Address
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagu Resort
Maamunagu Resort
Raa Atoll
Maldives
Tel + 960 6580500
Mail: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/maamunagau-island/mlemm/hoteldetail

Flight to airport (MLE)
Seaplane Round Trip
USD 580++ now 700++ per adult
USD 290++ now 350++ per child (3 -12 years of age)
children up to the age of 2 are free (but no seat)
(Post)

Rewards points:
120.000 Points

(According to this post, the hotel opens up reward inventory 3 month prior to stay date)

List of Digestifs at pool (daily between 20:00 - 22:00)
List in Post #48

Reports
Ambassador
Report of an Ambassador (on reward stay) in December 2019

Other
Pre Opening thread

Resort Menus in Post #140 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32883853-post140.html
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2023, 9:37 am

we booked a year out and had lots of open points. but it does change during the year so you need to keep checking
Old May 16, 2023, 10:31 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if they let you add a child to the overwater villa (standard room redemption)? Or do they make you pay to upgrade? The website says children aren't allowed in this room but I"m wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Does anyone know if they let you add a child to the overwater villa (standard room redemption)? Or do they make you pay to upgrade? The website says children aren't allowed in this room but I"m wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!
IIRC, the no children in OWV is more a resort policy / liability issue as they are worried about kids falling into the water and drowning or such.

I have no experience if they allow it if you waive liability or such, but I think safer path is to "upgrade" to a beach villa or so against a fee which is what they usually offer - I'd suggest. YMMV.
Old May 17, 2023, 12:23 am

I’ve stayed at 2 other resorts in over-water villas with my son. Both allowed it without problem. He’s an excellent swimmer and we would always be watching him regardless. They allow families to stay in their lagoon villas, kids can drown there too, or in the pool at the beach villa…

I’m just interested in knowing if anyone has booked with points before with a child (older than 2). And what was the outcome? I’m going to email them but it would be nice to have a datapoint. We want to do one other resort followed by 8 nights at the IC so I really don’t want to have to pay for an upgrade of 8 x hundreds per night in addition. I have IHG platinum if that matters at all. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2023, 8:02 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I’ve stayed at 2 other resorts in over-water villas with my son. Both allowed it without problem. He’s an excellent swimmer and we would always be watching him regardless. They allow families to stay in their lagoon villas, kids can drown there too, or in the pool at the beach villa…

I’m just interested in knowing if anyone has booked with points before with a child (older than 2). And what was the outcome? I’m going to email them but it would be nice to have a datapoint. We want to do one other resort followed by 8 nights at the IC so I really don’t want to have to pay for an upgrade of 8 x hundreds per night in addition. I have IHG platinum if that matters at all. Thanks.

While I do not think Platinum does anything, at one stage they were upgrading Ambassadors with kids to the beach villa's. Not sure if that is still happening but if it is, you would be well advised to spend $200/40k on AMB membership
Eitherway, please post back with your outcome
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
what's the latest around points availability? Best time to look for etc
Old Jun 16, 2023, 5:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Hi all,

As cash stays can be challenging somethimes from CC limit side, may I ask do you have info whether bill settlement is possible multiple times during a stay, please? Of course on best flexible rate.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Had a peep at Belgian Luxury Travel Expert's video:

All f&b is priced to make Uncle Scrooge : Oncle Picsou : Oom Dagobert : Paman Gober,
have a seizure ....
Makes IC Parklane & IC AMS look cheap ....

If.... if ...we decide on a getaway to IC Maldives,
Can anybody enlighten me if all on property f&b is EQP ?

A week's stay might be enough to fulfill at least the $ component of RA qualification,
Especially if booking revenue,
me thinks ....
koriobg likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 11:03 pm

I confirm that all on property f&b is EQP.
HadesNL and koriobg like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:54 pm
Original Member

Standard Rooms

Am I reading this correctly, are the One Bedroom Overwater Pool, the standard rooms? If so, the beach units are an upgrade then correct? Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Had a peep at Belgian Luxury Travel Expert's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqC92i1yXoI

All f&b is priced to make Uncle Scrooge : Oncle Picsou : Oom Dagobert : Paman Gober,
have a seizure ....
Makes IC Parklane & IC AMS look cheap ....

It’s like that at all high end Maldives resorts. I’ve stayed the Conrad and WA on points but the F&B bill is thousands. Add in transfers, spa treatments and excursions and it’s easily 5 - 8k for a week.

did you decide to go? I have 7 nights in April/may. Trying to decide if we wanna stay longer
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
S/O is keen to do it as a week's holiday for 2025/2026 festive season.
And we are leaving the kids at home ......

We've got unexpected for 2024 a different tropical island booked: Hawaï
Although not really enroute, with a kid at college in Houston,
the only opportunity (according to him)for me to finally done a grass skirt, coconut bikinis and enjoy the ukelele in the surf,
as similair to Brooke Shields in the Blue Lagoon movie,
a natural choice to visit Hawaî...., he insists as his only birthday present wishlist.

I'm still in doubt if IC Maldives is a good fit for me,
The combo IC Danang + IC SIN with its associated food culture & historic sights to visit, has more appeal to me as i like to pop out on my own...
But IC Maldives' sheer escapism might be good for S/O's brain to unplugg from the intensity of working in the City....restarting the batteries

Choices !
koriobg likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:24 am

The IC Danang is great! We loved it. It's a bit out of the way for doing touristy stuff but a very relaxing getaway.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:31 pm

Thanks for the headsup on IC DAD,
It should be fine for me as my stops will include historic and religious sights ..., while leaving S/O at the hotel.....
And the kids at home

IC Maldives does have its edge in a postive sense nowadays .... as i do hope last nov2023 special offer of 30% discount will return ..
I do not mind rain, gives me a chance to communicate with nature ....
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:35 pm

Right now the IC Maldives is running an offer that includes 50% off the seaplane transfer for 2 adults and half board.

Some even more interesting info. Etihad is running a flash sale. Yesterday I booked my family tickets AMS -MLE in business for the Meivakantie for only 1500 eur per person. Incredible deal as it’s usually well more than double that. I think the sale only includes dates til June, but there are many other cities available for departure across Europe and you can also fly to CMB or India.
HadesNL and noppie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.