Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
I'm thinking about applying for the new Premeir Card. My husband and I intend to keep our legacy ($49) cards because the 40,000 points free night works out fine for our needs. We both received the bonus for opening those cards back in 2014.

My question is regarding the authorized user 5000 bonus points on the new card. If I add him to my application and earn the extra 5000 points will that hurt his chance of getting his own card (and therefore missing out on the 80,000 sign up bonus)?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by TxTrav
I'm thinking about applying for the new Premeir Card. My husband and I intend to keep our legacy ($49) cards because the 40,000 points free night works out fine for our needs. We both received the bonus for opening those cards back in 2014.

My question is regarding the authorized user 5000 bonus points on the new card. If I add him to my application and earn the extra 5000 points will that hurt his chance of getting his own card (and therefore missing out on the 80,000 sign up bonus)?
My wife and I both got the card and both added each other as AU. Both instantly approved with no issues. These aren't under 5/24 so it wasn't an issue. If you are waiting to apply for other cards that are under 5/24, you may not want to add the AU. Otherwise, I don't see why you wouldn't.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travel4free
My wife and I both got the card and both added each other as AU. Both instantly approved with no issues. These aren't under 5/24 so it wasn't an issue. If you are waiting to apply for other cards that are under 5/24, you may not want to add the AU. Otherwise, I don't see why you wouldn't.
do you both submit the same IHG number or have 2 accounts (does IHG alllow pooling/family accounts)?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

do you both submit the same IHG number or have 2 accounts (does IHG alllow pooling/family accounts)?
Two separate IHG accounts. I'm not aware of IHG allowing pooling.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Sure... as it was, it's correct, going forward it will be restricted to 40K as is the Premier UNLESS IHG backpedals from all the heat they are getting on social media over the change and grandfathers existing Select holders.
Meh, i’m fine with the 40k restriction.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dw

No, they are undoubtedly anticipating a certain level of breakage on the free nights with the new restrictions
I had breakage on the old free night that was good on any hotel last year. I stupidly didn't use it early in the year thinking I'd redeem for a higher end property... then travel plans changed and ended up eating it. Ugh.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
If you apply for the new card in the process of booking a room (which yields the $50 statement credit), is it actually possible to charge that booking to the new just-approved (but not received) card? It looks to me like it isn't...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by DaveH
If you apply for the new card in the process of booking a room (which yields the $50 statement credit), is it actually possible to charge that booking to the new just-approved (but not received) card? It looks to me like it isn't...
is the $50 credit still valid as part of the offer? I’m not getting it and I’ve read somewhere (or at least I thought I did) that it had gone away.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
is the $50 credit still valid as part of the offer? I’m not getting it and I’ve read somewhere (or at least I thought I did) that it had gone away.
I just applied and was able to see the $50 credit (via a dummy booking at ihg.com)

I wasn't auto-approved. Really hoping to get the card soon enough to use the 4th night free on the upcoming Pointbreaks.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
The answer is no. If it is not a prepaid reservation, simply hold the reservation with another card, and assuming the new card is received prior to the stay, simply present it at check-in.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
That's certainly my sense, diver858 .

Has anyone been able to test yet whether the new and old card benefits stack? e.g., the 10 points rebate with the 4th night free? For that matter, I haven't seen seen a report yet confirming how the 4th night free benefit is implemented...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
That's certainly my sense, diver858 .

Has anyone been able to test yet whether the new and old card benefits stack? e.g., the 10 points rebate with the 4th night free? For that matter, I haven't seen seen a report yet confirming how the 4th night free benefit is implemented...
Too soon. Card app went live 4/8 so many who applied Day-1 prob don't even have the card yet.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Keep in mind the 10% rebate usually takes 4-6 weeks after the award stay to post so for a data point we’ll need someone who made and consumed an award reservation on or after 4/12 (the day the new 4th night feature seems to have been activated by IHG)... and then wait the 4-6 weeks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: UAL,AA, Marriott Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
ok so I should NOT be alarmed that when I do dummy reservations, I am not getting the 4th night free deal? I have the $49 for a long time but just added the new one. I got an email it shipped to me but still no 4th night fee when I go to book a trip to DC. Anyone else 4th night working?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Keep in mind the 10% rebate usually takes 4-6 weeks after the award stay to post so for a data point we’ll need someone who made and consumed an award reservation on or after 4/12 (the day the new 4th night feature seems to have been activated by IHG)... and then wait the 4-6 weeks
Have you seen something that indicates this is how the 4th night is implemented? The TOC's seem to indicate otherwise:

"For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights, every 4th night is free. Applies only to 4 or more consecutive nights within the same Reward Night point redemption room stay at the same property. With this benefit, eligible members will be charged the Reward Night point redemption rate for the first 3 nights, and 0 points for the 4th night of the stay, as applicable. If 4th Reward Night Free reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before the 4th night, the 4th Reward Night is forfeited and has no cash or point value. Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night terms and conditions apply. Offer does not apply to paid stays or Points & Cash bookings. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."

But nothing is showing up like that for me (although the card just showed up in my chase account 20 minutes ago, so who knows.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.