Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:38 am

I'm now staying at the hotel on points (I'm platinum and not RA), and while the room is lovely and an upgrade (though no harbor view), the price to access the internet from rooms is pretty ridiculous. HK$156 which works out to about $20 a day.

It's been awhile since I've seen a hotel charge that to elite guests.

I'm not sure if RA (which would cost me $200, but which I probably otherwise wouldn't use outside this hotel) comes with free internet
Old Sep 14, 2011, 1:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MrAOK
I'm now staying at the hotel on points (I'm platinum and not RA), and while the room is lovely and an upgrade (though no harbor view), the price to access the internet from rooms is pretty ridiculous. HK$156 which works out to about $20 a day.

Charging for internet is pretty much standard in Asia Pacific and $20 is pretty reasonable for the region.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
"A" will cost you 200$, not "RA". And the internet is free for RA's
Old Sep 14, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.

I'm not sure if RA (which would cost me $200, but which I probably otherwise wouldn't use outside this hotel) comes with free internet
RA will get you free internet, however, you cannot buy it. Amb will not get you free internet.

Ever stayed in a European 5-star hotel? 20 - 40 Euro per day is usual.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:42 am

Sorry about the A versus the RA difference. I did mean A for $200. Not RA

When I was talking about the charge for internet, I was comparing the free internet that Hyatt provides platinum members, that Hilton provides gold members and diamond members, that Starwood offers platinum members and that Marriott offers for gold and platinum members.

So yes, some hotels do still charge extra for the internet service, but it seems more and more are offering service for free to elite members.

But as I said, I'm Intercontinental Platinum, not Royal Ambassador
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:13 am

When I was talking about the charge for internet, I was comparing the free internet that Hyatt provides platinum members, that Hilton provides gold members and diamond members, that Starwood offers platinum members and that Marriott offers for gold and platinum members.
Other program don't offer elite status for 200$ (or 100$ renewal), so the benefits have to be calculated with that in mind too.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 5:22 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
[...]

So yes, some hotels do still charge extra for the internet service, but it seems more and more are offering service for free to elite members.

I'm afraid, but Priority Club means nothing at ICs, you can be lucky they upgraded you. When comparing other programs, you need to compare IC RA, not PC Plat. These are two very different programs/tiers.
A PC Plat is ranks lower than a 200 USD Amb at an IC and won't get nothing guaranteed.
If you stay more often at ICs, you should consider buying up to AMB.

There are very cheap prepaid 3G data cards, look for the threads in the HK forum. Anyway, have a great stay in HK!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
When I was talking about the charge for internet...that Starwood offers platinum members
Royal Ambassador is roughly equivalent to Starwood Platinum. So IC and Starwood are exactly the same when it comes to free internet for elites.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Saturday / Sunday BOGO stay at IC Hong Kong last weekend. RA status. Booked 1 KING BED DELUXE HARBOR VIEW w/ upgrade to 1 KING BD EXECUTIVE STE FULL HARBOR VIEW. Checked in at 8 AM and checked out at 4 PM. Complimentary mini bar, Internet, newspaper, fresh fruit, welcome gift. The welcome gift was a nice package of writing paper. The fruit included the standard apples and oranges and bananas as well as star fruit and dragon fruit. *16 room with extraordinary view of the harbor! The room was very quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast and room service are an excellent value. The standard 10% service fee. No surprises! The staff are wonderful!

Book a harbor view if a harbor view is desired. Harbor view or not the hotel is very nice so do not hesitate to mix and match rooms to better accommodate the budget. The trip included a late arrival and early departure so the first night and the last night were award nights at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile to better accommodate the budget. A reward night the first night and and the last night at the IC HK would have been a much better option.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Sep 14, 2011 at 5:14 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I'm afraid, but Priority Club means nothing at ICs, you can be lucky they upgraded you. When comparing other programs, you need to compare IC RA, not PC Plat. These are two very different programs/tiers.
A PC Plat is ranks lower than a 200 USD Amb at an IC and won't get nothing guaranteed.
If you stay more often at ICs, you should consider buying up to AMB.

There are very cheap prepaid 3G data cards, look for the threads in the HK forum. Anyway, have a great stay in HK!
I got great IC treatment as a Plat, but that was all in China (when I was not RA nor AMB).
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Has anyone has any luck paying for an upgrade to a Harbor View lately? I have a reward stay coming up with a BOGO sandwiched in between. I've been upgraded to a Deluxe Jr Suite for the 2 BOGO nights but a superior plaza view for the other 3. An email to reservations was not warmly received and basically said despite being a RA there is nothing they will do (not even a paid upgrade on reward).
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Has anyone has any luck paying for an upgrade to a Harbor View lately? I have a reward stay coming up with a BOGO sandwiched in between. I've been upgraded to a Deluxe Jr Suite for the 2 BOGO nights but a superior plaza view for the other 3. An email to reservations was not warmly received and basically said despite being a RA there is nothing they will do (not even a paid upgrade on reward).
I've been offered paid upgrades on awards, between HKD1000 and HKD1600. I think it depends on occupancy and room type. I've never taken them up on it, and usually end up in an Exec Plaza room or minimal-view junior suite (xx48, I think) if it's a standalone award. If combined with a paid stay, they almost always let me keep the upgraded (xx16) room (I only had to move once this past year, and that was during a period of high occupancy). As a rule, I don't email them, they're not open to negotiating anything ahead of time, your best bet is dealing with this at checkin.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
I've been offered paid upgrades on awards, between HKD1000 and HKD1600. I think it depends on occupancy and room type. I've never taken them up on it, and usually end up in an Exec Plaza room or minimal-view junior suite (xx48, I think) if it's a standalone award. If combined with a paid stay, they almost always let me keep the upgraded (xx16) room (I only had to move once this past year, and that was during a period of high occupancy). As a rule, I don't email them, they're not open to negotiating anything ahead of time, your best bet is dealing with this at checkin.
Thanks JPDX. If it is HKD$1600 to go from a Superior Plaza to Deluxe Jr Suite I figure that isn't too bad on an award. If occupancy doesn't look too bad I'll give it a shot to offer HKD$2500 for an executive suite. I usually stay at the Hyatt TST but since the rates were similar and I had an extra BOGO, decided to give it a shot.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
To be fair, you say you are "nothing". IC Platinum will be earned by several here in the course of January 2012 for 2013. This status gives extra points, but do not expect any real benefits - simply be happy if you get some...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
simply be happy if you get some...
Well stated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.