Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero;
The famous elephant? Are you sure you weren't staying at the Conrad? I've only gotten the teddy bear at the IC, and then, only in a suite. This was in April, though, so who knows what they're doing these days.
I've gotten both the elephant and the teddy bear before. Both are nice but I prefer the bear since it's wearing an IC BKK t-shirt.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The famous elephant? Are you sure you weren't staying at the Conrad? I've only gotten the teddy bear at the IC, and then, only in a suite. This was in April, though, so who knows what they're doing these days.
Hey "Jamito"....got the bear last stay there. We're going back in Feb. to try it again. Hope the "red shirts" find a new place to "play". Wouldn't mind a little sleep this time.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:55 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
A word of advice to anyone planning a trip to Bangkok: According to the Wall Street Journal, the red shirts have announced they will be starting a new round of protests in the city on the last week of September.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Is the 29th a Club floor? Can't recall from my stays there.
I had a room on the 29th floor. It may have been a regular floor, but they gave me access to the club lounge.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yes, it was an elephant from IC Bangkok. I would have preferred a teddy bear!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:19 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Upgrade as RA at IC Bkk

I had emailed the hotel asking for the upgrades and got the following reply

Greetings from InterContinental Bangkok

As per your e-mail, we are pleased to inform you that after you get upgrade to Royal Ambassador Member you can get upgraded the room as below detail.

From Grand Deluxe room to Club InterContinental room with club benefit

From Club Deluxe room to Club Corner Suite room with club benefit

From Club Corner Suite room to Premier Suite room with club benefit

And have another benefit as below.

-Guarantee early check in at 08:00 hrs
-Guarantee late check out at 16:00 hrs
-Complimentary daily newspaper
-Welcome gift
-Guarantee room availability 24 hours in advance
-Free mini bar beverages

NOTE: They did not clarify regarding the Executive Deluxe room and on my emailing again, I got the following reply:

We are pleased to inform you that after you get upgrade the member status to Royal Ambassador Member you can get the room upgrading once you book an Executive Deluxe room you can choose either one of 02 options as below detail.

Form Executive Deluxe room will be upgraded to Club Intercontinental room with Club Benefits.
Form Executive Deluxe room will be upgraded to Club Corner Suite room with Executive Deluxe benefits.

Benefit for Executive Deluxe Room
- 2 complimentary items of laundry/pressing service per stay
- High Speed Internet access in guest room
- Unlimited city phone calls (except for mobile phone numbers)
- 15% discount at Business Center
- 15% discount for laundry service

Club Benefit
· Inclusive breakfast at Club InterContinental Lounge from 06:00 – 10:30hrs.
· Evening cocktails and canapés at Club InterContinental Lounge from 17:30-20:00hrs.
· Non alcoholic beverages served at Club InterContinental Lounge through out the day
· Afternoon tea at Club InterContinental Lounge from 14:30-17:00 hrs.
· 3 complimentary items of laundry/pressing service upon arrival
· Unlimited city call (except mobile phone)
· One hour usage of Club meeting room per day
· High Speed Internet access in guest room and club lounge
Old Sep 18, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: PC/IC:Plat/RA; MR:Plat;
New LED TVs

I heard (reliable source) that the hotel is planning to replace the old LCD screens with LED ones
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:58 pm

F&F Rates

Do Amb and RA's get uprgrades and other benefits on F&F rate at IC Bkk?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Just to mention the Club is back to offering a buffet style spread for afternoon tea and evening drinks. Not the little set plates with small samples any longer. Pretty much a very good experience all around.

Club staff as excellent as ever and could check in at 9am (yes RA benefit) and check out at 6pm (thanks). BTW, sparkling wine served is "Chandon Brut" (Australia). Pretty decent.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 2:05 am

Just a quick question regarding upgrades as an Ambassador. If I book an executive deluxe room can I expect club access as the upgrade? Also I am planning on using a BOGO as well, will they give the upgraded benefits (IE such as club access) on the second night?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tbonephile
Just a quick question regarding upgrades as an Ambassador. If I book an executive deluxe room can I expect club access as the upgrade? Also I am planning on using a BOGO as well, will they give the upgraded benefits (IE such as club access) on the second night?
I just checked out from IC BKK this afternoon from a two nights stay. Was upgraded from executive deluxe to club room with all benefits. I had a cheap F&F rate.

Fantastic service from the staff at the lounge...
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:47 pm

I noticed that unlike most IC's the mini-bar liquor is rather large 200ml bottles rather than the usual mini-bottles.

But these were not in the mini-bar fridge... with all the hullabaloo early about the mini-bar, is that to suggest they were not FOC for RA?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
I noticed that unlike most IC's the mini-bar liquor is rather large 200ml bottles rather than the usual mini-bottles.

But these were not in the mini-bar fridge... with all the hullabaloo early about the mini-bar, is that to suggest they were not FOC for RA?
It is FOC. ^
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sweets61250
It is FOC. ^
Pray tell what is FOC?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Pray tell what is FOC?
Free Of Cost
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I know the first time I was there, I complained that they didn't have any liquor in the mini-bar. Only to be told by another RA to look in the drawer. Definitely not charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.