Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Stayed last week at IC PNH on PBs

4 nights, "upgraded" to corner room. Same deluxe king

Broadband in room was free for Ambs

Nothing else was given.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Numerous posts reference "PB". What is a "PB"?

By the way, I'm now staying at the PNH IC. I'm only a platinum, but got upgraded to the Executive Floor. I'll stay here for another two nights.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I am going to say it again, but I feel that using PB's at IC Phnom Penh is waste of money. I was just there for three nights and the RA treatment was exactly the same as on my all previous paid stays, although didn't get their presidential this time.

- Suite
- RA Amenity
- Lounge Access
- Internet

You can find the video of the junior suite I had as well as about 150 other hotels on my http://youtube.com/loyaltylobby channel.

Here's the direct link for the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKR0X9Pvis
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Siambob
What is a "PB"?
Hi Bob,

PB is PointBreak
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by holtju2
I am going to say it again, but I feel that using PB's at IC Phnom Penh is waste of money.
Why?? The IC Phnom Penh isn't an expensive hotel but if you want or need to be in town then 5K points is a pretty good trade against the $120+ or so cost of a room there.

OK, factoring in the points/credits for a paid stay, I can see that it might be worth using cash rather than points for someone worried about reaching requalification levels.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

OK, factoring in the points/credits for a paid stay, I can see that it might be worth using cash rather than points for someone worried about reaching requalification levels.
I always take into account all the promotions and prorate the Ambassador accelerator etc. On average, I have been earning 7K to 8K per night/stay because my stays tend to be short. Also this specific stay qualified for the weekend $75 MasterCard rebate and will get some cashback as well.

+ all the RA benefits apply as it was a paid stay.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
They won't take a foreigner for less than 3 or 4 USD IC <--> riverside, and probably first give you a price around 6 to 8 USD that you need to haggle down.

Cab and tuk tuks at the airport are fixed price - you need to buy a voucher before leaving the arrival hall (can't miss). The hotel offers a car (Toyota) for 20 USD. Taxis seem fine; I've so far always opted for an arranged transfer, though.
The hotel is now offering a Hyundai Sonata 2012 (3people in maximum) for $25 +10 % VAT so $27.50 considering the airport is still $12 ....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:44 am

Has this hotel been refurbished?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Shimon
Has this hotel been refurbished?
From reading the last reviews on the hotel website I would rather say no for the interior. For the exterior its a clear NO.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:16 am

Second Prize is Sixteen Nights

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
8 nights @ IC Phnom Penh @ 40,000 points. Delta award travel to/from via KE in low. Oh so happy.
Seriously, what will you do for eight nights in PP? I spent two nights there a few years ago, and when my guide dropped me at the hotel, he advised me to stay there till our next scheduled meeting.
Having traveled the world, I recently gave a speech on the worst places on the planet. I ranked PP 2d worst, after Auschwitz. Hard to grab a big lunch after an excursion to the Killing Fields!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lf tom
Seriously, what will you do for eight nights in PP? I spent two nights there a few years ago, and when my guide dropped me at the hotel, he advised me to stay there till our next scheduled meeting.
Having traveled the world, I recently gave a speech on the worst places on the planet. I ranked PP 2d worst, after Auschwitz. Hard to grab a big lunch after an excursion to the Killing Fields!
Yep, have to agree, 8 nights is overkill, unless you are there to master the language and indulge in the "cuisine"!!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yep, have to agree, 8 nights is overkill, unless you are there to master the language and indulge in the "cuisine"!!
OR looking to get 8 nights of IC stays?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lf tom
Boy you are missing something. Never listen to guides when it comes to "your safety". They are always way too overprotective. Or they want to steer you to places where they get kickbacks. I hate guides. They all told me to avoid the independence celebrations in PNH but I wisely ignored them and had the time of my life. Just go wandering around! 8 days is long for casual tourism, but why not dig deep? Check out this old trip report http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...o-sjc-lax.html
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Miles&More IHG
Originally Posted by stimpy
Boy you are missing something. Never listen to guides when it comes to "your safety". They are always way too overprotective. Or they want to steer you to places where they get kickbacks. I hate guides. They all told me to avoid the independence celebrations in PNH but I wisely ignored them and had the time of my life. Just go wandering around! 8 days is long for casual tourism, but why not dig deep? Check out this old trip report http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...o-sjc-lax.html
I second that... never listen to the guides... they are always on commision.. everywhere... be it cambodia, panama or russia or anywhere else out of the western comfort zone. (exception being an italian-ecuadorian guide in quito once)

If you can do stuff alone.. do them alone...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:37 am

I won't bother to respond to the ad hominem attack.
Suffice it to say if your idea of a good time is coming face to face with 8,000 skulls, then PP is for you. Enjoy. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...vcambodia.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.