Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pointbreaks Discussion Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:48 pm

I think they put the wrong currency for the Valet Parking at Intercontinental Jakarta:

Daily Valet Parking Fee: $35,000.00 (USD)

Somehow, I think that should be IDR, or about 4 USD...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by futaris
I think they put the wrong currency for the Valet Parking at Intercontinental Jakarta:

Daily Valet Parking Fee: $35,000.00 (USD)

Somehow, I think that should be IDR, or about 4 USD...
Yep - already mentioned earlier in the thread in this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16754295-post4458.html
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shimon
Or maybe its just because IHG has 100x the number of properties in China than anywhere else in Asia.

I'm trying to book CP Jerusalem. They have disabled reward bookings for all the nights I am trying.

Edit: They have disabled all reward bookings till after PB list is over. Smart property I guess. Now is HIGH season.
Hotels can't just "disable" reward nights. They get compensated the same for PBs as for any other reward night, and they are required to offer reward availability on at least 5% of their inventory. It could be that those are all sold out, but if you suspect otherwise, you should open up a case with PCR. They will investigate.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Hotels can't just "disable" reward nights. They get compensated the same for PBs as for any other reward night, and they are required to offer reward availability on at least 5% of their inventory. It could be that those are all sold out, but if you suspect otherwise, you should open up a case with PCR. They will investigate.
Firstly, I do not know what is going on with this property. Shimon has pointed out that if you want any reward nights at this hotel (Jerusalem CP) between now and Sept. 30th 2011, you are currently out of luck. No rooms are available online.

Ironically, October 1st can be had for 25k points.

A call to IHG/PC may be needed to find out more information........

Last edited by CokeandTaco; Jul 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
Firstly, I do not know what is going on with this property. Shimon has pointed out that if you want any reward nights at this hotel (Jerusalem CP) between now and Sept. 30th 2011, you are currently out of luck. No rooms are available online.

Ironically, October 1st can be had for 25k points.

A call to IHG/PC may be needed to find out more information........
It certainly looks like either a glitch or funny business.
I'd call PCR to open a ticket.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It certainly looks like either a glitch or funny business.
I'd call PCR to open a ticket.
Hmmhhh...through September 30, I am only seeing suites available for cash. No standard rooms are showing available for purchase.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Both.....the Chengdu HI will be a good set-up for a weekend at the IC Juizhaigou
Keen to receive a review of the IC Jiuzhaigou from you.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So hotels are required to make 5% of rooms available on reward redemption..

But PC decides if those redemptions are on PBs, or regular redemptions?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by money_opp
I thought Friends & Family rate is NON REFUNDABLE??
I was offered (and accepted) to arrive by 6PM. No CC info was given.

Called and cancelled no problem.

Last edited by chemist661; Jul 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm Reason: add last sentence
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
In addition to the 3 nights in Vienna South (mentioned earlier), I booked the following PointBreaks nights:

Alpena, MI 2 nights
Charlotte, NC 1 night

Both for Sept travel. Not sure what else I'll book in the future.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:59 pm

Yeah they can... if they are smart enough. You 0 out availability for standard rooms. Suddenly, all your award redemptions are disabled.

Those Jerusalemite deal hunters must be really quick.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Shimon
Yeah they can... if they are smart enough. You 0 out availability for standard rooms. Suddenly, all your award redemptions are disabled.

Those Jerusalemite deal hunters must be really quick.
Their culture values good deals.. just like my culture..
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:18 am

I have a question concerning the validation of the pointbreaker programm.
I want to use the crown plaza in Paramus, NJ, at the beginning of october but unfortunately the actual programm is only valid until Sep, 30th. Does anybody know how the extensions of the programm is or was in the past?
e.g. does it make sense to wait for 4 more weeks so that perhaps the validation of the programm is extended until end of October? Or is it the same like e.g. double points, once the programm is extended, it takes a while until a new programm is established.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Sven
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Griller256
I want to use the crown plaza in Paramus, NJ, at the beginning of october but unfortunately the actual programm is only valid until Sep, 30th. Does anybody know how the extensions of the programm is or was in the past?
e.g. does it make sense to wait for 4 more weeks so that perhaps the validation of the programm is extended until end of October? Or is it the same like e.g. double points, once the programm is extended, it takes a while until a new programm is established.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Sven
The last Point Breaks (PB) list was valid thru July 30. The new list posted on July 18 and is valid thru September 30. Around September 15-20 a new list will be posted that will run for a few months. That will be the list you need to look at for an October stay.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Griller256
I appreciate your help.
Thanks and regards,
Sven
In my limited experience the point breaks list is rarely extended. I would expect to see a new list, with another batch of hotels, come out towards the end of September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.