Address
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagu Resort
Maamunagu Resort
Raa Atoll
Maldives
Tel + 960 6580500
Mail: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/maamunagau-island/mlemm/hoteldetail

Flight to airport (MLE)
Seaplane Round Trip
USD 580++ now 700++ per adult
USD 290++ now 350++ per child (3 -12 years of age)
children up to the age of 2 are free (but no seat)
(Post)

Rewards points:
120.000 Points

(According to this post, the hotel opens up reward inventory 3 month prior to stay date)

List of Digestifs at pool (daily between 20:00 - 22:00)
List in Post #48

Reports
Ambassador
Report of an Ambassador (on reward stay) in December 2019

Other
Pre Opening thread

Resort Menus in Post #140 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32883853-post140.html
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by 336
They will treat you well. You can expect a room upgrade, and free minibar for non-alcoholic drinks (also as an Amb).

It's "club" benefits and welcome amenity for all guests, so not sure whether a RA can expect anything more.

The quality of the restaurants is one of the highlights of the resort. Fish Market is great. The other places are nice and good quality as well. Prices for food were reasonable (taking into account the situation).
That's encouraging stuff. I mention RA/A as having been RA since virtually the beginning I think, I doubt I will be this year. Better to assume the worst I guess.

Yes the Fish Market rang out to me a bit and sounds very similar in concept to the restaurant of the same name in IC Abu Dhabi which I always enjoyed.

Surprised the pricing is so good but pleased of course. Ok that's very encouraging, many thanks for the heads up. I heard senior management were very accommodating and in touch with guests and RA's. Was that your experience?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:48 am

Is three weeks too long for this location? Read somewhere on a travel page that there was not enough to do for a three week period.

Entirely new to this part of the world so have nothing to measure to. Would appreciate some guidance on duration and also activities and must do's.

Thought to add another location as a stepping stone .... any suggestions? Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Oman jump to mind (will be May) .... any other suggestions?

Apols, may have already asked about activities but is still relevant.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Personally, I would really get bored with 3 weeks on one island and think the limit is like 10 days, but I know there's folks who've stayed at the same resort for a month. You could also just do 2 separate islands in the Maldives, but I also really like Oman. If you're intent on burning IHG points that does make it a little trickier so you may need to look for a nice hotel and then work from there... Could do some days in Muscat and some in Dubai -- or perhaps there's a Six Senses or something through Mr. and Mrs. Smith that can be booked with points.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jjakobv84
Personally, I would really get bored with 3 weeks on one island and think the limit is like 10 days, but I know there's folks who've stayed at the same resort for a month. You could also just do 2 separate islands in the Maldives, but I also really like Oman. If you're intent on burning IHG points that does make it a little trickier so you may need to look for a nice hotel and then work from there... Could do some days in Muscat and some in Dubai -- or perhaps there's a Six Senses or something through Mr. and Mrs. Smith that can be booked with points.
Your post provoked a lot of chat in Atacama towers tonight. And the consensus (wife!) tends to agree! ;-) .... three weeks could be too much.

I think (orry...she thinks) 2 weeks in a villa over water might be enough. And some ME madness, a nice step down to that. Dubai has a been a regular work visit for me for many many years since mid 90's but is far from a hardship to spend a week in before Maldives.

Mind you, I tend agree your point that Muscat could be a nice counter to that. Plenty of IC's that treat RA's more than well. Is good thinking. And as you say on points.

Six Senses ....now that's an option I'd not modelled. Will be looking at that shortly. Good call.

Last edited by Atacama40; Nov 17, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:02 am

If I read the rate on-line correctly, it seems read that the airplane connection from MLE is included? Would this be correct?

And are there any case/weight restrictions that come with this?

I have a good number of points nights. There's nothing in there to say the seaplane connection is not included. But it would sound amazing if it were included as well.

Anyone have any data or advice on this aspect?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:07 am

Typically the flights are not included in the rate or if they are, it’s a promotion and/or it is mentioned for sure.

i would almost compare it to an expensive taxi ride to a hotel. It’s not included in the room rate, even though the hotel might arrange and invoice it.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by _fly_
Typically the flights are not included in the rate or if they are, it’s a promotion and/or it is mentioned for sure.

i would almost compare it to an expensive taxi ride to a hotel. It’s not included in the room rate, even though the hotel might arrange and invoice it.
It sounded to good to be true but the wording did steer that way. Cashed a ton of EK miles to do F LHR-DXB-MLE and found you don't get airport car on points bookings!

Common sense should have told me it was too good to be true.

Thanks for clarifying
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:20 am

Can you share what’s the wording on the website that made you think the flights would be included? I don’t see anything related in my existing reservations or when making a new one.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Unless you pick the rate that specifically says it includes transfers, then no, they aren't included.
​​​​​I've booked for 8 nights on points for end of Jan. Transfers were $740usd per person return. That's inclusive of all taxes and charges.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 3:06 pm

Flight not included.
Strict enforcement of weight restrictions for luggage. But reasonable price for overweight.
​​
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by 336
Flight not included.
Strict enforcement of weight restrictions for luggage. But reasonable price for overweight.
​​
Thanks for clarifying. You have any idea of limits and over weight costs?

We have a couple of weeks in other locations in the ME before moving on to Maldives so we will definitely over run the limits. But as you say if the cost is ok then can be factored in.

We have J flights and usually use every inch of that 2x32 each. This is going be a challenge
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by _fly_
Can you share what’s the wording on the website that made you think the flights would be included? I don’t see anything related in my existing reservations or when making a new one.
Apologies late reply. Yes will retrieve that and post. Wife found it and I raised an eyebrow then.

And ours is points so even more unlikely even if there is some insane res configuration that might include.

I'm about to start some pre prep comms with the hotel so will find more. Have noticed that comms with all the ME IC's has been very slow moving recent times.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Thanks for clarifying. You have any idea of limits and over weight costs?

We have a couple of weeks in other locations in the ME before moving on to Maldives so we will definitely over run the limits. But as you say if the cost is ok then can be factored in.

We have J flights and usually use every inch of that 2x32 each. This is going be a challenge
I don't remember exactly. You can ask the hotel.

Would guess 20kg per person. Overweight at about 5USD/kg.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 4:04 pm

It’s 6USD/kg. Just returned from 9 nights in the Maldives and the hotel wanted to charge us $120 both ways for some overweight luggage. We had around 30kg each all bags together. They dropped the charge in the end (but we were on a complimentary stay so ymmv).

The 20kg is checked bag and cabin luggage together. So if you travel with 2x32 and 1x8kg each, they would charge you around $1250 extra for the return. Travel light!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Unless you pick the rate that specifically says it includes transfers, then no, they aren't included.
​​​​​I've booked for 8 nights on points for end of Jan. Transfers were $740usd per person return. That's inclusive of all taxes and charges.
Yes found the banner rates now. Not spoke to hotel yet but they list this on web site ....... "Malé International Airport (MLE) : Guests will be greeted upon arrival by the resort’s Airport Representatives and moved to the Seaplane Terminal for a 35min Seaplane ride to the resort. Guests arriving on flights after 3.30pm will be embark on a 20min domestic flight to Dharavandhoo Domestic Airport, followed by a 35min speedboat transfer to the resort. Return transfer fee of USD 600++ per adult & USD 300++ per child applies."

600++ I guess does roughly equate to the 740 you mention. It quite a price but is quite a place and a way to arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.