Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 0123571113
Theres a room type called superior junior suite, between deluxe habour view and the xx16 junior suite!

I guess for RA, needs to book deluxe harbour view, instead of superior harbour view in order to get xx16, or else, xx00. oh noo
Interesting.

The hotel said that they would upgrade me to a superior junior suite, but I could not see this on the website; only a deluxe junior suite. When I asked for clarification, they confirmed that they would instead upgrade me to a deluxe junior suite, so it does appear that they are doing me a favour.

Just seen jpdx's comment:

"Looks like the IC HK has created a new room category -- SUPERIOR JUNIOR SUITE. According to the descriptions, these rooms have the partial harbor view (xx01), while the full harbor view junior suites (xx16) are now called DELUXE JUNIOR SUITE (and they cost a few hundred HKD more). It'll be very interesting to see what this means for A/RA upgrades..."

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Dec 17, 2011 at 5:47 am
Old Dec 18, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have looked at the IC Hong Kong for my trip next year... and quite frankly, for the price, I just can not justify it. Cheapest room available is nearly £400 a night, and for 4 nights, there is no way I can spend over £1600 on a room in a hotel.

I know it is desirable to stay in that location for the view of Hong Kong etc... But for the price difference of over £950, I will just hope on the ferry thanks...

I know people say that the IC Hong Kong is very good, but the price is simply ridiculous.

The CP will do me nicely... ^
And you can go to the first floor of the neighboring Cultural and Art Center where you can find a good Chinese restaurant serves good dim sum at reasonable price with the same floor to ceiling window view towards the harbor. I believe the restaurant's name is called Serenade.

5 or 10 minutes leisurely walk down the promenade you will also see a Starbuck with outdoor seating facing the same view.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The hotel said that they would upgrade me to a superior junior suite, but I could not see this on the website; only a deluxe junior suite. When I asked for clarification, they confirmed that they would instead upgrade me to a deluxe junior suite, so it does appear that they are doing me a favour.
Superior Junior Suote is nothing special and/or new. The special thing is the Superior Full Suite (Room 1536) with a seperate bedroom and living room. Much nicer than the Executive Suite, however there is - as I have been told - only one of these in the entire property.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The special thing is the Superior Full Suite (Room 1536) with a seperate bedroom and living room. Much nicer than the Executive Suite, however there is - as I have been told - only one of these in the entire property.
Thanks.

I have written to the hotel asking for the cost of upgrading my booking to room 1536! I prefer a suite with two rooms.

Does it have good views and is it different in overall size to the Executive Suite to which they are offering me an upgrade for a fee. I found a photo on TripAdvisor and it looked huge but a bit lacking in atmosphere. Bathroom looked good, however.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Does it have good views and is it different in overall size to the Executive Suite to which they are offering me an upgrade for a fee. I found a photo on TripAdvisor and it looked huge but a bit lacking in atmosphere. Bathroom looked good, however.
It is to the left hand side of the buildung (standing in front of it) so it faces Central and North Point. The overall size is similar to the Executive Suite. I am in your boat - I prefer to rooms compared to one....
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Superior Junior Suote is nothing special and/or new. The special thing is the Superior Full Suite (Room 1536) with a seperate bedroom and living room. Much nicer than the Executive Suite, however there is - as I have been told - only one of these in the entire property.
Thanks.

I have written to the hotel asking for the cost of upgrading my booking to room 1536! I prefer a suite with two rooms.
The hotel has now written to confirm the following:

" We are delighted to inform you that our Superior Suite #1536 is available during your requested period and the rate would be the same as our Executive Suite."

Looking forward to our stay and thanks for the recommendation Flying Lawyer. ^
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Thanks.

I prefer a suite with two rooms.
A suite with two rooms is the one question I would ask in advance for some travels. A friend snores quite loudly and so the door between me and the snoring is very important.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have just booked a 3 night stay at IC Hong kong.

Im an RA, I have booked the first night on points (superior room) and the final two nights using a BOGOF (booked Harbour view deluxe) which I am suprised to let me book a BOGOF on a Thursday and Friday Stay

I always thought it had to be a Friday check-in apart from in the Middle East, has this changed along with the IC Bogof vouchers needing to be pre-booked online?

