Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-S8000/S8000XXIG3 SHP/VPP/R5 Jasmine/1.0 Nextreaming SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by jpdx
Originally Posted by gleff
To be clear what does one need to book here as an RA to get Harbor View with club access? (And at the risk of being off-topic, would also like to know what one needs to book for view/club at the Grand Stanford?)
The IC HK does not grant club access for free. If you want to have club access, you can either book a rate that includes it (they sometimes have "free club" specials on Best Flex rate), or pay the club supplement on arrival. To receive a harbor view, you need to book a harbor view (upgrades are given only to higher rooms within the same view category).

For GS HK, you will typically either receive a room with harbor view and club access or a suite with city view without club.
You do not necessarily have to book a harbour view room to get harbour view as upgrade. a view posts above, I quoted the hotel's reply which states for harbour view deluxe, booking an executive room is enough. I assume this policy is still up to date. You can prearrange your upgrade at this hotel and this is what I'd recommend everyone to do.

Edit: i assume gleff is RA, whoch I can't see on mobile ft.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by why fly
A two grade upgrade is "nothing" but city view with a small room. since the hotel doesn't give upgrades then I expected a Club Lounge, NOT
interesting this hotel is one of the few corporate OWNED hotels.
It is true that some properties owned by IHG are not the most generous with RA (London, Paris, Hong Kong), but some are:
- IC Barclay: no club lounge (as there is none) but generally upgrade to large suites
- IC Mark Hopkins, IC Montreal, IC Buckhead Atlanta: upgrades to suite or executive rooms with club access
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Exclamation HK IC.

Originally Posted by gleff
To be clear what does one need to book here as an RA to get Harbor View with club access? (And at the risk of being off-topic, would also like to know what one needs to book for view/club at the Grand Stanford?)
I always book a King Size room, never anything else.

the HK IC give you a two level upgrade... its NOTHING! for a RA. They call the room EXECUTIVE to get around IC's rules but, its just a small crummy room with no view.

the IC Grand Stanford gives suites or Club lounge to RA and if you go for club lounge you get a harbor view. The club lounge is AMAZING.

In the last 18 months I have got suites here.

all 3 IC in Shanghai
Chicago BOTH
Bangkok
Grand Stanford
NY
Atlanta [maybe 2 years ago]
San Francisco both
London
Paris
Montreal
BOTH in Toronto
Shenzhen
Delhi
Bali..WOW this place was over the top monster suite
Foshan China
Singapore
Hanoi
Saigon
Wellington
Sydney
JOHANNESBURG
Rio
Sao Paulo
Santiago
Monterey [WOW amazing suites]

The treatment at the Hong Kong IC, was the worst of all IC hotels I have stayed at. Perhaps their arrogance was the biggest part of the problem, they really just don't care, they are going to sell out most night and are not afraid to tell you.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The treatment at the Hong Kong IC, was the worst of all IC hotels I have stayed at. Perhaps their arrogance was the biggest part of the problem, they really just don't care, they are going to sell out most night and are not afraid to tell you.
I can add a bunch more IC's to your list and the answer is still the same. The Hong Kong IC is the worst at meeting RA expectations. I try them once a year or so, hoping they will improve. I will be there again very soon, using a BOGO. I do not expect any upgrade, nor do I expect them to refill the mini-bar on the 2nd day. I hope I have lowered my expectations enough.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I always book a King Size room, never anything else. the HK IC give you a two level upgrade... its NOTHING! for a RA. They call the room EXECUTIVE to get around IC's rules but, its just a small crummy room with no view.
Every RA knows that the IC HK gives you a two category upgrade. And they are more than consitent and upgrade to the best suites too. So if you only book the cheapest room, don't expect too much. You cannot be serious and expect full harbour view for the price of a city view room in Hong Kong

the IC Grand Stanford gives suites or Club lounge to RA and if you go for club lounge you get a harbor view. The club lounge is AMAZING.

In the last 18 months I have got suites here [...].

In the last 18 months I have great suites at the IC Hong Kong, however, I am not stingy and the hotel is not stingy. This is a win-win situation.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I can add a bunch more IC's to your list and the answer is still the same. The Hong Kong IC is the worst at meeting RA expectations. I try them once a year or so, hoping they will improve. I will be there again very soon, using a BOGO. I do not expect any upgrade, nor do I expect them to refill the mini-bar on the 2nd day. I hope I have lowered my expectations enough.
I returned last week from HKG, had booked a deluxe harbour view room on stay and dine and received on a BOGO staya deluxe harbour view suite and suite restaurant credit. I cannot complain.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Every RA knows that the IC HK gives you a two category upgrade. And they are more than consitent and upgrade to the best suites too. So if you only book the cheapest room, don't expect too much. You cannot be serious and expect full harbour view for the price of a city view room in Hong Kong

In the last 18 months I have great suites at the IC Hong Kong, however, I am not stingy and the hotel is not stingy. This is a win-win situation.
Fully agree! You can get spectacular rooms at this property.

