Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Deep redemption discounts in some locations & dynamic award pricing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deep redemption discounts in some locations & dynamic award pricing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:53 pm

Saw that today, I feel very good at using degraded free night awards here. La Peer, we will see you in July.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by BaconSF
seeing the dynamic award in effect for California.

Booked:
The clement monterey for 40k
kimptom goodland for 22.5k
chatsworth hotel for 12.5k

amazing value, blowing all my points during this sale
I reckon I'm going to blow what's left of mine on a European road trip in the next month or two.

This is good stuff. I have just seen the CP Zürich and IC Vienna for 17.5k. Lots of 10k CP options in various European cities too.

I can't see things getting this good again.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I'm loving this! I redeemed well over a million points -- some likely-to-happen trips here in Europe for 2020, and some speculative travel to Asia/OZ in 2021. Some countries in Asia are still on the old system (e.g., Thailand, Indonesia, HK), but there are some insane deals in the rest of Asia and Europe. IC Danang at 40k, IC Sydney 35k, IC Osaka 30k points, ICs in Tokyo 25k points, IC Fiji 25k, ICs in SIN 20k, Indigo Paris 30k, countless CP/Indigo/HI in London/Paris/etc at 12.5-25k. A bunch of decent Regent deals, too, Berlin and SIN at 27.5k.

And of course those crazy low rates are just the quoted standard price; if you stay 4 nights and have both credit cards and Amb status, you save an extra 40%: IC Osaka at 20k points, IC Danang at 24k points, and IC SIN at 12k points a night -- pretty incredible!

I'm really glad that this hasn't been super widely advertized, but even with relatively little attention over the last week, I've already seen a lot of fluctuation and increases. I can't say that I understand how the dynamic pricing works; there seem to be 3-4 price levels at most hotels -- super low, medium-low, medium, and standard (e.g., 17.5k, 22.5k, 27.5k, and 40k). I suspect at some point, we'll also see pricing above a property's standard rate (say, 50k and 70k in the example).

What a fantastic deal! IMO, this certainly is the time to book. In all likelihood, dynamic pricing will not work in our favor once the travel market improves. So enjoy the fire sale discounts while you can. In addition to the deals, now's a good time to stay at IHG hotels anyway -- due to Corona, benefits are limited (restaurants/lounges closed, etc) at all chains, so why pay more to stay at a Marriott or Hyatt?!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I also grabbed 3 nights in Vienna in 2021 hoping we'll be able to go by then. Rates do vary widely though and I wish I had seen 17.5k points, but rather booked at a still decent 27.5k points for our dates when paid rates are around 250€ per night at that time for a Classic room.

Of course, if our company rate of ~100€ a night returns / gets extended in 2021 (incl. breakfast) then I'll switch over to cash again. YMMV.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Found the Singapore IC for 21,875/night. But I opted for the HI Express Clark Quay for 18,750. I like doing my own laundry, the rooftop pool at the Express is better, and the views of downtown from
the rooms are better.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by sleuth
Found the Singapore IC for 21,875/night. But I opted for the HI Express Clark Quay for 18,750. I like doing my own laundry, the rooftop pool at the Express is better, and the views of downtown from
the rooms are better.
21,875 is crazy good. I walked by the IC a lot on my walks and the location was pretty damn good.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
21,875 is crazy good. I walked by the IC a lot on my walks and the location was pretty damn good.
I agree it’s quite amazing but I’m just more a fan of the Express at Clark Quay, which is also in a great location. The rooftop pool at Express is fantastic.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
For booking between 30-DEC to 02-JAN, that's dirt cheap

Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Booked IC San Diego for 30k a night in September. Thanks Flyertalk!
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
4 nights at HIE Zion for 65k w/4th night free. Normally 40k per night.
I love how Marriott wants 60k for one night at the Springhill next door.
sobore and Sandeep1 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sleuth
the rooms are better.
Laundry be damned, I'd go for the IC no doubts. Alas, I'm not staying so go for what works best for you.
happychic and Sandeep1 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Also saw the IC Monterey @ 40k and switched my BOGO to one night free stay x 2 rooms = free!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by demue
Laundry be damned, I'd go for the IC no doubts. Alas, I'm not staying so go for what works best for you.
Ha i'm very picky with laundry.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:43 am

Thanks

So I have basic IHG card, so assume I'm not eligible for 4 for 3 nights, unless I upgrade. Are most of these award nights refundable? Know we will be needing a few random nights in nyc to check on things, and have a decent amt of points.
With the annual free night are they limited to a certain category.?
TIA
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
So I have basic IHG card, so assume I'm not eligible for 4 for 3 nights, unless I upgrade. Are most of these award nights refundable? Know we will be needing a few random nights in nyc to check on things, and have a decent amt of points.
With the annual free night are they limited to a certain category.?
TIA
Yes these lower priced awards are refundable just like the traditionally priced ones. I got a date wrong with my first booking and cancelled it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.