Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
Just want to double check something.

Got no real status at present and looking at buying Ambassador memership for £132 approx ($200)
Planning a few days in Hong Kong so was looking at the IC for Fri/Sat to take advantage of the BOGOF certificate.

A deluxe room is coming in at £293/night advance (Friday).
Harbour £354.
Deluxe Harbour £375
King Deluxe Juinior Suite £457
etc + taxes

If I were to book say the deluxe room, would I be then guaranteed an upgrade or does occupancy affect this?
Would any upgrade from deluxe to be to standard harbour view room and harbour view room to the deluxe variant?

Or would it be better just to book the deluxe harbour view and go for the suite?
Expensive but averages out at £306/night (inc AMB cost).

What is the procedure with using the certificate as well (for this hotel and/or others if the same)? Mention it at the time of booking or just present it at check-in?
An upgrade is guarantee for an RA or an AMB on pay stays (including using BOGOF certificate) at ICs.

The easiest way to know what upgrade you could get as an AMB is to email the hotel directly.
Things might have changed recently, but for your information, below are their response to my email last June~

In regards of your inquiry, please find the room upgrade arrangement for our Ambassador members as follow for your consideration:

1. Deluxe Plaza View Room upgrade to Executive Plaza View Room (Pool View Room; 450 sq. ft.)
2. Executive Plaza View Room upgrade to Superior Harbour View Room (350 sq. ft.)
3. Superior Harbour View Room upgrade to Deluxe Harbour View Room (450 sq. ft.)
4. Deluxe Harbour View Room upgrade to Superior Junior Suite (studio suite with partial harbour view; 550 sq. ft.)
5. Superior Junior Suite upgrade to Deluxe Junior Suite (studio suite with full harbour view; 550 sq. ft.)

I have never seen the Executive Plaza View Room listed on the IC website site though...
My general understanding from this thread, is that if you want a Harbour view room you have to book a harbour view room, or pay extra to upgrade to a Harbour view room.

I am afraid that you have to book on the Ambassador Weekend Rate. Prices are more or less the same as Best Flexible Rate.
Also if you are Europe based, it will take 4 to 6 weeks for your Ambassador kit with the BOGOF to arrive..
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
So what's a partial harbour view? A glimpse of water between 2 skyscrapers?

Also is buying club access open to all or just for specific status members / room types?
And how much?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:54 pm

So what's a partial harbour view? A glimpse of water between 2 skyscrapers?

Also is buying club access open to all or just for specific status members / room types?
And how much?
The partial view junior suites are at the end of the building facing back (inland). The side window of the suite has harbor view, but facing either west or east. It is nowhere near as spectacular as the 'real' full harbor view you see in their usual pictures.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The partial view junior suites are at the end of the building facing back (inland). The side window of the suite has harbor view, but facing either west or east. It is nowhere near as spectacular as the 'real' full harbor view you see in their usual pictures.
Saw a video of the a junior suite on YouTube and the view didn't seem too bad.

Could probably get the full view from outside and save £££ by booking a cheaper room in that case.
Club wise, is there a way outside or do you get the view through the windows?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:42 am

Saw a video of the a junior suite on YouTube and the view didn't seem too bad.

Could probably get the full view from outside and save £££ by booking a cheaper room in that case.
Club wise, is there a way outside or do you get the view through the windows?
The club is above the lobby, windows are to the lobby area - you have a bit of a view thru the lobby area. You would be better off in the lobby lounge or the downstairs coffee shop.
I have not been there for a few month and don't know if anything has changed recently, but before you had to leave the hotel thru the main door, walk down to the street, make a left and a second left to get to the outside walkway in front of the hotel.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:26 am

Read a bit about the lobby being better and then looked at the price list. HKG$200 + 10% service charge for a sandwich! (£19ish).....no worse than room service in some places but I'm sure I could eat well for a fraction of that elsewhere.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:25 am

Read a bit about the lobby being better and then looked at the price list. HKG$200 + 10% service charge for a sandwich! (£19ish).....no worse than room service in some places but I'm sure I could eat well for a fraction of that elsewhere.
It is a bit OT, but:
If you are on a budget but still want to experience the view a few suggestions:
Walk along the harbor starting at the star ferry terminal.
Take the Star Ferry (nobody says anything when you don't get off and take the same ferry back)
Eat at the Chinese restaurant inside the cultural center (they have tables with a great view and prices are very reasonable, good Dim Sum for lunch)

The IC is a high end hotel and charges accordingly.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:06 pm

Is there something special, or not, about the IC at New Year?

Looking at prices / reward nights and:
30th Dec - 2nd Jan

IC:
from £566 a night or 35k points + $70

Grand Standford IC:
from £237 a night or 40k points + $70.

You're not going to get a harbour view room at for a redemption or the cheapest rate anyway so why pay more than double at the IC in cash when the reward night rate is cheaperto buy points for?

Last edited by xenole; Mar 2, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Is there something special, or not, about the IC at New Year?

[...]
Of course, you have a perfect view on the fireworks from your room without having to stand on the walk of stars for hours.

Furthermore, you can always book a more expensive room to get harbor view, or upgrade your award reservation with cash - that won't be cheap on New Year's though.

Really, this is an expensive hotel. There are the YMCA and Sheraton with some views that might better suit one's budget.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:42 am

I know about the fireworks but I was wondering why the IC is charging more than double the amount of the GS when neither room will give any sort of view so you would have to pay loads to upgrade or go outside anyway (yet points wise is cheaper therefore giving the impression that they are less likely to sell rooms with no view)?

It's a third of the price to buy the points for a reward stay which makes it a bargain for those nights.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
I am looking for some advice for the IC HKG. I understand that on award stays for RAs I should not expect an upgrade at all, can anyone confirm or deny that?

I am considering doing the following - booking a deluxe harbor view for the 1st night of my stay with upgrade to full view junior suite (confirmed in an email from the hotel), and then 2 nights following that booked with points. Does anyone have any experience doing it this way, will they force me to move rooms or offer me a middle group of some sort like the deluxe harbor view for the whole time? Any insight or advice about this specific property is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by jonecasey
I am looking for some advice for the IC HKG. I understand that on award stays for RAs I should not expect an upgrade at all, can anyone confirm or deny that?

I am considering doing the following - booking a deluxe harbor view for the 1st night of my stay with upgrade to full view junior suite (confirmed in an email from the hotel), and then 2 nights following that booked with points. Does anyone have any experience doing it this way, will they force me to move rooms or offer me a middle group of some sort like the deluxe harbor view for the whole time? Any insight or advice about this specific property is much appreciated.
I don't know if we can tell you for sure. You can call the reservations mgr to find out probably. But I can say that your method is the best. Put the paid nights first and dare the hotel to downgrade you. I would guess that you would keep your upgraded room, but benefits like free mini-bar would not be extended on the award nights.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: F

Thanks in advance!
My reading of others' experiences suggests you may be disappointed.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't know if we can tell you for sure. You can call the reservations mgr to find out probably. But I can say that your method is the best. Put the paid nights first and dare the hotel to downgrade you. I would guess that you would keep your upgraded room, but benefits like free mini-bar would not be extended on the award nights.
normally i expect this to be the case and have done this in the past with no problem. but i have heard such bad stories about this specific IC on RA treatment that I was hoping someone had experience?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:02 pm

normally i expect this to be the case and have done this in the past with no problem. but i have heard such bad stories about this specific IC on RA treatment that I was hoping someone had experience?
I believe they move you when you reserve different rooms. Also upgrades (doubt that they will happen on points) will be room size, not from non-view to view

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.