Does anybody know regarding airport transfers from the hotel and how they compare with a regular taxi?

Does club level come with this?

Last edited by navatwal; Dec 24, 2011 at 4:04 am
Old Dec 24, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have just booked a 3 night stay at IC Hong kong.

Im an RA, I have booked the first night on points (superior room) and the final two nights using a BOGOF (booked Harbour view deluxe) which I am suprised to let me book a BOGOF on a Thursday and Friday Stay

I always thought it had to be a Friday check-in apart from in the Middle East, has this changed along with the IC Bogof vouchers needing to be pre-booked online?

Does anybody know regarding airport transfers from the hotel and how they compare with a regular taxi?

Does club level come with this?
The online system may book the Thursday/Friday stay but the stay may not meet the terms and conditions of the voucher. Better to book the Friday/Saturday/Sunday stay or contact the hotel in advance.

At departure, a taxi to Kowloon Station and Airport Express from Kowloon station to the airport proved to be very convenient. So do consider Airport Express to the main station and a taxi to the hotel. Information related to Airport Express is quoted below.

A recent stay included complimentary mini bar and complimentary Internet but not club access. The mini bar is very well stocked. Consider a visit to the breakfast buffet due to the quality of the view and the food and the service.

quoted:

Airport Express

The Airport Express takes passengers to Central in just 24 minutes. Quick and comfortable, trains depart at 12-minute intervals from 0550 to 0115 daily, with the last train leaving the Airport Station at 0048. For schedule of the Airport Express, please click here.

The Airport Express offers free In-town Check-in in Kowloon and Hong Kong Stations, allowing passengers to check in from 90-minutes to a day in advance. Please click here or contact your respective airlines for further information.

Passengers wishing to visit the Disneyland Resort can change to the Tung Chung Line at Tsing Yi Station, and alight at Sunny Bay Station for the Disneyland Resort Line. Please click here for route details.

Free shuttle bus service is available, taking passengers from Kowloon or Hong Kong stations to most major hotels and transport interchanges. Passengers can also enjoy free porter service at all Airport Express stations

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Dec 24, 2011 at 9:52 am
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The T and C's state:

For the online booking and rate state:

Must check in on one of the following days Thursday or Friday or Saturday

Must stay over one of the following Days: Fri, Sat

I meet these requirements, Thurs and Friday night stay so I guess im all ok
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:57 am

Emailed the hotel regarding my booking.

The Reward night, they have not metioned any upgrade.
The Paid AMbassador Voucher nights: They will upgrade me from Deluxe Harbour View Room to Deluxe Juniour Suite.

Thyey have offerred:

Upgrade from the Juniour Suite to Executive Suite at HKD 2000 per night
CLub Lounge Access for 1280HKD per night
Airport pick-up in Mercedes S350L at 710HKD each way.

Might be interested in the pick-up once i know how much is a regular taxi
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
Might be interested in the pick-up once i know how much is a regular taxi
Should be around 250 HKD, pending traffic etc.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Should be around 250 HKD, pending traffic etc.
The meter fare from the hotel to the airport was 210 HK$ with basically no traffic on a sunday morning. Add another 30 - 50 HK$ in rush hour - plus toll (not sure how much - only from the airport) plus luggage fees (i think 10 HK$ per suitcase).

Another option is taking the airport express train (walk to the platform, if the train is there just board, leave at Kowloon station, buy tickets at the arrival station). If the train is not there buy the ticket directly at the booth on the platform (not in the arrivals area). 90 HK$ for one, discounted 140 HK$ for two. The taxi from Kowloon station is around 40 HK $ plus luggage plus waiting in heavy traffic.

The train/taxi combination is very convenient and often quicker than a taxi.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:26 am

We have decided to book the car to met us at HKG to take us to the hotel, but will get a taxi to the Kowloon station, check our bags in there, and then take the excellent train to the airport.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
We have decided to book the car to met us at HKG to take us to the hotel, but will get a taxi to the Kowloon station, check our bags in there, and then take the excellent train to the airport.
When travelling as "we", taking a taxi to KWL station and the airport train doesn't make sense - financially and time-wise. It'll be quicker and (most likely) cheaper to just take a taxi all the way to the airport.
When travelling solo, the train is cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.