Arrange your upgrade in advance: Email them, fix your upgrade and don't be disappointed.

If you expect them to give you a deluxe harbour view (junior) suite for booking the cheapest rooms, I do think you need to lower your expectations.

The minibar is replenished daily, sometimes twice.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:22 pm

Another in agreement - had a great stay here with an amazing harbour view from the top floor - I knew from this forum that to get a harbour view you need to book a harbour view and I emailed the hotel to confirm which category to book (also agreed the additional fee to get harbour view on a reward night...first time in Hong Kong so was worth every $)
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You cannot be serious and expect full harbour view for the price of a city view room in Hong Kong.
I can at the Sheraton. I've always gotten a platinum upgrade to a full harbor view suite on booking the cheapest room. Of course the IC is a much better overall hotel, but the Sheraton treats their elites better.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I have at the Sheraton as well. And in the Towers section an SPG Plat basically has choice of harbor view or suite when booking city view, and the Towes section is a big step up from the basic hotel IMHO.

And of course we've discussed the upgrades at the IC Grand Stanford, more generous than IC Hong Kong. Perhaps not quite the hotel at the IC Hong KOng is, but seems clearly better value proposition for RAs, no?

And how about the Conrad? Hilton Diamonds tend to get harbor view and of course their nice lounge as well on a basic room booking, including on awards.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can at the Sheraton. I've always gotten a platinum upgrade to a full harbor view suite on booking the cheapest room. Of course the IC is a much better overall hotel, but the Sheraton treats their elites better.
Sorry to disagree.

I know this property pretty well (as I know most of the Hong Kong hotels from my time there pretty well) and still use the Towers section as this offers great value for money. Conrad is great, however, I prefer to be on the wrong side (Kowloon).

I wonder where the Sheraton has "full harbor view suites".

I know the two suites with a partial harbor view in the Towers section facing the Pen but the Sheraton has certainly nothing comparable to the IC. Amd the regular "upgrade suites" have a perfect Kowloon view. And I rarely experienced a free upgrade from the general hotel to the Towers section. The general hotel is nothing to write home about, too many packaged tour tourists. Again: The IC treats its elites perfectly, however, not the elites that expect to spend 2000 HKD per night. The IC simply plays in a different league compared to the Sheraton and when booking a 4000 HKD suite I normally get an upgrade to a 12000 HKD suite. And this is something to write home about.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know the two suites with a partial harbor view in the Towers section facing the Pen but the Sheraton has certainly nothing comparable to the IC. Amd the regular "upgrade suites" have a perfect Kowloon view. And I rarely experienced a free upgrade from the general hotel to the Towers section. The general hotel is nothing to write home about, too many packaged tour tourists. Again: The IC treats its elites perfectly, however, not the elites that expect to spend 2000 HKD per night. The IC simply plays in a different league compared to the Sheraton and when booking a 4000 HKD suite I normally get an upgrade to a 12000 HKD suite. And this is something to write home about.
I wasn't talking about Towers. I have never booked Towers and the Sheraton doesn't, IME upgrade to Towers. But they do have a few non-Towers rooms that have great harbor views. I can't recall the room numbers, but maybe if you ask the GM or somebody willing to show you, you can find out. And I will state a qualifier which is the bulk of my Sheraton stays were back in the 90's. Maybe things have changed recently?

And IME the IC doesn't treat elites well even if paying over 3000 per night. And the IC HKG is one of the worst in the chain for reward stays. But like I said above, the IC is a much better overall hotel. We agree about that.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I will state a qualifier which is the bulk of my Sheraton stays were back in the 90's. Maybe things have changed recently?
We are in agreement. I was only confused about the full harbour view suites. Certainly there are plenty of nice harbour view rooms (albeit Sheraton quality and not IC quality). I dont't know about point stays, I hardly ever stay on points - too much business travel to chain hotels anyway.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Here's the response I got from IC HK, which seem to be a form letter, so probably this is their general policy.

In regards of your request, we regret to inform you that Ambassador upgrade would not be applicable for the reservation under "Priority Club Reward Night" program. Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

Further to your request of a harbour view room, we are delighted to offer upgrade to Superior Harbour View Room with daily supplementary charge of HK$1,000 daily plus 10% service charge for accommodation only.

Also, we would like to introduce the Club InterContinental (our Executive Lounge) is an exclusive haven for business and leisure, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and personalized business and concierge services in a spacious and luxurious, but private setting. Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$1100, plus 10% service charge per room per night for double occupancy. Please refer to the attached fact sheet for your reference.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Have had people had any luck booking a deluxe harbour view junior suite and being upgraded to something better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.