Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Here's the response I got from IC HK, which seem to be a form letter, so probably this is their general policy.

In regards of your request, we regret to inform you that Ambassador upgrade would not be applicable for the reservation under "Priority Club Reward Night" program. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

Further to your request of a harbour view room, we are delighted to offer upgrade to Superior Harbour View Room with daily supplementary charge of HK$1,000 daily plus 10% service charge for accommodation only.

Also, we would like to introduce the Club InterContinental (our Executive Lounge) is an exclusive haven for business and leisure, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and personalized business and concierge services in a spacious and luxurious, but private setting. Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$1100, plus 10% service charge per room per night for double occupancy. Please refer to the attached fact sheet for your reference.
i guess thats why I book Grand Stanford I pay less than HK1000 and get Lounge or suite and often both.
I dont like the Sheraton, and really enjoy the W,but no lounge at the W, but they always give me suites.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Every RA knows that the IC HK gives you a two category upgrade. And they are more than consitent and upgrade to the best suites too. So if you only book the cheapest room, don't expect too much. You cannot be serious and expect full harbour view for the price of a city view room in Hong Kong
looking at this thread lots of RA dont know they cheat and give a two category upgrade. Also if that is the policy they should tell a RA when we book.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by why fly
looking at this thread lots of RA dont know they cheat and give a two category upgrade. Also if that is the policy they should tell a RA when we book.
I don't see how upgrading according to the T&Cs is cheating - IC HK does even more than required by upgrading to superior and deluxe harbour view rooms (i.e. two level upgrading).

If you look at the room list, it should be very clear that the most likely upgrade from the cheapest room is an executive room and not an executive suite - just like in Bangkok and plenty of other locations.

Furthermore, if you had been to the "cheapest room" and an executive room you'd realize that this is a real upgrade and not some "fake category".

They will tell you their detailed upgrade policy whenever you email them - and you have to do the same for any other hotel to find out about upgrades beyond what is guaranteed in the T&Cs. Sidenote, neither Shenzhen nor Bangkok (you need to book an exec room to get one, otherwise, you get an exec room just like in HKG) normally give suite upgrades when booking the cheapest category.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Jan 5, 2011 at 1:20 pm
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
If you look at the room list, it should be very clear that the most likely upgrade from the cheapest room is an executive room and not an executive suite - just like in Bangkok and plenty of other locations.
While I agree with you about HKG and BKK, you must realize that at many other IC's, and Starwood's, you will get an executive suite or Club room from the cheapest booking (if available).
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by stimpy
While I agree with you about HKG and BKK, you must realize that at many other IC's, and Starwood's, you will get an executive suite or Club room from the cheapest booking (if available).
Whilst I agree that many ICs give suite upgrades, one should be aware that whenever there's an executive room, there is a good chance that an RA will end up in one - there are numerous (infamous) examples beyond BKK and HKG.

And a club room is simply not available at IC HKG.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BD *S, PC Plat, BW Gold, SPG
Here's the response I got from IC HK, which seem to be a form letter, so probably this is their general policy.

In regards of your request, we regret to inform you that Ambassador upgrade would not be applicable for the reservation under "Priority Club Reward Night" program. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

Further to your request of a harbour view room, we are delighted to offer upgrade to Superior Harbour View Room with daily supplementary charge of HK$1,000 daily plus 10% service charge for accommodation only.

Also, we would like to introduce the Club InterContinental (our Executive Lounge) is an exclusive haven for business and leisure, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and personalized business and concierge services in a spacious and luxurious, but private setting. Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$1100, plus 10% service charge per room per night for double occupancy. Please refer to the attached fact sheet for your reference.
I have a reward booking made. Do I have to contact the hotel in advance and request the paid upgrade to a harbour view room or can it be paid at check in?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Of the two ICs, what is the better IC for leisure? Price is also a factor, I understand that the Stanford one is cheaper?

(If this has been already discussed, would you point me out to the discussion?)
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GigoloArt
Of the two ICs, what is the better IC for leisure? Price is also a factor, I understand that the Stanford one is cheaper?

