Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: IHG Rewards Club & InterContinental Ambassador membership extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: blindman
UPDATE - 23rd April 2020

Status will be extended through to January 2022 (please wait for it to reflect in accounts. IHG say this will happen 'in the coming weeks'

Spire members will receive another choice benefit

See this post for links to IHG page https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32317728-post77.html

12th March 2020 Change in Requalification Requirement for IHG Status

In regard to the situation with the ongoing Coronavirus, IHG Rewards Club changed the requirment for earnng and requalification of Rewards Club Status

Gold: 7000 points / 7 nights (regular 10000 points / 10 nights)
Platinum: 30000 points / 30 nights (regular 40000 points / 40 nights)
Spire: 55000 points / 55 nights (regular 75000 points / 75 nights)

Link: https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/customer-care/travel-advisory

Please note, that IHG also mentions, that it may take up to 4 weeks until the updated information is available in the account overview.

Ambassador Status: extended for 3 months (China seems to be 6 months)
Royal Ambassador: will be extended through January 2022. The thread about this is here

For discussion of an extension of the Ambassador free night certificate see this thread.

For discussion on cancellations of stays (general bookings) see this thread.
For discusson on cancelations of stay in regard to events, conference, etc which are canceled, see this thread.

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus: IHG Rewards Club & InterContinental Ambassador membership extension

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by ninjalad
No I could only see it when logging in with my laptop, it was def showing end of Jan 2022 for Spire
thats very interesting. ive never seen a spire exp date online for my account. however, what do you see within your app? do you use android or iOS? are you saying you dont see any dates within your app and only online?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I have Iphone, on the app I only see my RA card which currently shows expiry of 31.12.20. If I log in on IHG.com then I can see both that and Spire card , which until recently showed expiry of Jan 2022. However I am now locked out of the website as it seems are a number of others . Maybe updates are happening ? I can access my account on my phone app
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:38 pm

Sorry I just played with my phone again , click on 2020 Track to Elite Status, just above where the circles showing points earned and nights this year are. That takes you to page showing various level with your own in a box . I get Spire Elite expiration 31.12.2022 and a smaller box saying You are Royal Ambassador. No I dd not mistype expiry date lol
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:25 pm

Sorry I just played with my phone again , click on 2020 Track to Elite Status, just above where the circles showing points earned and nights this year are. That takes you to page showing various level with your own in a box . I get Spire Elite expiration 31.12.2022 and a smaller box saying You are Royal Ambassador. No I dd not mistype expiry date lol
nice. glad you found the info within your app, however, all the dates are clearly messed up and IHG needs to update everything soon. youre RA date online and app are wrong, and your spire date in app is also wrong. not sure why spire date online showed correctly then disappeared for you. hopefully, everything will be set to Jan 2022 soon including AMB which only has +3 mo. ridiculous.

i didnt know online showed you both RA and Spire exp dates. but mine never did. interesting.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:43 am

No the Spire expiry date has been that since I got it in Feb this year, I was mixed up thinking Jan, not sure why it is for so long but I guess there is IHG logic to it. The RAdate is correct until they change them with new extension
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:59 am

No the Spire expiry date has been that since I got it in Feb this year, I was mixed up thinking Jan, not sure why it is for so long but I guess there is IHG logic to it. The RAdate is correct until they change them with new extension
oh i see. got it. sounds like its a waiting game now. keep us posted if you see updated expiration dates.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
My AMB weekend night cert is now showing the three month extension.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by chistery
My AMB weekend night cert is now showing the three month extension.
Ditto. Matches AMB membership extension. At last.

Chase night was extended 6 months - have almost 18 months to use. Much better.
Old May 1, 2020, 4:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Not to split hairs, but a question nonetheless: my Platinum status on the app is valid until December 31st, 2021. Is this accurate with IHG’s extension “through January 2022”, or does that mean it is yet to be extended to January 31st, 2022? Are there extensions that are yet to be reflected on people’s accounts?

Thanks in advance!

khabah
Old May 1, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Certificates now extended by 3 months on two family accounts. Okay for one of them as use in 2021 now, but 1 Aug 2020 isn't going to be possible IHG. Sigh.

Last edited by demue; May 2, 2020 at 3:22 am
Old May 2, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
My Spire status still shows expiring end of Dec. 2020 on the app and regular online account. I'm not complaining, just sharing a data point.
Old May 2, 2020, 1:22 pm

I have also not yet had certificates extended or status, as my spire goes until 31.12.22 then I don't expect a change but the RA should
Old May 18, 2020, 11:05 pm

Am I the only one who's Amb has not been extended?

Expires 30/06/2020.

I also have 67 qualifying nights this year. Spire expires 31/12/2021.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by 336
Am I the only one who's Amb has not been extended?

Expires 30/06/2020.

I also have 67 qualifying nights this year. Spire expires 31/12/2021.
My AMB expiry date was July 1st and it and the BOGOF have only been extended in the last three or four days.
Old May 22, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As another poster pointed out on the RA thread, seems that IHG silently extended all AMB accounts by another 3 months. I checked our two family accounts and both had an activity entry on 20 May stating "AMB Renewal". End date of AMB status is reflected correctly for us with one now showing 1 Nov 2020 (was 1 May 2020 originally) and the other showing 1 Jun 2021 (was 1 Nov 2020).

Not complaining, thanks IHG. May actually get a chance to use the FWNC then, though the one due by 1 Nov 2020 may still be tough. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; May 22, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.