Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 5:43 am

Hi all, thanks for all the data in the thread, Have to say were most IC's are totally clear on 'what is'...and 'what's not' included...good or bad, IC HKG seems hugely complicated.

Has anyone tried booking higher grade suites end of 03.2014? Nothing is available and no-one seems to, or wants to give a clear answer why? Exec suite harbour view seems the limit. I asked repeatedly why and never an answer, only that "there is no special event in town" or "cannot accommodate your request at this stage"

I don't mind as such and given the insane price tag then I don't think we will going any past Exec suite anyway but the option would be nice. Curious if anyone knows why that might be?

We have RA and of course would have liked to booked Exec (even at HKG 6450!) and gotten the uplift but looks like that isn't going to fly.

Have to say is the first time I ever lost the will to live making an IC booking!
Old Aug 12, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Hi all, thanks for all the data in the thread, Have to say were most IC's are totally clear on 'what is'...and 'what's not' included...good or bad, IC HKG seems hugely complicated.

Has anyone tried booking higher grade suites end of 03.2014? Nothing is available and no-one seems to, or wants to give a clear answer why? Exec suite harbour view seems the limit. I asked repeatedly why and never an answer, only that "there is no special event in town" or "cannot accommodate your request at this stage"
Did you try calling the hotel? Other than the two (I think) Superior suites, there are only the ultra high end suites which are not included in any upgrade scheme. So yes Exec Suite Harbor is the limit. And I would not be surprised if the high end suites are booked out in March, with business starting back up after CNY.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 6:33 am

Hi Stimpy, yes it seems they simply are not allowed to say. Had emails and conversations and they apologise but will not say.

Didn't realise the top end stuff was off the radar on the upgrade route. Think I must have led a bit of charmed life then so far....maybe better I'm not asking then, it may spoil a long standing run of good luck
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Paid upgrade to Harbor View Room?

Searched the thread, but didn't find anything on this...

The wife and I have one night in Hong Kong and are looking to get a harbor view room on an award stay.

Does the IC HK ever upgrade ambassadors to a harbor view room on an award night? (sounds like no from the thread)

Failing that, can we pay to upgrade to a harbor view from an award night?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wanderlustre
Searched the thread, but didn't find anything on this...

The wife and I have one night in Hong Kong and are looking to get a harbor view room on an award stay.

Does the IC HK ever upgrade ambassadors to a harbor view room on an award night? (sounds like no from the thread)

Failing that, can we pay to upgrade to a harbor view from an award night?
This question has been asked umpteen times. Even a RA won't be upgraded from NHV to HV. Simply drop them an email and they will be happy to make a cash offer
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This question has been asked umpteen times. Even a RA won't be upgraded from NHV to HV. Simply drop them an email and they will be happy to make a cash offer
I e-mailed them awhile back with this precise question and got an offer to upgrade to the tune of HK$1,200 for Superior Harbour View Room or HK$1,600 for Deluxe Harbour View Room +10% service charge.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
I e-mailed them awhile back with this precise question and got an offer to upgrade to the tune of HK$1,200 for Superior Harbour View Room or HK$1,600 for Deluxe Harbour View Room +10% service charge.
Being a plain ambassador I would pay for the cash upgrade to a deluxe HV room and ask for a further upgrade....
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Thanks - I'll give it a shot and report back if the offer is any different.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Inquired about upgrading from Superior Plaza to Superior Harbor View. Given a quote of 1500HKD +10% service charge and 980HKD for Club Access for 1 person.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does this place charge for a 3rd person in the room on a reward stay?

The site allows for a reward booking in the superior room with 3 people, but it doesn't note the bed type and if a 3rd person fee.

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Are there any issues with construction or renovation noise at the ICHK?

Checking rewards nights;

ICGS, 50k per night, ICHK 45k per night, CPCB, 45k.

I have stayed at the Gs and ICHK before as a RA, but now downgraded to Platinum Ambassador. Perhaps I should give the CP a go?

Thoughts please?

Globalist
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
I just had a great stay at the GS. Like you, recently downgraded from RA to Plat A.

I booked the basic room online and had it upgraded to Side Harbour View Premier. The hotel management also offered an upgrade to a junior suite with club intercon access for a very marginal amount. The total price i paid amounted to about a 50% discount off the price of the Junior Suite best available rate .

We were very well treated, all the staff we encountered were excellent. And unless you're paying for a suite at ICHK or really have never seen the view before, imho, there is no reason to stay at ICHK if you can get a good deal at GS. The service is just as good, if not better (without attitude at GS!).
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Globalist
Are there any issues with construction or renovation noise at the ICHK?

Checking rewards nights;

ICGS, 50k per night, ICHK 45k per night, CPCB, 45k.

I have stayed at the Gs and ICHK before as a RA, but now downgraded to Platinum Ambassador. Perhaps I should give the CP a go?

Thoughts please?

Globalist
If you're looking for great value or cheap rates/point rates, consider CP Kowloon east. All benefits given on reward stays (20k) plus free breakfast for plats, 4 stops to North Point, but arguably far from TST - as I have reported not too long ago in the PC experience thread (and that's where I am staying right now).

CP on HK Island is good as well and has better rooms than the IC GS.

To keep this thread on topic, I think after the devaluation, both ICs with 315 USD and 350 USD per night in equivalent points currency respectively are thoroughly overpriced for reward nights.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Sep 30, 2013 at 5:00 am
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
If you're looking for great value or cheap rates/point rates, consider CP Kowloon east. All benefits given on reward stays (20k) plus free breakfast for plats, 4 stops to North Point, but arguably far from TST - as I have reported not too long ago in the PC experience thread (and that's where I am staying right now).

CP on HK Island is good as well and has better rooms than the IC GS.

To keep this thread on topic, I think after the devaluation, both ICs with 315 USD and 350 USD per night in equivalent points currency respectively are thoroughly overpriced for reward nights.
Thanks Chinatrvl, always like reading your updates!

The CP Kowloon East does seem a bit far especially as it is a leisure trip around XMas. Also not all nights are available on reward points. Torn between the CP Causeway Bay which I have not visited before, or the ICHK where we probably get the crappiest room with no view on reward nights as an ambassador?

Both properties are 45k points per night though..

The ICGS is a nice place, last time I stayed there i found it slightly dated but no attitude like ICHK. But then at 50k ponts I would choose the better connected CPCB.

Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.