Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I'm trying to decide between staying at the IC Bangkok and the Conrad Bangkok. With IHG, I have Plat Elite status. With Hilton I have Diamond status. Clearly at the Conrad I would assume to be upgraded and allowed into the lounge for breakfast/snacks/etc. What are the chances I would be upgraded to a room with lounge access at the IC? This would be for a stay for 3 days right before New Year's Eve.
Zero. You need to be at least Ambassador, but for Club you need to be RA.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Conrad as Markis10 said. Im a spire/Amb with IHG and get nothing at IC. Conrad being a Diamond will get you a nice room probably suite and lounge access..
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by robnc35
Conrad as Markis10 said. Im a spire/Amb with IHG and get nothing at IC. Conrad being a Diamond will get you a nice room probably suite and lounge access..
Spire Amb at IC get room upgrade and 4pm late check out as a minimum...and I've received when staying at IC Bangkok several times.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mrmaxwell
Spire Amb at IC get room upgrade and 4pm late check out as a minimum...and I've received when staying at IC Bangkok several times.
Good luck actually being to tell whether your room has been upgraded, they all seem to be exactly the same until you get to the suites.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They are the same as you said for anything below suites. Regardless whether Grand Deluxe, Executive or Club, aside from floor, view / orientation of room, some minor furnishing items and bathroom amenities (Club used to have Thann).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Good luck actually being to tell whether your room has been upgraded, they all seem to be exactly the same until you get to the suites.
Correct most rooms are similar which is great as they are all a good size and well appointed. Rooms up high have better furnishings but nothing really different unless you're upgraded to the suites.

Personally I can't stand those IC properties that list 45 room categories in which you need a Rewards Club degree just to be able to work out the best room to book in order to maximise your upgrade benefit.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mrmaxwell
Correct most rooms are similar which is great as they are all a good size and well appointed. Rooms up high have better furnishings but nothing really different unless you're upgraded to the suites.

Personally I can't stand those IC properties that list 45 room categories in which you need a Rewards Club degree just to be able to work out the best room to book in order to maximise your upgrade benefit.
Your definition of well appointed and mine are rather different. You claimed you get an upgrade yet you agree that the upgraded room is no different from that booked.

A HH Diamond at the Conrad will get a real upgrade (often a suite) to at least a nicer room than that at the IC, they will get lounge access and breakfast. I have always had a 4pm checkout too as a Diamond.

For the OP it would to me be a foolish decision to pick the IC over the Conrad. It feels a bit foolish to me too frankly as a RA let alone a Plat AMB.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Your definition of well appointed and mine are rather different. You claimed you get an upgrade yet you agree that the upgraded room is no different from that booked.

A HH Diamond at the Conrad will get a real upgrade (often a suite) to at least a nicer room than that at the IC, they will get lounge access and breakfast. I have always had a 4pm checkout too as a Diamond.

For the OP it would to me be a foolish decision to pick the IC over the Conrad. It feels a bit foolish to me too frankly as a RA let alone a Plat AMB.
I agree. The IC provides great value for money for RAs on a ฿ 4,927.00 rate for an Executive Deluxe. I would however never pay their Best Available Rate for what they call GRANDE DELUXE
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:41 am

Oops - wrong thread

Last edited by quitecontrary; Sep 8, 2017 at 3:52 am
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Need to stay here during early November but advance purchase for club is running at 9k at the moment which is 3k more than the two other stays I have around this time. I was hoping the price would come down but has been the same for the last few weeks, should I expect it to stay this high or is it likely to come down? anyone know if IHG are likely to have any promotions coming up?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:58 am

They reduced the offerings in the club again (last time I was there in early August). Unless you want to get drunk at happy hour I would not pay too much for the club. Considering the offerings even as RA the hotel is often too expensive for what you get. Without status you most likely get more for less money at other places.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
They reduced the offerings in the club again (last time I was there in early August). Unless you want to get drunk at happy hour I would not pay too much for the club. Considering the offerings even as RA the hotel is often too expensive for what you get. Without status you most likely get more for less money at other places.
Not a big fan of JW location but the club lounge has a killer buffet for both breakfast and dinner. One of the few places where you can make a full meal in the evening. I hear the Ren is even better.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not a big fan of JW location but the club lounge has a killer buffet for both breakfast and dinner. One of the few places where you can make a full meal in the evening. I hear the Ren is even better.
So thats Sukhumwit? Wow a buffet dinner? Any pics?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Not fake news.
My reservation and some of my friends' reservations got changed to not include club lounge access anymore.
At the time of booking, the reservation included club lounge access.
Have you been sent any kind of notification about the change that club lounge access is no more included with this kind of booking? Or did the appearance of the booking under "My bookings" within your IHG profile change? My booking appear as "Modified", but I cannot recognise any changes made...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by digitalfan
Have you been sent any kind of notification about the change that club lounge access is no more included with this kind of booking? Or did the appearance of the booking under "My bookings" within your IHG profile change? My booking appear as "Modified", but I cannot recognise any changes made...
If book a PAID night with lounge access then you will still have it. If you booked a mistake award then IC is entitled to not honour club part of booking, ie reset as Grande Deluxe.

Begining of Aug2017 for 36hours or so, IC Bangkok incorrectly/accidentally set/made every room type...
G Dlx, G Exec, Club, CornerSuite, CornerSuite+club, as available as a 35k award night

Then that 'bargain' got widely publicised on FT and elsewhere with 'greedy' people booking months out for multiple visits and multiple nights. Of course IC Bangkok can't afford to honour all those nights (unlike if just a few nights booked), everyone who booked these knows it was a mistake so can't complain if booked award night is corrected by IC Bangkok.

Of course some (but not all) guests arriving just after booking mistake award rate in August had bookingd honoured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.