Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes there is a Club, no RA's are not invited. Unless you have a lot of extra cash lying around, I find it best to enjoy the wonderful samplings of Kowloon rather than pay a lot of money for this club.
Thanks! Is this property much better than ICGS? The rate difference is around HKG1,000 per night on the dates I want, and while that's not a large amount I'd rather stick to ICGS if there isn't a huge difference in room size etc, particularly as ICGS apparently give RAs a choice of a suite or a club access (I'm mainly interested in club access for breakfast, not for evening drinking etc).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thanks! Is this property much better than ICGS? The rate difference is around HKG1,000 per night on the dates I want, and while that's not a large amount I'd rather stick to ICGS if there isn't a huge difference in room size etc, particularly as ICGS apparently give RAs a choice of a suite or a club access (I'm mainly interested in club access for breakfast, not for evening drinking etc).
Yes, this hotel is vastly better than the GS. Plus the location is better. The GS is a long walk from anywhere. But this hotel is very picky when it comes to benefits. RA's only get the minimum they are entitled to per the T's and C's. If you book the cheapest, you won't get harbor view. It will be a nice room though and decent mini-bar. There are hundreds of nice places for meals anytime of day right out the door.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, this hotel is vastly better than the GS. Plus the location is better. The GS is a long walk from anywhere. But this hotel is very picky when it comes to benefits. RA's only get the minimum they are entitled to per the T's and C's. If you book the cheapest, you won't get harbor view. It will be a nice room though and decent mini-bar. There are hundreds of nice places for meals anytime of day right out the door.
I'm an unusual RA in that I rarely touch the minibar as I have a policy of not drinking the day before, on the day, or the day after a flight, which often means I don't drink at all on a trip.

However, the location issue is an important one and thank you for pointing it out. I'll have to do some homework and decide what to do. I could do with a bit of walk given that I'm flying more than it's probably healthy for a human being but I am thinking that I could just catch a taxi everywhere. Or is that not a good thing to do in Hong Kong due to congestion etc?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
My advice is to stay at ICHK, but only if you intend to book a harbour view room. Otherwise you might as well stay at ICGS and enjoy the club.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
However, the location issue is an important one and thank you for pointing it out. I'll have to do some homework and decide what to do. I could do with a bit of walk given that I'm flying more than it's probably healthy for a human being but I am thinking that I could just catch a taxi everywhere. Or is that not a good thing to do in Hong Kong due to congestion etc?
You can catch a taxi anywhere, but yes congestion is an issue depending on where you want to go. There is no traffic near the GS though. I like the metro (MTR) and the IC is almost on top of the metro which is handy.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The GS also has a free shuttle bus during the day which will drop you in a more convenient location - they don't advertise it much, strangely, but it runs every 30 minutes or so
Old Jul 27, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: Priority Club, Qantas FF
F&F v AMBWeekend

I'll be staying in HK between 14 - 18 November (4 nights, including a Friday and Saturday). I've been quoted some rates for a Superior Harbour View Room, Deluxe HV Room, Superior Junior Suite and Deluxe Junior Suite (after Amb upgrades), I have also checked the F&F rates for the same (except Superior Junior Suite, which I would avoid anyway).

What I have found is that I can get, for example, a Deluxe HV Room for the 4 nights on the AMBWeekend rate for HK$16,687 (plus US$200 AMB membership - total around HK$18,250), on the F&F rate for HK$17,375 or using a combination of F&F on Wednesday and Thursday nights and AMBWeekend on Friday and Saturday nights for HK$14,357 (plus Amb membership comes to a total about HK$15,920).

Clearly the combination of F&F and AMBWeekend is the cheapest but is there any risk that the ICHK won't honour the F&F rate or that we'll have to move rooms after 2 nights (even if they are the same room type?)? Is there any other catch or risk?

Also, I've noticed that the rates for the suites are lower on weekend nights than week day nights. Is this usual?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by antman68
I'll be staying in HK between 14 - 18 November (4 nights, including a Friday and Saturday). I've been quoted some rates for a Superior Harbour View Room, Deluxe HV Room, Superior Junior Suite and Deluxe Junior Suite (after Amb upgrades), I have also checked the F&F rates for the same (except Superior Junior Suite, which I would avoid anyway).

What I have found is that I can get, for example, a Deluxe HV Room for the 4 nights on the AMBWeekend rate for HK$16,687 (plus US$200 AMB membership - total around HK$18,250), on the F&F rate for HK$17,375 or using a combination of F&F on Wednesday and Thursday nights and AMBWeekend on Friday and Saturday nights for HK$14,357 (plus Amb membership comes to a total about HK$15,920).

Clearly the combination of F&F and AMBWeekend is the cheapest but is there any risk that the ICHK won't honour the F&F rate or that we'll have to move rooms after 2 nights (even if they are the same room type?)? Is there any other catch or risk?

