Address
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagu Resort
Maamunagu Resort
Raa Atoll
Maldives
Tel + 960 6580500
Mail: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/maamunagau-island/mlemm/hoteldetail

Flight to airport (MLE)
Seaplane Round Trip
USD 580++ now 700++ per adult
USD 290++ now 350++ per child (3 -12 years of age)
children up to the age of 2 are free (but no seat)
(Post)

Rewards points:
120.000 Points

(According to this post, the hotel opens up reward inventory 3 month prior to stay date)

List of Digestifs at pool (daily between 20:00 - 22:00)
List in Post #48

Reports
Ambassador
Report of an Ambassador (on reward stay) in December 2019

Other
Pre Opening thread

Resort Menus in Post #140 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32883853-post140.html
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:56 am

Last edited by happyfeet2020; Jan 10, 2021 at 12:54 am
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:47 am

The hotel has only been open for about a year.

As we all have known for a while, the AMB "complimentary" wknd night is in lots of cases a scam.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Another way to look at Ambassador Free Night is - how do I recover $200+ in value that I've spent on Ambassador status? In that view, it is very useful. The key is to secure a one-category upgrade on a room that is priced around $100 higher on that night, while booking the lower tier. Always talk to the hotel first.

Don't look at it is as "Wow, I got a free night!" - no you didn't. It's more of a 50% off BAR, price-reducing measure at the right time.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by disneyphans
Another way to look at Ambassador Free Night is - how do I recover $200+ in value that I've spent on Ambassador status? In that view, it is very useful. The key is to secure a one-category upgrade on a room that is priced around $100 higher on that night, while booking the lower tier. Always talk to the hotel first.

Don't look at it is as "Wow, I got a free night!" - no you didn't. It's more of a 50% off BAR, price-reducing measure at the right time.
Mind when an entry level room costs about £800-£900, a free night suddenly becomes worth a bit more I guess.
disneyphans likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 6:55 am
wsc

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Mind when an entry level room costs about £800-£900, a free night suddenly becomes worth a bit more I guess.
The free night is for up to 40K points only right?

I’m from UK and booked here for November 21 on points redemption. Trying to see if it’s worth getting Ambassador solely for my visit?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by wsc

I’m from UK and booked here for November 21 on points redemption. Trying to see if it’s worth getting Ambassador solely for my visit?
Ahh didn't know that and should as a long time RA. Will check that.

My nights cost 100k per day. I bagged 19 of them for April. Annoyingly I didn't manage squeeze a weekend cert in.

One of the more familiar posters lower down the thread mentioned that they are quite generous on Amb upgrades. I asked as I'm unsure who gets RA after this last year and I'm expecting the worst.

If his post is accurate and I've no reason to think it is anything other than accurate then it would be worth you taking Amb just for the upgrade and small concessions. I've not paid for Amb in years but isn't it only about £120 ish?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by wsc

I tried a few random dates that have Reward Nights available to see if AMB free nights (not the weekend free night) show up - but there is no availability for "free nights" (AMB or Anniversary nights).
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:37 am
wsc

Originally Posted by domino007
I tried a few random dates that have Reward Nights available to see if AMB free nights (not the weekend free night) show up - but there is no availability for "free nights" (AMB or Anniversary nights).
Is that not because they are capped at 40k points that free night cert, vs 100k cost to stay here? Or am I wrong?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by wsc
Is that not because they are capped at 40k points that free night cert, vs 100k cost to stay here? Or am I wrong?
Just did a quick search, from what I can see from a sampling of dates the free night cert that comes from the UK Mastercard shows availably almost everyday to the end of the booking period as available in the Overwater Pool Villa.

Many of the dates are not available if booking using points.

A similar situation a few months ago with the new Kimpton Tokyo, was available to book using free night cert's but not points.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
Just did a quick search, from what I can see from a sampling of dates the free night cert that comes from the UK Mastercard shows availably almost everyday to the end of the booking period as available in the Overwater Pool Villa.

Many of the dates are not available if booking using points.

A similar situation a few months ago with the new Kimpton Tokyo, was available to book using free night cert's but not points.
Overpool Villa is entry level room at IC Maldives. Is what you will get as standard for your 100k. Not aware of anywhere that offers higher tier rooms for the points booking minimum payment. You should get upgrade with AMB on this. Mind from what I've read folks often prefer this overpool option than the larger beach units. And on RA I'm told you will be well looked after upgrade wise. And demand Q1-2 I imagine will be a little more restricted but who knows.

Ironically I looked for additional two nights yesterday on points to add to my 19 and they came up fairly easily although the message on room availability said 'last room'. Mind I think those can be took with a pinch, more to lean on you to book.

Have not seen rooms available here on weekend cert yet but not looked too actively.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Here's a good overview video of Intercontinental Maldives:
Japanese language but you'll get the idea =)
oxfordjames and Atacama40 like this.

Last edited by eltoddo22; Jan 7, 2021 at 11:40 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Here's a good overview video of Intercontinental Maldives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MybzdJ3l-E Japanese language but you'll get the idea =)
That's really useful .... seems be took fairly recent and in covid times. Good to get a flavour of the delivered service and product given the obvious limitations as well. Very glad I went for the full 20 days now. :-)
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by eltoddo22
Here's a good overview video of Intercontinental Maldives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MybzdJ3l-E Japanese language but you'll get the idea =)
And it seems he published another earlier .... the Part 1 of the trilogy as it were.....

And clear from this it was in December the stay. Place looked very empty but also excellent.

There is also a Part 3 mentioned which he has not published yet. It's actually a not bad snapshot of the stuff we all like deep down.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:00 am

That's really useful .... seems be took fairly recent and in covid times. Good to get a flavour of the delivered service and product given the obvious limitations as well. Very glad I went for the full 20 days now. :-)
Wow 20 days. Lucky you... I'm sure you will enjoy. Booked all on points?

Yes, video was taken in December when resort was at around 40% capacity. It's a great destination during pandemic being such a controlled environment. COVID feels a world away once you step foot on island.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:11 am

Overpool Villa is entry level room at IC Maldives. Is what you will get as standard for your 100k. Not aware of anywhere that offers higher tier rooms for the points booking minimum payment. You should get upgrade with AMB on this. Mind from what I've read folks often prefer this overpool option than the larger beach units. And on RA I'm told you will be well looked after upgrade wise. And demand Q1-2 I imagine will be a little more restricted but who knows.
I was told by curator that the lower upgrade tiers go like this:

Overwater Pool Villa
One Bedroom Lagoon Pool Villa
Sunset Overwater Pool Villa

As a Platinum Ambassador, I was upgraded from overwater pool villa to sunset overwater pool villa and told that this was technically a 2-level upgrade. But I think this upgrade is common for people with status booking award nights.

The "One Bedroom Lagoon Pool Villa" is actually much bigger and impressive that overwater villa. It's 2-story, has a jetted pool, views of lagoon and ocean, and much larger. However I think being on the sunset side is much better. I'd also never experienced an overwater villa before so preferred this option. But if your priority is lots of space and a separate living area then one bedroom lagoon villa could be better for some people.
HadesNL, Atacama40 and wsc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.