moana.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
To me Thalasso have better beach with no wave at all, but Moana have a little breeze which I like a lot when is to hot.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Anyone prefer to stay in a beach bungalow at this resort instead of overwater and if so why?

We're going to use points, have Ambassador status and thinking we might not mind being in a beach bungalow since all our other nights (Moorea Hilton and BB Thalasso) will be in nice OWBs. Thinking staying on the beach would be a nice change and that beach is nice and those beach bungalows have a nice view toward sea and can see the mount. Since I'm Amb. is there any better beach bungalow over another for the upgrade? Not sure I'd want a comp. upgrade to OWB if its got a view back toward the land. It looks like the beach and OWB are almost the same size if not counting deck space. However, I'm wondering if the proximity to the little road behind the beach bungalows might add some noise factor (mopeds, scooters, motorcycles...) since that's the only main road for Matira Point. Also, wondering if smoke for trash burning, which is common on all the islands for residents, might be bothersome on the beach since it's close to Matira Point residences. Because of those potential factors maybe I do prefer the OWB, which they have more of anyhow. Not sure it's worth it to me to pay for an upgrade in my situation. This would be our 4th time to FP.

Last edited by Churnman; Aug 9, 2015 at 4:41 am
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:23 pm

A short video we filmed at Le Moana;
https://vimeo.com/photoquintessence/lemoana
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Loved your video

Originally Posted by TravelQuintessence
Dude, that vid was sick, and that ain't no jive! I'm going there in a week, and that video got me fired up! Well done!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
great video.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Churnman
However, I'm wondering if the proximity to the little road behind the beach bungalows might add some noise factor (mopeds, scooters, motorcycles...) since that's the only main road for Matira Point. Also, wondering if smoke for trash burning, which is common on all the islands for residents, might be bothersome on the beach since it's close to Matira Point residences.
We stayed in OWB #1 in late June and didn't hear any noise nor did we hear any smoke. There are some dirty parts of the main island with no resorts nearby; I would imaging the trash burning and other industrial activities would take place there.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:53 am

Has anyone paid for late checkout on an award stay and do you recall what the charge was? We have a 6pm flight from BB, which gets into Tahiti at 7pm before out 11:59pm flight back to LAX.

I'm wondering what to do between normal checkout time and our 6pm flight if we don't pay for late checkout. Any thoughts?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
Has anyone paid for late checkout on an award stay and do you recall what the charge was? We have a 6pm flight from BB, which gets into Tahiti at 7pm before out 11:59pm flight back to LAX.

I'm wondering what to do between normal checkout time and our 6pm flight if we don't pay for late checkout. Any thoughts?
I had AMB status, which guarantees late checkout. I thought it was based on availability, but both Moana and Thalasso said I was guaranteed late checkout. Moana gave me til 2 pm, Thalasso til 4 pm. Ambassador membership is a little steep at $200, but I would say it has paid for itself for me.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I had AMB status, which guarantees late checkout. I thought it was based on availability, but both Moana and Thalasso said I was guaranteed late checkout. Moana gave me til 2 pm, Thalasso til 4 pm. Ambassador membership is a little steep at $200, but I would say it has paid for itself for me.
I read through the AMB terms and FAQs and couldn't find an answer. If the room is booked under my wife's account on points, but I hold AMB status, would the late checkout benefit apply since I am staying in the room or would she need to hold AMB status? Depending on what the property wants to charge us for late checkout, joining AMB may be worth it, but I need to make sure the benefits would be valid if I had the membership.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
If the room is booked under my wife's account on points, but I hold AMB status, would the late checkout benefit apply since I am staying in the room or would she need to hold AMB status?
Our stay at Moana was just like your situation. My wife used her 2 free nights from the ITN promo to book our stay here. I added my name to the reservation and got AMB benefits. I did email ahead of time letting them know of my AMB status. She just has Plat from the Chase card.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
this makes me go there again..nicely done
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Our stay at Moana was just like your situation. My wife used her 2 free nights from the ITN promo to book our stay here. I added my name to the reservation and got AMB benefits. I did email ahead of time letting them know of my AMB status. She just has Plat from the Chase card.
Perfect, thanks! ^
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:22 am

Do I need a rental car for Bora Bora? I have booked two nights at IC Le Moana in November. Rental cars quoted are really expensive, I prefer to go without. Thanks for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.