Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions

Older Thread (Prior to December 31, 2016) could be found here. The Wiki was taken from this thread.
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback from January 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by UserMark
Interesting development with the LPP vs. the BRG. I had never even heard of the LPP before now. The LPP terms seem to be more favorable than BRG. Under the LPP you just need to find a rate that is the same or lower than the "Your Rate" on the IHG site.
But now, under both programs, the cancellation terms must match. It used to be with the BRG that if the lowest rate was cancellable you could book that and compare with another site's non-cancellable rate.
matching rates was always the case , afaik nothing in the tnc said you could book prepaid against best flex - but you could still do it sort of like a unspoken rule.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:17 am

I have a trip to DC planned next month and am looking at staying at the Kimpton Glover Park. I have been searching FlyerTalk IHG threads for information on the Best Rate Guarantee. Is the concensus still that it is a joke and not worth dealing with?

My situation:
A "best available rate" search on the hotel's website yields a "Standard Room" "Lock It Down" "Special Offer" rate of $177.65.

A search of Priceline in the non-auction, non-opaque portion of the their site yields a "Standard Room" "Non Refundable" "Exclusive!" for rate of $78.20 for the same night.

So a huge difference. Am I likely to have any luck with the BRG or am I likely to get stuck paying about $100 more for the same room if I book through the hotel's/IHG's site? I note that the terms and conditions read:

"7.d. Rates on auction websites or that you book using a similar process;" are ineligible for the program.

Obviously Priceline is an "auction site" but this is not an auction rate or something that doesn't disclose the hotel until the reservation is made. Thoughts?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wjm7733
I have a trip to DC planned next month and am looking at staying at the Kimpton Glover Park. I have been searching FlyerTalk IHG threads for information on the Best Rate Guarantee. Is the concensus still that it is a joke and not worth dealing with?

My situation:
A "best available rate" search on the hotel's website yields a "Standard Room" "Lock It Down" "Special Offer" rate of $177.65.

A search of Priceline in the non-auction, non-opaque portion of the their site yields a "Standard Room" "Non Refundable" "Exclusive!" for rate of $78.20 for the same night.

So a huge difference. Am I likely to have any luck with the BRG or am I likely to get stuck paying about $100 more for the same room if I book through the hotel's/IHG's site? I note that the terms and conditions read:

"7.d. Rates on auction websites or that you book using a similar process;" are ineligible for the program.

Obviously Priceline is an "auction site" but this is not an auction rate or something that doesn't disclose the hotel until the reservation is made. Thoughts?
At that difference, especially if multinight stay, don't risk IHG BPG/LPP claim. Go with Priceline, Far too many hurdles and very very high chance IHG will deny your claim.

BRG in any case is changed for 2018 onwards, no longer gives a free first night. You should look at LPP version instead these days.
wjm7733 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
At that difference, especially if multinight stay, don't risk IHG BPG/LPP claim. Go with Priceline, Far too many hurdles and very very high chance IHG will deny your claim.

BRG in any case is changed for 2018 onwards, no longer gives a free first night. You should look at LPP version instead these days.
Isn't the LPP is only valid in Europe? OP is looking for a hotel in DC. I wouldn't risk it either and will just book via Priceline.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Kimpton Lorien: $111 for a King (IHG non-refundable discount) or $199 for Suite
Hotels.com/Expedia/Hotwire/Hotels.com (Any site I should pick in particular to file): $101 and $180. Not a huge savings, but I'll take it as it's almost $50 on the suite.

Is there a particular site that I should or shouldn't use for the guarantee? Almost every site is cheaper than IHG's own website at this point. I miss Kimpton being independent!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Lpp

I can confirm the lpp in Europe is still working as a free night post bpg/lpp terms and conditions update jan 2018.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by airb330
Kimpton Lorien: $111 for a King (IHG non-refundable discount) or $199 for Suite
Hotels.com/Expedia/Hotwire/Hotels.com (Any site I should pick in particular to file): $101 and $180. Not a huge savings, but I'll take it as it's almost $50 on the suite.

Is there a particular site that I should or shouldn't use for the guarantee? Almost every site is cheaper than IHG's own website at this point. I miss Kimpton being independent!
Put all of them down
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:32 pm

Has anybody had any luck with hotels in London or Amsterdam? I'm struggling here to find a site that still works.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:43 am

Haven't had any luck with UK ones for a long time. The golden one used to be galahotels.com but now they're linked up to IHG prices.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:21 am

Hi there~

May I ask if there is no availability show on IHG website, meanwhile for 3rd party sites bookings could be made, is it not possible to apply for BRG as a valid booking is required?

Anyone has suggestions under this situation?

Thanks~
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:48 pm

Indeed.

Even more. The hotel needs to offer at least two rooms of the type you are trying to BPG, otherwise you can’t Make a reservation without killling inventief. And even then, most likely the other room will also be booked before a claim has been validated.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Sorry if this has been answered here before, couldn't find it, but quick question.

I made a booking at a Kimpton couple weeks ago on a non-refundable rate. Booked and surprisingly was approved for a BRG claim. Card was charged and bill was paid at the end of the month. Today I was checking on my booking and it's now showing as a flex rate. If I were to cancel this booking, would the charge go back onto my card or would I just lose a fully paid booking? I called both IHG as well as Kimpton and they both redirected me to one another.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:16 pm

Anybody has a good OTA for IC london?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:31 am

I would be grateful if someone could suggest a third party site for London
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
I would be grateful if someone could suggest a third party site for London
I think we all would! The best ones died a couple of years ago now. Still waiting to find a new one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.