Also, I've noticed that the rates for the suites are lower on weekend nights than week day nights. Is this usual?
Funny that. I will be in HK from 15-19th November and went through the same calculations. If you are AMB book a Superior HV and you will get upgraded to the Deluxe. BOGO + F&F certainly the cheapest option, although I felt that the best value at the IC would be to milk the AmbWeekend for all its worth and book a suite, but then I ultimately just booked into the MO instead

They will honour the F&F rates. If you book the same room type on F&F as the BOGO you will not have to move.

Note that currently the Club rates on the website give you Club access for about 700HKD per night whereas a pay at the door upgrade to Club access is 1280 HKD per night.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:34 pm
inY

Typhoon

Stayed here the night of Typhoon Vicente when it went up to signal number 10. Platinum, redeeming Chase annual free night. When I booked on the phone, the agent said that non-smoking is not guaranteed :-(.

Ran from MTR exit up their driveway during signal 8. Couldn't use my umbrella because the wind was too strong. They had closed all the main doors and were running a side entrance normally used by staff. Staff helped carry my luggage from entrance to check-in desk. Based on platinum, I was upgraded to a harbour view on a non-smoking floor :-).

Check-in showed me to my room. Fruit plate with six fruits. Paper on desk said what signal 8 meant (which is what was raised at the time) and also had an event schedule from several years ago. It advised us to close our window blinds but, oddly, the blinds were open. Motorized blind control.

Excellent storm watching view from the 8th floor above the avenue of the stars.

They must have awesome windows because the typhoon was pretty strong and other people said it was quite loud. I slept through the entire signal 10 part. Another guest said the same thing.

Large group of Australians staying that night. They had a truck with their luggage that staff were moving inside through heavy rain.

Called to ask how to print my boarding pass, was transferred to business center who gave me an e-mail address. E-mailed that address and the boarding pass was delivered under my room door. Free.

Internet access charge was ludicrous and apparently not waived for anybody. It was cheaper to buy a prepaid sim card from a convenience store (Circle-K) in the MTR and tether my phone.

While waiting at luggage check, I noticed that there was a sheet showing that they reimburse staff for travel through the typhoon.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by redshift27
Funny that. I will be in HK from 15-19th November and went through the same calculations. If you are AMB book a Superior HV and you will get upgraded to the Deluxe. BOGO + F&F certainly the cheapest option, although I felt that the best value at the IC would be to milk the AmbWeekend for all its worth and book a suite, but then I ultimately just booked into the MO instead

They will honour the F&F rates. If you book the same room type on F&F as the BOGO you will not have to move.

Note that currently the Club rates on the website give you Club access for about 700HKD per night whereas a pay at the door upgrade to Club access is 1280 HKD per night.
I don't see Club rates on the website...where am I going wrong? Thank you for the tip!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
IIRC and my search is right, IC GS was raised to 50K per night, but not IC HK?

However it now seems both hotels are at the 50K level. Is this correct and when did it happen?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by travelkid
IIRC and my search is right, IC GS was raised to 50K per night, but not IC HK?

However it now seems both hotels are at the 50K level. Is this correct and when did it happen?
Yes, sometime around April.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
Hello all,

Is it true that the IC HK lobby and lobby lounge will be undergoing renovations during this month and the early part of next month? My wife and I have two upcomming stays and we are hoping that it will not inconveninece us too greatly, especialy because we booked our first stay of 3 nights on points so we will be reliant on the lobby for our views of the harbor. I know that the IC HK does not provide ambassador upgrades on point stays, but do they provide any other bennies, e.g., late check out, fruit mineral water etc?

We also have a paid reservation -- booked a superior harbor view king. Is the typical ambassador upgrade to a deluxe harbor view king? Is there a particular room number we should request? Is it hard to obtain a non-smoking room?

We are really looking forward to our stay and would appreciate any other advice this board can offer!!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL GM US silver AA GM Jet Blue True Blue
One other question: is it possible to access the rooftop pool without charge or must one pay to access that pool?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by NE flier
Hello all,

Is it true that the IC HK lobby and lobby lounge will be undergoing renovations during this month and the early part of next month? My wife and I have two upcomming stays and we are hoping that it will not inconveninece us too greatly, especialy because we booked our first stay of 3 nights on points so we will be reliant on the lobby for our views of the harbor. I know that the IC HK does not provide ambassador upgrades on point stays, but do they provide any other bennies, e.g., late check out, fruit mineral water etc?

Is it hard to obtain a non-smoking room?
Just checked out from one of a series of points stays as RA. Very stingy on benefits. Late check out, fruit and mineral water is provided, as well as internet. Due to repeated stays I also got executive room, slightly bigger but pool view. Hefty extras to get harbour view or club.

There are current renovations. Noticed club was closed. Also written notice of construction noise, but didnt bother us though. There are several options for drinks in lobby area to have HK skyline view. Dont worry.

To get a non-smoking room I guess is more of a human right

Originally Posted by NE flier
One other question: is it possible to access the rooftop pool without charge or must one pay to access that pool?
Didnt know there was a rooftop pool in addition to the regular pool and jacuzzi area. Also do you mean as non-guest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.