Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Good one. From what I heard occupancy is still somewhat depressed so maybe they are a tad more generous at the moment.
Well, not to RA's at least. A friend of mine just checked in and got the standard upgrade to the club room.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
I was upgraded to a room with Club access last week on a points reservation as an Ambassador.

Though this may not be the norm. I've had quite a number of paid stays in the recent past as a RA.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by sweets61250
I was upgraded to a room with Club access last week on a points reservation as an Ambassador.

Though this may not be the norm. I've had quite a number of paid stays in the recent past as a RA.
So, there is little difference between being an Ambassador and RA at this hotel now, except for the mini-bar?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I wouldn't say that. Under normal circumstances they go by the book and an AMB gets the "fake" Executive room category with free internet (wow - someone may want to notice that it is free anyways for IHG Rewards members) and 2 pieces of laundry thrown in (not useless but not an amazing value).

Rooms are all pretty much similar from a size / furnishing / layout perspective for Grand Deluxe / Executive / Club room categories and the most you get is a higher floor as AMB as an additional goodie. Based on that normally AMB is quite worthless at this place except for the 4PM checkout. RA at least guaranteed Club which does have some more tangible benefits.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by whimike
So, there is little difference between being an Ambassador and RA at this hotel now, except for the mini-bar?
And club access - which will take care of breakfast and (for some) dinner. I suspect OP's non-Royal upgrade was a one-off. Or things are slow at the IC BKK ...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
And club access - which will take care of breakfast and (for some) dinner. I suspect OP's non-Royal upgrade was a one-off. Or things are slow at the IC BKK ...
I've had a number of recent stays as a RA including some suite bookings. Dropped to Ambassador in July. Maybe that is why they still provided the Club access.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by rbAA
RA recognition and as RA, the shuttle to IC BKK doesn't need the minimum 4 passengers in order to operate
Suite plus Club plus minibar
View, though there are adjacent high rise condo buildings on either side of the property, which impair a small part of it
Design and furnishings
Not too much nearby

How much is the shuttle bus to the IC BKK?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:18 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by lsed
How much is the shuttle bus to the IC BKK?
THB 800 each way.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I booked a 4 night reward stay in a Standard room for my wife and me yesterday and emailed the hotel about Club access. They have told me that it will cost an extra 3,000 THB per night. Reading back on this thread it seems that there is a chance they might give it to me anyway. Is it possible to just wait and see what happens and, if necessary, just pay on arrival?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I booked a 4 night reward stay in a Standard room for my wife and me yesterday and emailed the hotel about Club access. They have told me that it will cost an extra 3,000 THB per night. Reading back on this thread it seems that there is a chance they might give it to me anyway. Is it possible to just wait and see what happens and, if necessary, just pay on arrival?
Always possible to ask for the Lounge upsell at checkin, and will not cost more at checkin time. I don't see it being given for free to Ambassadors here
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I seem to recall it being 2500 THB last time I was here earlier in the year. I had booked a club room but a friend bought it on arrival.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Always possible to ask for the Lounge upsell at checkin, and will not cost more at checkin time. I don't see it being given for free to Ambassadors here
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I seem to recall it being 2500 THB last time I was here earlier in the year. I had booked a club room but a friend bought it on arrival.
Many thanks to both of you. I'll see what happens at check-in.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
A reward stay and Ambassador? Very unlikely you'll get club access, especially as you've forced them to address the question in advance.

If you are tempted to pay your way into club, then I'd suggest you do it when you arrive (who knows? you might strike a better deal) - and decide if you want it for more than one or two of your days there.

The Crowne Plaza (ex PanPacific) is a comfortable hotel in a very handy location at the junction of Silom and Rama IV, across from Lumphini park, and very likely to give cub access on a reward stay. But although the lounge there is nice enough, it's not as opulent as the IC's, and has no view.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
A reward stay and Ambassador? Very unlikely you'll get club access, especially as you've forced them to address the question in advance.

If you are tempted to pay your way into club, then I'd suggest you do it when you arrive (who knows? you might strike a better deal) - and decide if you want it for more than one or two of your days there.

The Crowne Plaza (ex PanPacific) is a comfortable hotel in a very handy location at the junction of Silom and Rama IV, across from Lumphini park, and very likely to give cub access on a reward stay. But although the lounge there is nice enough, it's not as opulent as the IC's, and has no view.
Thanks for that.

I reckon an upgrade to Club access is a remote posibility as you say but it has happened to me elsewhere. I'll try my luck at check-in and just pay if necessary.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:14 pm

Thanks for that.

I reckon an upgrade to Club access is a remote posibility as you say but it has happened to me elsewhere. I'll try my luck at check-in and just pay if necessary.
Just checking in if you had finished your stay and what the outcome of your stay was? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.