(If this has been already discussed, would you point me out to the discussion?)
Well they are only a few hundred meters apart, so not much difference in location. The main IC is closer to the metro lines. And if you go to the IC website and plug in your dates, you will see the pricing difference. Unless you have some special corporate discount, you will find the main IC to be much more expensive.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I don't see how upgrading according to the T&Cs is cheating - IC HK does even more than required by upgrading to superior and deluxe harbour view rooms (i.e. two level upgrading).

Furthermore, if you had been to the "cheapest room" and an executive room you'd realize that this is a real upgrade and not some "fake category".
I have stayed at more than 25 IC's over the years and without a doubt the IC Hong Kong is the WORST for upgrades.
PS their executive room is JUST a regular room with a fancy name. Its a CON job for suckers.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Interflug_DDR
I have a reward booking made. Do I have to contact the hotel in advance and request the paid upgrade to a harbour view room or can it be paid at check in?
with a reward stay this IC will treat you as a second class citizen.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by why fly
with a reward stay this IC will treat you as a second class citizen.
I concur.

I have had some correspondence with the hotel to check the different options I have to stay at de luxe harbour view

0/ Book de luxe harbour view at 3200+ HKD/night

1/ Amb free night certificate - very good, upgraded from superior to deluxe without even asking. 3000HKD/2 nights = 1500 HKD/night ^

2/ Friends & Family - no Ambassador privileges (confirmed by the hotel in writing!) Options Superior harbour view at 1600HKD or Deluxe harbour view at 2100HKD/night

3/ Reward night - only superior plaza view bookable at 40k points/night. No Amb privileges. Upgrade to superior harbour view +1000HKD/night or to deluxe harbour view 1600 HKD/night

In all, F&F for 2100HKD vs Reward nights for 1600HKD + 40k points. Anyone ready to part with 40k points to save 500HK (50 eur,65 usd)? No, I didn't think so.

(the prices quoted are without taxes and for the specific days I am interested, so YMMV)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: VA Gold, IML Gold (*G), Accor Gold
I concur.

I have had some correspondence with the hotel to check the different options I have to stay at de luxe harbour view

0/ Book de luxe harbour view at 3200+ HKD/night

1/ Amb free night certificate - very good, upgraded from superior to deluxe without even asking. 3000HKD/2 nights = 1500 HKD/night ^

2/ Friends & Family - no Ambassador privileges (confirmed by the hotel in writing!) Options Superior harbour view at 1600HKD or Deluxe harbour view at 2100HKD/night

3/ Reward night - only superior plaza view bookable at 40k points/night. No Amb privileges. Upgrade to superior harbour view +1000HKD/night or to deluxe harbour view 1600 HKD/night

In all, F&F for 2100HKD vs Reward nights for 1600HKD + 40k points. Anyone ready to part with 40k points to save 500HK (50 eur,65 usd)? No, I didn't think so.

(the prices quoted are without taxes and for the specific days I am interested, so YMMV)
This was one of the reasons I chose the GS IC for my stay this month. You can keep your upgraded room for free on rewards if you've already booked a paid stay and the reward nights are linked to the revenue stay. The IC looks like a great hotel but looked a bit pricey to book on a rewards basis.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by stimpy
The main IC is closer to the metro lines.
I also like the ability to walk (mostly indoors) to the ferry terminal from the IC HK; and the Harbour in front and accessible instead of across a multi-lane highway.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:03 am

I stayed at the IC Hong Kong on points and had a great stay.

Was welcomed by the manager, offered a harbour view room for a nominal fee (not the amount being quoted here, about the cost of 1 breakfast at the IC) after I emailed them, and received complementary mini-bar.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cdp88
This was one of the reasons I chose the GS IC for my stay this month. You can keep your upgraded room for free on rewards if you've already booked a paid stay and the reward nights are linked to the revenue stay. The IC looks like a great hotel but looked a bit pricey to book on a rewards basis.
Normally the GS would be OK, but this is a special occasion (round number anniversary), it must be the IC - must make an impression on the missus! I wasn't that impressed with the view from the GS either, prefer the "full frontal" of the IC
Probably will cancel the reward part and book F&F and use the points much more effectively elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.